New duck hole

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

New duck hole

Postby gahunter » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:42 pm

This afternoon I was so excited because I was going to be taken to a new duck hole that I would have access to this upcoming season. It is about 10 minutes from home and is supposed to be loaded with ducks. Unfortunately being a volunteer fireman, high winds, and idiots insisting on burning trash didn't allow me to do that. :pissed: Hopefully I will get to check it out the next time the landowners are in town. :thumbsup:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby Dogman » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:43 pm

Good luck,hope it pans out! :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:51 pm

Join the crowd idiots just dont know when they should burn and not we are under a red flage here for SC do people care? NO.

But good luck on your hole :thumbsup:
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gahunter » Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:28 am

We had several hundred acres of good timber burn up yesterday, but luckily we were able to keep it away from any homes and other structures. The forestry units were amazing! :thumbsup: They brought in the helicopter with the dump bucket. It was awesome! :salude:
gahunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:27 am

hey SC, i have a big brush pile i need to burn. i live in a subdivision and have a 1 acre lot. there isn't really anything within 30 yards of it in any direction. there are some trees that if the flames got high enough it could heat them up but i don't think i would catch on fire. this pile is pretty big so it's gonna be a pretty big fire. should i hold off on burning or can i go ahead and light it and monitor it with a waterhose? thanks in advance.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby gahunter » Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:42 am

If you do be careful. Rake all the way around it to make a good fire break. If you are not careful you get cited for illegal burning. Make sure you keep an eye on it the entire time, especially if it is any wind at all. :umm:
gahunter
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole