Spring Snow Goose Guides Colorado/Nebraska

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Spring Snow Goose Guides Colorado/Nebraska

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:35 am

Does anyone know any guides with availability left for guiding this Spring season? I'm in Ft. Collins Colorado and am watching geese everyday and its giving me the itch. Thanks!
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Re: Spring Snow Goose Guides Colorado/Nebraska

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:37 am

If a snow goose guide has open dates this time of year.... They arent a very good guide!! Stay away!!! Good guides are booked months in advance
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:41 am

thanks wilie, taking that into consideration. Might just get some grocery bags and coat hangers and try it myself. Atleast it will beat sitting in the hotel lol
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby sharris » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:51 am

I know one in eastern Nebraska that has openings but it seems like most of the birds are either north or south of him right now. He's just been shooting a few each day. I guess that could change at any time. If you want his contact info, PM me. While you are in Ft. Collins, make sure you go to Los Tarascos near College and Mulberry. They have awesome Mexican food.

Edit: I just talked with the guide and he said that big flocks are flying over right now and it is the tail end of the migration.
HR Annie Git Your Gun
Bird Retrieves for 2014-15 Season
Duck: 24
Dove: 4
Pheasant: 40
sharris
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:24 pm

sharris wrote:I know one in eastern Nebraska that has openings but it seems like most of the birds are either north or south of him right now. He's just been shooting a few each day. I guess that could change at any time. If you want his contact info, PM me. While you are in Ft. Collins, make sure you go to Los Tarascos near College and Mulberry. They have awesome Mexican food.

Edit: I just talked with the guide and he said that big flocks are flying over right now and it is the tail end of the migration.

i'm gonna call bull.. i just got back from the pit and there were geese in the decoys when i got there and birds flying over while i was picking up.. now they could be in SD tomorrow, but they have a long way to go to get there.
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby sharris » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Eastern Nebraska is a big place so its not unlikely that you are having a different experience than someone else. I was just passing on the info that was given to me, which was big flocks were flying over him today.
HR Annie Git Your Gun
sharris
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:12 pm

sharris wrote:Eastern Nebraska is a big place so its not unlikely that you are having a different experience than someone else.

yea it is.. only problem is, i'm in Tn.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby sharris » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:31 pm

You are 800-1000 miles away from him and saying the governmental numbers reporting how many birds are staging in his area (that is how he monitors where the migration is) is wrong???
HR Annie Git Your Gun
sharris
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:34 pm

sharris wrote:You are 800-1000 miles away from him and saying the governmental numbers reporting how many birds are staging in his area (that is how he monitors where the migration is) is wrong???

nope.. saying its the tail end is wrong

possumfoot
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:42 pm

sharris wrote:I know one in eastern Nebraska that has openings but it seems like most of the birds are either north or south of him right now. He's just been shooting a few each day. I guess that could change at any time. If you want his contact info, PM me. While you are in Ft. Collins, make sure you go to Los Tarascos near College and Mulberry. They have awesome Mexican food.

Thanks Harris, just ate there tonight and had the burrito colorado.. Great food!
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:44 pm

Went out east last weekend and didn't even see a snow. I'd look at Last Pass for next spring but our snows are long gone
duckman27
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:08 am

duckman27 wrote:Went out east last weekend and didn't even see a snow. I'd look at Last Pass for next spring but our snows are long gone

Duck man I'm in Collins now just north of you. Still seeing groups every evening
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:07 am

I'm in Fort Collins. You're seeing snows?
duckman27
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:54 pm

Yes I am. Just east of I-25 off of Mulberry. Every day at about 4:00 pm'ish
wanapasaki
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:59 pm

I was in southern North Dakota today and them sumbitches were flying south. Dummies.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 pm

lol, some sort of storm is coming in from the north today. Supposed to bring some more snow. I see the Canada's here, threw in the towel for the whole migration thing and established permanent residence. :grooving:
wanapasaki
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole