Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby bighop » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 am

Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
t_baker wrote:Was unaware

Yup, I dropped $100 on a single full extended.


Dam, did it come with electric d**k massage?

Actually detaches itself and gives me a bj while driving down the road. I'm not mad.



Text me the info. I'm sure the meat button appreciated the purchase. :biggrin:

It does, I also went for the closer package as well. Well worth the money.


Does it have a self cleaning mode? I'm guessing it is also Asian made.

Not Asian, it's a toothless wonder born and bred in NE Arkansas....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas


Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby T Man » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 am

ByersFarm wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
bighop wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:What kind of choke are you using? I'd shoot a 30" if I could get one.

Patternmaster code black goose or a kicks high flyer.

The new A5 comes in a 30"

Give the guys at Angleport a call. They're in Steve-o's area. I send my guns to them to have back bored and have the forcing cones lengthened.

Their chokes are also freaking ridiculous! I have a few angleports for my SBE1


If you're ever in the area you can walk in with the particular shell you want to shoot, and they will custom grind you a choke to maximize performance for that shell.


What about once you shoot that shell?

:lol::lol:
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5907
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby quacknstack6 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:27 am

bighop wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
t_baker wrote:Was unaware

Yup, I dropped $100 on a single full extended.


Dam, did it come with electric d**k massage?

Actually detaches itself and gives me a bj while driving down the road. I'm not mad.



Text me the info. I'm sure the meat button appreciated the purchase. :biggrin:

It does, I also went for the closer package as well. Well worth the money.


Does it have a self cleaning mode? I'm guessing it is also Asian made.

Not Asian, it's a toothless wonder born and bred in NE Arkansas....

I call it the raptor special, gets a little mud on it from time to time.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 6485
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Jarbo03 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:30 am

bighop wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
t_baker wrote:Was unaware

Yup, I dropped $100 on a single full extended.


Dam, did it come with electric d**k massage?

Actually detaches itself and gives me a bj while driving down the road. I'm not mad.



Text me the info. I'm sure the meat button appreciated the purchase. :biggrin:

It does, I also went for the closer package as well. Well worth the money.


Does it have a self cleaning mode? I'm guessing it is also Asian made.

Not Asian, it's a toothless wonder born and bred in NE Arkansas....


It's all about the results, not the process. No wonder Shaun is liking his product.
User avatar
Jarbo03
hunter
 
Posts: 3347
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: KANSAS

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby quacknstack6 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:31 am

Jarbo03 wrote:
bighop wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
quacknstack6 wrote:[quote="t_baker"]Was unaware

Yup, I dropped $100 on a single full extended.


Dam, did it come with electric d**k massage?

Actually detaches itself and gives me a bj while driving down the road. I'm not mad.



Text me the info. I'm sure the meat button appreciated the purchase. :biggrin:

It does, I also went for the closer package as well. Well worth the money.


Does it have a self cleaning mode? I'm guessing it is also Asian made.

Not Asian, it's a toothless wonder born and bred in NE Arkansas....


It's all about the results, not the process. No wonder Shaun is liking his product.[/quote]
How do you think I made the drive to Arkansas and stayed focused?
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 6485
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:37 pm

Sooo....

about that ice cream- anyone want gelatto instead? It's Italian ice cream which is made 3:1 milk to cream ratio, but has 14 egg yolks per 1.5 quarts, which gives it a smoother richer taste.

True Ice Cream uses 1:1 milk to cream and whole eggs.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Jarbo03 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:45 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Sooo....

about that ice cream- anyone want gelatto instead? It's Italian ice cream which is made 3:1 milk to cream ratio, but has 14 egg yolks per 1.5 quarts, which gives it a smoother richer taste.

True Ice Cream uses 1:1 milk to cream and whole eggs.



Sounds good to me, I've never had it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
User avatar
Jarbo03
hunter
 
Posts: 3347
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: KANSAS

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 pm

Jarbo03 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Sooo....

about that ice cream- anyone want gelatto instead? It's Italian ice cream which is made 3:1 milk to cream ratio, but has 14 egg yolks per 1.5 quarts, which gives it a smoother richer taste.

True Ice Cream uses 1:1 milk to cream and whole eggs.



Sounds good to me, I've never had it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

My bad...it's spelled gelato:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelato
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:20 pm

I have no opinion. Still a month out.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 12730
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby WTN10 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:31 pm

So. Much. Food.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
User avatar
WTN10
hunter
 
Posts: 14036
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Western Tunisia

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby ByersFarm » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:34 pm

WTN10 wrote:So. Much. Food.

#ourworldproblems
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 13153
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:42 pm

WTN10 wrote:So. Much. Food.

But I LOVE food!!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby whistlin_wings » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
WTN10 wrote:So. Much. Food.

But I LOVE food!!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

If you keep this up you're going to have to bring a trailer behind the truck to carry all the supplies that you keep adding.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
User avatar
whistlin_wings
State Moderator
 
Posts: 9178
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:54 am
Location: CENTEX

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:06 pm

whistlin_wings wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
WTN10 wrote:So. Much. Food.

But I LOVE food!!!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

If you keep this up you're going to have to bring a trailer behind the truck to carry all the supplies that you keep adding.

:lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby t_baker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:09 pm

I'm not bringing food. I'm bringing plywood and saw horses to hold up all the dishes. 10 to 12 sheets should be enough right?
@
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8067
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:14 pm

t_baker wrote:I'm not bringing food. I'm bringing plywood and blue barrels to hold up all the dishes. 10 to 12 sheets should be enough right?
@

FIFY.... :wink:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:18 pm

Image
How much cheese you gonna want, Swamp? I may have to go to one of these factories to get a pepper jack this size.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S4
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5536
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:21 pm

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:Image
How much cheese you gonna want, Swamp? I may have to go to one of these factories to get a pepper jack this size.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S4

How many pounds of cheese is that? we will only need about a pound or so for the boudin balls...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby bighop » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Mark that post! Swamp just actually recommended someone bring LESS food. First time for that to happen. Maybe ever.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7241
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Question for you northern guys attending the event-
Is rock salt in large bags readily accessible/available up north? I can only buy it here in small 4lb. boxes, thought they might sell it in bulk cheap up there for melting driveways and such.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby t_baker » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Question for you northern guys attending the event-
Is rock salt in large bags readily accessible/available up north? I can only buy it here in small 4lb. boxes, thought they might sell it in bulk cheap up there for melting driveways and such.

Let me ask my buddy that sells salt what he has.

For the ice cream maker?
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8067
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 pm

bighop wrote:Mark that post! Swamp just actually recommended someone bring LESS food. First time for that to happen. Maybe ever.

:lol3: I said we only need a pound for the boudin. Said nothing of how much to bring.... :wink:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Botiz630 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Would bags of water softener salt work? They're like 50lbs
It needs more cowbell.
User avatar
Botiz630
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 16674
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:24 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:30 pm

t_baker wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:Question for you northern guys attending the event-
Is rock salt in large bags readily accessible/available up north? I can only buy it here in small 4lb. boxes, thought they might sell it in bulk cheap up there for melting driveways and such.

Let me ask my buddy that sells salt what he has.

For the ice cream maker?

Yes. I'm bringing two machines and depending on what we make, will need anywhere from 4 to 8 lbs of salt per gallon of ice cream. If a bunch of people bring machines, it would be better just to bring a bulk bag of salt...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Botiz630 wrote:Would bags of water softener salt work? They're like 50lbs

I'm not familiar with the type of salt used as water softener. Very coarse rock salt is best for ice cream machines because the larger size stays mixed with the ice and does not fall to the bottom, but any salt will work to make ice cream...just coarse is best.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57406
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bighop, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], goosetalk, Greenheadindy, OGblackcloud, OHIODUCKA5, okbucksnducks, OmegaRed, possumfoot, Seminole39, Sir Big Spur, The New Guy and 32 guests