Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby t_baker » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:46 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
t_baker wrote:Good mowers. I took a striping kit off a Scag (the big spring loaded roller style) and fabbed them to that Ferris sitting there. Guys yard stripes like a baseball diamond.

I never knew there was such a thing.

Yeah, bolt on for the Scags. I don't have the rollers here, took them off to fit all of them on the trailer today, or I would take a picture.

If you like a nice stripe they are well worth the investment.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7474
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio


Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Jarbo03 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Indaswamp wrote:That reminds me Tman...
Is anyone renting a Prius to travel to Byers Farms? Speak up now.....



We're rolling in the Subaru, unless Tman wants to pay for gas.
User avatar
Jarbo03
hunter
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: KANSAS

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Ghost pepper Louisiana caviar anyone???
http://www.cajuncaviar.com/
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56519
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Jarbo03 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:51 pm

T Man wrote:Woah! Deja vou, and the trip hasn't even started!

Image



is this a preview of us trying to get Mose back into the car after you two got into an argument? :thumbsup:
User avatar
Jarbo03
hunter
 
Posts: 3272
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: KANSAS

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby T Man » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:52 pm

Jarbo03 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:That reminds me Tman...
Is anyone renting a Prius to travel to Byers Farms? Speak up now.....



We're rolling in the Subaru, unless Tman wants to pay for gas.


I think we can leave the diesel here.
Botiz630 wrote:How much does an apostrophe cost down south? Must be quite a bit, based on how sparingly you use them.
User avatar
T Man
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 5650
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Everywhere the English language is being abused...

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Indaswamp wrote:Ghost pepper Louisiana caviar anyone???
http://www.cajuncaviar.com/

I'm willing to try it.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S4
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5066
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 pm

Hey if we need eggs, I can bring however many dozen farm fresh from work. They are a million times better than store bought.

Sent from my horse and buggy
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
User avatar
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder
 
Posts: 3636
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:56 pm
Location: Wishing I was near the magical place of sugar

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:08 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:Hey if we need eggs, I can bring however many dozen farm fresh from work. They are a million times better than store bought.

Sent from my horse and buggy

Indaswamp likes this
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56519
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby whisperin' duck » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:30 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:Hey if we need eggs, I can bring however many dozen farm fresh from work. They are a million times better than store bought.

Sent from my horse and buggy


If you bring sausage make sure it's pork!
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 6681
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:31 am

Fried twinkies or honey buns?
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12715
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby steve-o » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:04 pm

And chocolate covered hotdogs?
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby WTN10 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Fried Oreo balls...?
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
User avatar
WTN10
hunter
 
Posts: 14023
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 pm
Location: Western Tunisia

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby quacknstack6 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:33 pm

WTN10 wrote:Fried Oreo balls...?

Blasphemy!!!!
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
User avatar
quacknstack6
hunter
 
Posts: 6132
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:28 pm
Location: Lexington, Kentucky

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby ByersFarm » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:15 pm

WTN10 wrote:Fried Oreo balls...?

You may be on to something. I'm serious about the twinkies and honey buns.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
User avatar
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 12715
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 am
Location: Hunter, AR

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby t_baker » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:53 pm

We do Oreos at our fish fry at the FD. All you need is pancake batter with a little vanilla and sugar. Mouth watering.
User avatar
t_baker
hunter
 
Posts: 7474
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Harrod Ohio

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:39 pm

ByersFarm wrote:
WTN10 wrote:Fried Oreo balls...?

You may be on to something. I'm serious about the twinkies and honey buns.

I've never a fried twinkie or a fried honey bun, but both sound interesting.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56519
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:42 pm

I will be bringing an ice cream maker for the italian ice. It's a lime sorbet with a little dark rum and citric acid. but for those that do not like that sort of sorbet, anyone want something else? I have access to another ice cream maker and can make something else. fresh ripe Louisiana strawberries are in season right now...FWIW...
Any suggestions/requests?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56519
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby sprigs4days » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:07 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
ByersFarm wrote:
WTN10 wrote:Fried Oreo balls...?

You may be on to something. I'm serious about the twinkies and honey buns.

I've never a fried twinkie or a fried honey bun, but both sound interesting.

Had a deep fried twinkie at the fair last year. It was amazing.
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
User avatar
sprigs4days
hunter
 
Posts: 2982
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 am
Location: California

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby steve-o » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm bringing the twinkies and honey buns.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
User avatar
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am
Location: Arkansas

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby bighop » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:21 pm

steve-o wrote:I'm bringing the twinkies and honey buns.

I'll bring the Snickers.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
User avatar
bighop
Sugar Daddy
 
Posts: 6621
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:33 pm

There is no way I'm going to make it through this without puking! I had a few more crawfish, followed up with ice cream and ooey gooey cake, than I could handle tonight and had to take a break to come home and puke (this isn't the first time I've had to do this). My eyes overload my stomach sometimes and I end up eating way more than I should. With the amount of food being brought to Byers Farm, I might as well go ahead and buy me some clothes with elastic waste bands too.
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5748
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:34 pm

so nobody want ice cream? Butter Pecan? White chocolate strawberry??? Suggestions?
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56519
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:35 pm

La. Hunter wrote:There is no way I'm going to make it through this without puking! I had a few more crawfish, followed up with ice cream and ooey gooey cake, than I could handle tonight and had to take a break to come home and puke (this isn't the first time I've had to do this). My eyes overload my stomach sometimes and I end up eating way more than I should. With the amount of food being brought to Byers Farm, I might as well go ahead and buy me some clothes with elastic waste bands too.

Bring some running shoes to run around the pond.... :wink: :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56519
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:There is no way I'm going to make it through this without puking! I had a few more crawfish, followed up with ice cream and ooey gooey cake, than I could handle tonight and had to take a break to come home and puke (this isn't the first time I've had to do this). My eyes overload my stomach sometimes and I end up eating way more than I should. With the amount of food being brought to Byers Farm, I might as well go ahead and buy me some clothes with elastic waste bands too.

Bring some running shoes to run around the pond.... :wink: :lol3:


If I'm running, something's wrong so you better try to keep up!
User avatar
La. Hunter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 5748
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Northeast Louisiana

Re: Cannon and Byers' epic OOS'er feast

Postby Indaswamp » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:43 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
La. Hunter wrote:There is no way I'm going to make it through this without puking! I had a few more crawfish, followed up with ice cream and ooey gooey cake, than I could handle tonight and had to take a break to come home and puke (this isn't the first time I've had to do this). My eyes overload my stomach sometimes and I end up eating way more than I should. With the amount of food being brought to Byers Farm, I might as well go ahead and buy me some clothes with elastic waste bands too.

Bring some running shoes to run around the pond.... :wink: :lol3:


If I'm running, something's wrong so you better try to keep up!

:lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56519
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GomerPyle, Greenheadindy, lost in space, swampdonkey, WeRtheMillers and 38 guests