Dumb moves....

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Dumb moves....

Postby Max4Holly » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:13 pm

I had just gotten my wisdom teeth out the day before and was still hyped up on meds...my wife left me unsupervised for a few minutes and I got the shock collar , jokingly turned it to 7 high put it on her a$& and pretended to push the button. She was pissed I'd done it so to prove it was off I put it on my neck and pushed....it wasn't off...and damn am I glad I didn't push for real when it was on her.....needless to say my reaction ripped some stitches out and then the bloody mess occurred....

What are some stupid things y'all have done ....
Max4Holly
hunter

Re: Dumb moves....

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:18 pm

I was 12 and I lit a piece of Juicy Fruit gum on fire and when it got too close to my fingers, I figured that I would put it out in my mouth....
I singed my mouth almost shut......
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby quacknstack6 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:31 pm

Slack Tide wrote:I was 12 and I lit a piece of Juicy Fruit gum on fire and when it got too close to my fingers, I figured that I would put it out in my mouth....

And you wonder why New York wont let its residents own a pistol with a talent pool like this....
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:42 pm

quacknstack6 wrote:
Slack Tide wrote:I was 12 and I lit a piece of Juicy Fruit gum on fire and when it got too close to my fingers, I figured that I would put it out in my mouth....

And you wonder why New York wont let its residents own a pistol with a talent pool like this....

Hardy har.......
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Getting a divorce and then getting married again. :no:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:53 pm

I've had a few, that's for sure...........I would say most costly was buying a house before I knew for sure where I would work after college.......long story short lost 10k on it.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:14 pm

1)Flipped a golf cart trying to reenact Jackass.
2)Fought a drunk cajun.
3)Told a mouthy stripper something really mean. The bouncer BF didn't like it. :boxing:

Good times. :biggrin:
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby widuckhunter1 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 pm

Held a pop can upside down while i held a lighter wide open to fill it with the fumes and then sparked it after a few minutes when i was like 13. burnt the chit out of my thumb. last time i did that :hammer:
Born to hunt, forced to work.
widuckhunter1
hunter

Postby t_baker » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Signed up for every credit card offer I got in the mail when I turned 18. Then maxed them out. Took me 2 years to pay them off. Haven't had a credit card since. Dead presidents only for this fella. I know I learned my lesson, but don't wanna chance being a dumb ass again.
t_baker
hunter

Postby sprigpig1 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:18 am

Went to the public movie theater...

With a few buddy's to see a flick. Ordered a popcorn with extra butter and sat back to enjoy the movie and company. By the time the movie had started I had eaten about half of my popcorn when I ran across a really chewy piece that just wouldn't dissipate. So I spit it into my hand but could not tell in the dark theater what this foreign object was. So I excuse myself to the lobby only to find that I had been chewing on a used band-aid.

To my dismay, I walked over to the water fountain and washed my mouth out. Put a fresh Copenhagen in and requested to see the manager. I explained the dilemma and then he asked me if I would like some free movie passes ? Management at its finest ..

I won't eat popcorn to this day or order anything from the movie theater. This story still makes me sick to my stomach to this day.
"suppose you were an idiot; and suppose you were a member of congress, But I repeat myself".- Mark Twain

"Go to heaven for the climate , go to hell for the company".- Mark Twain
sprigpig1
Forum Moderator

Postby Duck_Stank » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:35 am

t_baker wrote:Dead presidents only for this fella.

I like that saying. I know of a few people that do this.
Master of Reality
Duck_Stank
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:46 am

Shot a roman candle at a tree and the fireball came back and hit me square in the eye. Had a giant red ring around my eye and didn't have any eyelashes for a while. I was 4th of july drunk at the time.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby MarkM » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:36 am

quacknstack6 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
possumfoot wrote:i cant remember who said it, but they said it best.. to a grown man, watching child birth is like a 9yo watching disney land burn to the ground..

Locked&Loaded wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:...metrosexual....

:lol3: I am!
MarkM
hunter

Postby CrazyDrake » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:48 am

Duck_Stank wrote:
t_baker wrote:Dead presidents only for this fella.

I like that saying. I know of a few people that do this.

For the record, Benjamin wasn't a president, not that you don't know that already, but there are a lot of dummies out there talking about "dead presidents" that don't!
CrazyDrake
hunter

Postby TheMiz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:51 am

Snuck onto a golf course with my buddies when were 16 (had my drivers licence for a about a week)....proceeded to pound a ton of vodka in the parking lot then stole a bunch of booze out of the unattended club house and attempted to play a round of golf...they caught us after the 2nd or 3rd hole and I didn't get to drive again for a while. Thank God they didn't call the cops, just our parents.
TheMiz
hunter

Dumb moves....

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:58 am

When I got my driver's license, it took less than 30 days before the state took it away...for the first time.
B Squad Captain
If do right, no can defense
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby t_baker » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:06 am

Botiz630 wrote:When I got my driver's license, it took less than 30 days before the state took it away...for the first time.

Jumped a bridge after you seen the "bridge out ahead" sign?
t_baker
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:06 am

Ate some acid.......all was going good before my dad came home unannounced and told me that he needed me to help him embalm a body....(for real)...... :no: :no:
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:15 am

Slack Tide wrote:Ate some acid.......all was going good before my dad came home unannounced and told me that he needed me to help him embalm a body....(for real)...... :no: :no:

OH. MY. DAMN. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby KRB » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:19 am

Slack Tide wrote:Ate some acid.......all was going good before my dad came home unannounced and told me that he needed me to help him embalm a body....(for real)...... :no: :no:

Could see how that would push you away from a career in embalming. :lol3:
KRB
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:35 am

I could write a book called DUMB MOVES and it'd be a good one.

My first duck boat:
I went hunting at Lake Shelbyville by Lithia Springs. It's a great place and there are so many coves and inlets you can actually get lost 1 mile from the boat launch. One day I'd limited out really quick by simply pulling into a cove that had about 300 mallards in it. They were way way in the back of the cove. I jumped them and quickly threw out a few decoys. Sat about 5 minutes and they came back. Practically landing on me and in the boat. It was surreal.

So the next day I figured I do it the right way and set decoys and build a blind.
I tossed out my decoys and went to hide the boat.

The banks are very steep and parking the boat was a real challenge so I tried ramming it up onto the bank. I was young and dumb...
I tried once and the boat slid back down. Tried again and it slid back again so the third time I was serious. Luckily I'd picked out a good tree to tie up to but when I rammed it up the third time it stayed. :yes:

UH OH...the back of the boat went underwater and then the boat started sliding back. (OH CRAP!)

So I quick tied to the tree and stood there watching my tool box float out into the lake and then sink.
After I regathered myself I started trying to unsink the boat. It was about halfway under. :mad:
I found that by pulling on the rope like a bow string I had enough strength to pull the boat up about two or three inches.
I'd gain 3", run to the tree and re-tie it. I'd lose two inches and gain one.
After doing this about 100 times I had it to where I could bail with my coffee cup.
It was a miserable day, no ducks were shot and I was completely exhausted and sick.

That's just ONE story of "stupid crap I've done".
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby TheMiz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:42 am

How about this guy? I saw this while I was looking for minivans for a friend of mine.

kcks.png
TheMiz
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:47 am

KRB wrote:

Could see how that would push you away from a career in embalming. :lol3:

And frying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:07 pm

I lit a basketball on fire. When it wouldn't go out, I kicked it. It stuck to the garage, which burnt down.

After being instructed to take the trash out with my little brother, we ripped a bag open on accident. The can lids from that nights green beans fell out. Because I was a ninja in training, I threw a lid like a ninja star. It stuck right in the side of my brothers head, and folded over. I guess it ended up touching his brain or something.

I'm known for not sitting with all four legs of a chair on the floor. I wound up falling over, shattering a window, and falling outside.

My father put a basement under our old farm house. During excavation, he found a huge stock of antique liquor bottles, coke bottles, and glass milk jars. I decided they would be good target practice, and shot them all with my BB gun.

I had my arse beat quite a few times as a child.

I can keep going, and going, and going.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 pm

I sometimes ask my wife how her day was at work :fingerhead:
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole