Kidney Stones

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: Kidney Stones

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:16 am

uglymug wrote:Your prayers would be appreciated DHC.
I woke up at 5:30 this morning with the worst abdominal pain I've ever experienced. I was rushed to the emergency room and was told I had kidney stones. One stone is in my bladder so I have a brief respite from that one. There's another making its way down and it hurts like nothing I've ever had before. Anyways I'm home now waiting for them to pass and any prayers/tips/funny stories about kidney stones to distract me would be appreciated. My mom has had kidney stones and given birth and she said having a kidney stones was like giving birth to a kid with golf cleats on.

I've felt your pain several times. Just don't get excited when you piss straight blood.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:58 pm

My first bout was a hell of a lot of fun. Got out of bed one morning, had a sharp pain in my lower back and I was on the floor. Wife thought I had a stroke or heart attack. She wanted to call 911 but I told her forget that and get me to the emergency room. No time for some silly ambulance. Made the 10 mile trip to the ER in what felt like 3 or 4 months. When I got there it was hilarious. There were three other guys lined up in beds all wailing and crying and kicking their legs and arms like a bunch of newborns. I made the fourth. Doc came in and said that he had had enough of this crap and gave us all a shot of something and knocked us out cold. Wife said we all slept like babes. Woke up with an IV stuck in the arm and was told to piss in a screen. Sure enough, after several swimming pools of red pee I passed it. About 8 pounds if I recall and it was covered with thorn bushes. :lol3:

Doc told me that if I ever even thought that I may be getting another stone to drink as much water as possible as soon as possible. Now every time I feel even the slightest little bit of discomfort I'm drinking water like a fish. So far, so good. If you've never had a good stone, you just don't know what your missing. :hammer:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby t_baker » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:02 pm

I've never had a UTI in my life but since I had this last stone I have had 2. Doc told me it's normal.
t_baker
hunter

Postby TomKat » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:27 am

Westtennduckhunter wrote:I'd suggest dilaudid. And lots of it.

X2.
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Tim Terrell » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:12 pm

HA. I went through 3 bags of dilaudid from one Friday night to Sunday AM before an emergency surgery for kidney stones/kidney stent. All those horror stories about the pain of kidney stones? Absolutely true. I missed most of the last duck season as a result.
--Tim
Tim Terrell
hunter

Postby The Confederate » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Had them for about 12 years now. First when I was 14 and I've got one right now on the way out. I tried apple cider vinegar to try and dissolve it in the kidney. I don't mind the taste of vinegar like most but it does taste better real cold. I don't know if Ive passed it yet but Ive stopped pissing blood and my kidney isn't hurting anymore. Passed one about the size of a jelly bean a few years ago. I took the whole water thing pretty serious after that one, it still hurt every time I took a leak for a week after that one. Prayers sent.
Mickey Mouse Club Prostaff
The Confederate
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:04 pm

Tim Terrell wrote:

HA. I went through 3 bags of dilaudid from one Friday night to Sunday AM before an emergency surgery for kidney stones/kidney stent. All those horror stories about the pain of kidney stones? Absolutely true. I missed most of the last duck season as a result.
--Tim

This settles it. I will pray for my enemies to get kidney stones instead of ass cancer.
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Kidney Stones

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:27 pm

Tim Terrell wrote:

--Tim

I missed 2 weeks of work. And I don't miss work.
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby TexasPuddleJumper » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 pm

sprigs4days wrote:
Tim Terrell wrote:

--Tim

This settles it. I will pray for my enemies to get kidney stones instead of ass cancer.

This settles it. You're evil.

Sent via smoke signal
I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it is ill advised...
TexasPuddleJumper
hunter

Postby danny6172 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:19 am

There are no ducks in AZ
danny6172
hunter

Postby razorback » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:21 am

My SIL passed one a couple weeks ago. 8mm, spent a week in the hospital afterwards. Apparently it did some real damage on the way out.
razorback
hunter

Postby Westtennduckhunter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:41 am

razorback wrote:My SIL passed one a couple weeks ago. 8mm, spent a week in the hospital afterwards. Apparently it did some real damage on the way out.

Ya that's .314". Ouch
teddysberna wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:Did you get his autograph?

I thought about getting him to sign my cleavage, but decided against it at the last moment.
Westtennduckhunter
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:43 am

danny6172 wrote:
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:26 am

I feel your pain. I had passed a couple over the years that must have been dust molecules compared to my last one about 6 months ago. It was about 1:00 am in the morning when I sat straight up in the bed and screamed like a little biotch. I grabbed my wife by the throat and ask her what the he!! she was doing to me. I thought she had stabbed me in the back with a hot knife. I honest to God thought she had tried to kill me in my sleep. I was looking for blood and trying to pull the knife out of my back all while being curled up in the fetal position on the floor. Then she just laughed and said you have another stone and from the looks of it, this is going to be a good one.
Four days and lots of blood later I finally delivered it. It was still tiny by most standards but it felt like a damn golf ball with nails in it. I honestly couldn’t imagine passing an 8mm stone. That would be like a near death experience.
Good luck Buddy
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:55 am

TexasPuddleJumper wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
Tim Terrell wrote:

--Tim

This settles it. You're evil.

Sent via smoke signal

I will pray for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby RustyGunz1960 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 am

One of my kidneys is a stone factory. I've lost count of how many I've had, a few painful beyond description. The first one was one of the worst and the nurse who cared for me stated that she's endured both childbirth and kidney stones and the babies were a cakewalk compared to the stones. After 25 years, three babies and a few poorly thought out reminders of that nurse's statement to my wife, she wants to track her down and rip her uterus out with her bare hands.
RustyGunz1960
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole