Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby t_baker » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:21 pm

cannon wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:^^^^Unless everyone wants it as a meal....



I have some duck breasts, and a bunch of goose. How would that work?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk


I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it won't be necessary for anyone to transport duck breasts. If Cason don't got em, all ya gotta do is let me know how many hundred ya need.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I snickered.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8234
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio


Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:21 pm

cannon wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:^^^^Unless everyone wants it as a meal....



I have some duck breasts, and a bunch of goose. How would that work?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk


I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that it won't be necessary for anyone to transport duck breasts. If Cason don't got em, all ya gotta do is let me know how many hundred ya need.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will do Cannon.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58132
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby bighop » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:40 pm

I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7741
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:43 pm

bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58132
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:53 pm

You guys are awesome.

That is all.
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
User avatar
Feelin' Fowl
hunter
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Northern IL

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby bighop » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:You guys are awesome.

That is all.

Who are you?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7741
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby bighop » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..

Tentcot FTW.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7741
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:58 pm

bighop wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:You guys are awesome.

That is all.

Who are you?


feelin' fowl of course...
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
User avatar
Feelin' Fowl
hunter
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Northern IL

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:01 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..


When I camp I carry a hammock rather than a tent. Only way to go.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 12926
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby bighop » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:03 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..


When I camp I carry a hammock rather than a tent. Only way to go.

I have those too, but cannon's description of the mosquitos may steer me away from such a thing....
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 7741
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Cujo1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:03 pm

bighop wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:You guys are awesome.

That is all.

Who are you?

ff.gif
ff.gif (34.14 KiB) Viewed 904 times
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6807
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:04 pm

bighop wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..


When I camp I carry a hammock rather than a tent. Only way to go.

I have those too, but cannon's description of the mosquitos may steer me away from such a thing....


Ya you'd be eaten alive
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 12926
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby t_baker » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..


When I camp I carry a hammock rather than a tent. Only way to go.

They say those ones that wrap you like a chalupa are pretty amazing.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8234
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:05 pm

Cujo1 wrote:
bighop wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:You guys are awesome.

That is all.

Who are you?

ff.gif


:lol: Stalker!
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
User avatar
Feelin' Fowl
hunter
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Northern IL

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
bighop wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..


When I camp I carry a hammock rather than a tent. Only way to go.

I have those too, but cannon's description of the mosquitos may steer me away from such a thing....


Ya you'd be eaten alive


ENO makes nets that enclose their hammocks. Well worth the investment if you're a hammock camper.
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
User avatar
Feelin' Fowl
hunter
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Northern IL

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Cujo1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
Cujo1 wrote:
bighop wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:You guys are awesome.

That is all.

Who are you?

ff.gif


:lol: Stalker!

:shades:
All turkeys must die!


bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
User avatar
Cujo1
hunter
 
Posts: 6807
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:52 pm
Location: Southern Illinois

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:07 pm

Feelin' Fowl wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
bighop wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..


When I camp I carry a hammock rather than a tent. Only way to go.

I have those too, but cannon's description of the mosquitos may steer me away from such a thing....


Ya you'd be eaten alive


ENO makes nets that enclose their hammocks. Well worth the investment if you're a hammock camper.


Ya most come with covers but pretty sure the skeeters here would just eat through some mesh.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
User avatar
Westtennduckhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 12926
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Memphis, tn

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..


When I camp I carry a hammock rather than a tent. Only way to go.

Mosquitoes Brah....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58132
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Feelin' Fowl » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Westtennduckhunter wrote:
Feelin' Fowl wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
bighop wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
bighop wrote:I'm in if there's room. I have a tent if I have to.

Yea...no joke. May should be perfect tent camping weather there. I'll sleep in a tent if I have to as well..


When I camp I carry a hammock rather than a tent. Only way to go.

I have those too, but cannon's description of the mosquitos may steer me away from such a thing....


Ya you'd be eaten alive


ENO makes nets that enclose their hammocks. Well worth the investment if you're a hammock camper.


Ya most come with covers but pretty sure the skeeters here would just eat through some mesh.



Fair enough.

While climbing into a hammock after a beer or two would make for good stories and/or YouTube videos, it's probably not the best option.

Hopefully there's enough room for you guys indoors.
luie b wrote:I think you guys were right.
User avatar
Feelin' Fowl
hunter
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:12 am
Location: Northern IL

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby ByersFarm » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:18 pm

ByersFarm wrote:Right now we have
Westie
Cannon
Woods
Swamp
Baker
La
Jarbo
WTN
Bighop
And Steve o.

Is that right?
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 13472
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Blackcloud870 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:19 pm

When the ol' ball and chain gets home, I will confirm the date of a May wedding we are supposed to attend. Don't put me down as a commit just yet. If I am free, I'll be rollin' down with T_baker.

I don't care where I sleep. And I think I have the perfect idea for an appetizer...
threedogs wrote: wrote:One word, Inflatable decoys......

DanJeffandJack wrote:I just drink beer and crush box.

That's how I remain the physical specimen that I am.
User avatar
Blackcloud870
hunter
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:45 am
Location: Northern, IL

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Humpbackshooter » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:56 pm

Cason, if there is room, add me to that list. I'll have to make a day of it and drive back that night.
Hump.
User avatar
Humpbackshooter
hunter
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Memphis,Tn.

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby t_baker » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Do-All-Outdoors-A ... et+thrower

I have been considering ordering one of these throwers with a wobbler kit. If I pull the trigger is this something you guys would want me to bring along? Give us something to fool around with.

Cason this one is on you. No sweat if you don't.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 8234
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:09 pm

Sent from the tip. Just the tip.
Last edited by WisconsinWaterfowler on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5922
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:11 pm

quacknstack6 wrote:
beretta24 wrote:I'm out for sure. I would've been great to meet everyone but it'll have to wait til another day.

First the slaughter and now the OOS'er feast.

Drink a fifth or ten for me.

I already started and the tears are flowing because I have to play soldier that weekend.

*play pretend soldier

Sent from the tip. Just the tip.
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5922
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CrazyYouthHunter, goosegetter79 and 40 guests