Duck Hunting Forum banner

NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

235K views 3K replies 2K participants last post by  BearRiverBanded 
#1 ·
I know there's a lot of new people logging on, feel free to post up and tell us a bit about yourself.

:welcome:

#2 ·
Yeah good idea... Like how long you have been hunting, where you hunt them, how you hunt them ducks(fields, sloughs, timber, rice, etc), dog, type of decoys, guns, calls, hunting buddies, boat, vehicle, memberships to conservation orgs, etc, etc... the sky is the limit :thumbsup:

For an example example I'll do my intro for ya all.
My name is Alan and I have been hunting waterfowl since age 9, which is 36 years of hunting now. I hunt MN and MB and occasionally SD, and have also hunted ND and SK. I hunt both ducks and geese, and both field and water for them both. And I hunt both puddle (sloughs)and divers(lakes), and both CA and S&Bs. I got a GR named Casey who is 9 years old now. I shoot a Win SX2 and use G&H smags for the ducks and Bigfoots for CA geese and custom socks for S&Bs. I drive a Chevy S-10 4x4 which hauls my 14' boat and 25hp motor or the 5x8 enclosed trailer for field hunting. I am an active member of Delta Waterfowl, DU US, DU CA, and MNWA being I have been on their local coommittees for the last 10+ years (except DU CA).

Well, there you go, so now do not be bashful, post up an intro-even the guys that have been here a while should do so so we can get to know one another a bit better. :smile:

#3 ·
My name is Duncan. I am from Oklahoma. I hunt all over the state and plan to make a trip to North Dakota this year to duck hunt and South Dakota to pheasant hunt. I did shoot a Remington 870 Express Supermagnum, and just bought a Winchester Super X2 Super Mag. My retriever is my set of cabelas ultimate waders. I moderate the gear, shotgun, target shooting, and oklahoma flyway forum.

#4 ·
Well I'm one of the longest members here, but I'll reintroduce myself.

My name (what a shocker by the screen name) is Chris Hustad, and I currently reside in Bismarck, ND. I've lived in ND my whole life and God help me if I ever leave. I've been hunting since I can remember, and I'm currently 26 years young. I hunt waterfowl around 40 days/year, and I have a VERY understanding wife. I'm mostly a goose hunter by heart, and I normally hunt snows/blues or Canadas.

I'm a diehard decoyer, and if it doesn't decoy I may not hunt. :)

Welcome.

#5 ·
Just joined today. Stumbled on this site while in search of info & advice. I live in Murfreesboro, TN and have just gotten serious about waterfowl hunting over the last couple of years. Before that I was into big game & upland birds. Have all the equipment in the world, just bought a new BPS 10 in February. I used to belong to a a bowhunting site that seems similar to this one and it was a great resource for information. I'm hoping this one will provide the same for my new passion.

#6 ·
Here it is.... Stay on the west side, Seattle area. Been here for 4 years then moving on. Try to hunt the home state of Iowa every year when time or deployments permit. Hunt everything that walks crawls or flies. Always looking for new partners to shoot with in the off season and hunt with during the season.

#7 ·
Hi my name is Jim Wenzbauer. I live and hunt in southeast Nebraska. I hunt mostly ducks but like to shoot geese as well. This coming season will be my 20th year of duck hunting.
:thumbsup:

I would like to get out of Nebraska and do some duck hunting. If anyone has some info on public or private ground in ND or SD let me know. :salude:

#8 ·
Jeepman:-) said:
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Does that include duck hunting? :toofunny:

Sounds like maybe you are with an Engineers Battalion ....

#10 ·
ok my name is shane I stared huntin ducks when I was 9 and have just started to get in to goose hunting I shoot a Benilli Nova with 3-3 1/2 wichesters I'm thinking about switchin to tungston though that is if I can afford it. I have a Chocolate Lab that is 2 years old. I am in the process of getin a moter for my boat an 16 ft. semi-v bottom. I hunt in south east Kansas I mainly hunt lakes and the occasional marsh. I also do a lot of jump shoting. I hunt primarly with my dad. I drive a chevy saburban 4x4.

#13 ·
Posting up for the new year :yes:

My name is Bryan. I live in NW AR and have a very understanding wife. sevral childern, (four of wich were in a blind with me on one of my better hunts last year). I have a chocolate lab which was trained as an upland bird dog but is a natural in a blind. I have two boats .... I should say one flatbottom, as understanding as my wife is she will not let me camo the family ski :help: . Needless to say I don't use it often.

I hunt the rivers in AR and OK mostly. I jump hunt when I am short on time. Have a large need to hunt in Wyoming again. Hunted ducks up there in the 90's and it was great.

bring'em down

#14 ·
Ok, I'll jump in here. Hello, my name is Dave, and I'm a Duckaholic

("hello dave")

I have been hooked on duck hunting my hole life. Started going to the blind with my Dad when I was 5. Killed my first duck when I was 7. That was 32 years ago. Have not missed a season since. I hunt all over Arkansas, and Oklahoma, from the rivers to flooded fields to flooded timber. Also have hunted ND, KS. TX, & LA. "Have gun will travel."

I'm married, have 2 boys (6 & 2), and a yellow lab, HR Captain Rhett of Stuttgart.

My wife's favorite comment about me is, "He's a pretty good husband till duck season rolls around, then he's not worth a S***." :mrgreen:

#15 ·
1968, right out of Vietnam. Almost froze to death. whent from 100 to 30 degrees in 2 weeks.... Have hunted in Ohio home state Arkansas and North Dakota.... Love ND and its people !!!!! Will be back this year, the lord willing. I shoot a Beretta 686 and use Chessies for dogs. Will have pups for sale in early Sept. Here in Ohio I work in a marsh to support my habit, ducks and hunting.....

#19 ·
InTheDecoys, I agree. I feel like I'm getting in on the ground floor of what's going to be a big waterfowl site.

#20 ·
Howdy :getdown: , My name is Ty i live in northern IN, some say im obsessed with duck/goose hunting i think i like goose (canada) most but ducks are fun to. We really have a lot of geese around here and the farmers hate them so i hunt in the cow pasture with a pond and the cows make great decoys. :thumbsup: I like to hunt in ND cause the people are so friendly (ducks or no ducks) I found this site thru Nodakoutdoors. I have to say the only kind of hunter i cant stand is a sky buster :withstupid:

#21 ·
Just found this site a couple of days ago through the Avery website...thanks Mallyard. This is a great looking site that I will surely pass on to my buddies. Anyway, I'm 32 years old, from Missouri and have hunted ducks (and geese) since I was 6 years old. I've hunted some great places the last several years but nothing beats "gettin' em" close to home. I've made a lot of friends and memories in the blind but my biggest thrill to date was taking my 5 year old son Lane on his first dove hunt last September. With my job, I get to travel around to waterfowl and outdoor shows alot...so, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you'll on the road. Again, congratulations on a great site!

Christian Curtis

#22 ·
Hi I am new here as well.

My name is Brett Neffendorf, I am 17 years old and going into my senior year of high school. I am a football player (QB) and baseball player (P,1st) . I am currently just moving to Bend, OR (central , OR area) and am leaving some great duck and goose hunting behind me. I am having to move because of my dads job which is going to be in Central OR. Currently I dont know of a whole lot of duck and goose hunting in Bend, OR but hopefully I can find some.

This past season I shot around 60ish ducks+geese. I currently use a browning BPS and blow Double G goose calls and Echo Duck calls.

Here is a link to some of my hunting picutres from past hunts.

http://www.hunt101.com/showgallery.php? ... 48&cat=500

#24 ·
Hi all,

My name is Leonidas Mitsialis, I live in Athens Greece, 35 years old, father of 2 boys (4 & 2). I 've been hunting waterfowl for 3 years, before that it was mostly small upland game for me, but now the marsh gets my full attention. Next week there'll be a new addition to the family, a 9 weeks old English Springer Spaniel, which I hope I can turn into a great water dog.

By the way, great site. If any one has any Greek friends, send them to our site as well, www.e-artemis.gr.

Falco

#25 ·
Hey guys....my names Joe. I live in southwest Michigan and I'm 15. I do a lot of goose hunting and haven't done a whole lot of duck hunting at all. Want to get into it more, just don't seem to have all of the great places to go. I do most all of my hunting with my dad. We have a 98' Chevy pickup that gets stuck no matter where you go. Definetly need to get a 4x4 next time. We both shoot Mossberg 500s. Nothin too fancy, but it gets the job done. We hunt over a bunch of silo's and shells.....haven't broken down and gotten into the fb's yet. We don't use any fnacy calls....just some flutes and a call.

Hope to get into some good conversations with you guys and learn a lot of stuff.

#26 ·
Howdy, Im the Fatweed. Ill explain the name later, but for short its what my little girl says i look like in camo.... hehehe Im 55, got kids from 10 to 30...five of em... some hunt,,some dont... anyway... ive been huntin since i could walk... and sometimes now it seems i can just barely walk..specially after tryin to walk all day in mud.... hehehe. I hunt everything there is to hunt around here... Kansas Now. Ive lived in Colorado, (Elk, Deer) and Nevada, (Geese, Ducks), Yeah believe it or not if ya can find water in the desert, theres some waterfowl huntin...hehehe
I grew up in Kansas, and am back now, been here three years...for shootin..??? wellllllll Since I lost my best huntin partner last spring (Dad), ive got his old Model 12... fine gun... birdseye maple... and had a bazillion shells shot thru it..... still works too.... ya couldnt haul off in a freight train all the birds that gun has shot... most offem legal too....hehehe, Dad usta say...just lay that gun on the hood...and it will get birds.....hehehe. Its basically gonna be retired tho.... ill use it dove huntin and shoot a few just for old times sake and dad.....otherwise... ill just keep the rust off it.... For the serious stuff, ive got a browning BPS 3.5 camo 12.... I can hit better than my kid with it...hehehe hes a little slightly faster with his Benelli 3.5 auto... but he only puts more steel in the air,,,, I think my steel is a little better placed maybe..??? LOL...im sure ill hear about that from him...hehehe. Maybe id like one of them benellis..??? dunno.... just cant picture John Wayne a shootin with an italian gun... heheh Noooooo,,,I know they make fine guns... its just dunno.... guess i like tradition...ya know..??? Funny,,,, i think ya get that way when ur older.... heheh its either that...??? or stubborn..???? As for huntin here in kansas...?? Yeah it can be good... its not like the old days tho... sure,,it seems there is more game in some ways..??? but not game ya can shoot at... Used to be in the old days... ya found game,,, asked if ya could hunt and that was it....nope not anymore.....too many people have ruined a good thing...anymore ya almost either gotta marry into good huntin..... or be able to afford to buy it..???? or go the public hunting route.... Nothing is wrong with any of them mind you,,,, its just not as easy as it used to be.... Nope...hehehe i dont have alotta money.... so its the old fashioned way....that i hafta earn the right to hunt some places..... and No,,,im not much willin to share those places with just anyone... I will share,,, but like i had too....ya gotta earn it... Get my drift??? So...for some ya novices out here... one place to kinda be leary of is the net huntin... last year...i was talkin it up on the net,,,,,next thing ya knew i was blown outta my spot.... so ive learned to keep my mouth shut.... hehehe... wrong.... LOL...ill probably blow it all again... LOL... or if ya hear me a braggin up my honey hole here... hehehee uhhhhhhh think twice... i might be lyin to ya.... hehehe...well unless i know yah.... hehehe... anyway....im just pullin ur chain a little....hope ya dont mind.... *S*..Keep it safe boys and girls...and play nice.... *S*
P.S. about forgot the huntin rig... LOL.. got an old 2x4 73 chevy pickup... all rusted out... call it uncle woody..she smokes some, uses some oil,,,and dont get very good gas mileage, but we aint in no hurry usually LOL... but it holds three of us....Im buildin a new engine for her when i get the shed done... got an engine all picked out to rebuild too, my dads old chevy my brother has,,said i could have it since he got dads newer old buick...LOL
Momma wont let us use her blazer...or the jeep.... long story.... And my sons only gotta newer s-10.... cant haul nuthin in that..either..??? so we use uncle woody.. its gotta rack on it..can either put the boat on top...or the canoe... holds lotta decoys...and dont mind a runnin it thru the brush either... it just polishes the rust....hehehe...if we get it stuck.... which, we havent... (I learned how..and where to drive alonggggggggg time ago.... LOL) if stuck then can push pull or drag it out with about anything.. dozer,,,tractor... whatever ya got... LOL.. dunno... heheh guess i could afford maybe a new big 4x4 diesel rig... even had one awhile back... but theres just sumpin about that old pickup,,,and the musty damp wet smell of them seats and interior that just says and smells huntin..... hehehe so ill stick with uncle woody.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.