NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:00 pm

I know there's a lot of new people logging on, feel free to post up and tell us a bit about yourself.

:welcome:
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:51 pm

Yeah good idea... Like how long you have been hunting, where you hunt them, how you hunt them ducks(fields, sloughs, timber, rice, etc), dog, type of decoys, guns, calls, hunting buddies, boat, vehicle, memberships to conservation orgs, etc, etc... the sky is the limit :thumbsup:

For an example example I'll do my intro for ya all.
My name is Alan and I have been hunting waterfowl since age 9, which is 36 years of hunting now. I hunt MN and MB and occasionally SD, and have also hunted ND and SK. I hunt both ducks and geese, and both field and water for them both. And I hunt both puddle (sloughs)and divers(lakes), and both CA and S&Bs. I got a GR named Casey who is 9 years old now. I shoot a Win SX2 and use G&H smags for the ducks and Bigfoots for CA geese and custom socks for S&Bs. I drive a Chevy S-10 4x4 which hauls my 14' boat and 25hp motor or the 5x8 enclosed trailer for field hunting. I am an active member of Delta Waterfowl, DU US, DU CA, and MNWA being I have been on their local coommittees for the last 10+ years (except DU CA).

Well, there you go, so now do not be bashful, post up an intro-even the guys that have been here a while should do so so we can get to know one another a bit better. :smile:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby puddlerjumper » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:20 pm

My name is Duncan. I am from Oklahoma. I hunt all over the state and plan to make a trip to North Dakota this year to duck hunt and South Dakota to pheasant hunt. I did shoot a Remington 870 Express Supermagnum, and just bought a Winchester Super X2 Super Mag. My retriever is my set of cabelas ultimate waders. I moderate the gear, shotgun, target shooting, and oklahoma flyway forum.
Last edited by puddlerjumper on Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Chris_Hustad » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:33 am

Well I'm one of the longest members here, but I'll reintroduce myself.

My name (what a shocker by the screen name) is Chris Hustad, and I currently reside in Bismarck, ND. I've lived in ND my whole life and God help me if I ever leave. I've been hunting since I can remember, and I'm currently 26 years young. I hunt waterfowl around 40 days/year, and I have a VERY understanding wife. I'm mostly a goose hunter by heart, and I normally hunt snows/blues or Canadas.

I'm a diehard decoyer, and if it doesn't decoy I may not hunt. :)

Welcome.
Chris_Hustad
Site Admin

Postby SteveInTN » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:04 pm

Just joined today. Stumbled on this site while in search of info & advice. I live in Murfreesboro, TN and have just gotten serious about waterfowl hunting over the last couple of years. Before that I was into big game & upland birds. Have all the equipment in the world, just bought a new BPS 10 in February. I used to belong to a a bowhunting site that seems similar to this one and it was a great resource for information. I'm hoping this one will provide the same for my new passion.
SteveInTN
hunter

Postby Jeepman:-) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:38 pm

Here it is.... Stay on the west side, Seattle area. Been here for 4 years then moving on. Try to hunt the home state of Iowa every year when time or deployments permit. Hunt everything that walks crawls or flies. Always looking for new partners to shoot with in the off season and hunt with during the season.
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!
Jeepman:-)
hunter

Postby gotduck68415 » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:53 am

Hi my name is Jim Wenzbauer. I live and hunt in southeast Nebraska. I hunt mostly ducks but like to shoot geese as well. This coming season will be my 20th year of duck hunting.
:thumbsup:

I would like to get out of Nebraska and do some duck hunting. If anyone has some info on public or private ground in ND or SD let me know. :salude:
Dont shoot where they have been, shoot where they are going.
gotduck68415
Forum & State Moderator

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:17 pm

Jeepman:-) wrote: There is no problem that cannot be solved with the proper application of HIGH EXPLOSIVES!

Does that include duck hunting? :toofunny:

Sounds like maybe you are with an Engineers Battalion ....
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:22 pm

My name is Matt and I hunted ducks since i was 12 and I still love it. I have a yellow lab named molly. I always go duck hunting whenever I have the chance. I live in South Dakota so we don't run out of ducks here.
mallardhunter
hunter

New Members Post Up!

Postby Duckhunter16 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:06 pm

ok my name is shane I stared huntin ducks when I was 9 and have just started to get in to goose hunting I shoot a Benilli Nova with 3-3 1/2 wichesters I'm thinking about switchin to tungston though that is if I can afford it. I have a Chocolate Lab that is 2 years old. I am in the process of getin a moter for my boat an 16 ft. semi-v bottom. I hunt in south east Kansas I mainly hunt lakes and the occasional marsh. I also do a lot of jump shoting. I hunt primarly with my dad. I drive a chevy saburban 4x4.
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby pj » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:03 pm

Just got here! Looking around, looks chill. :getdown:
For every tear a smile.
pj
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:46 pm

Welcome aboard all!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :welcome:
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rivrduk » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:51 pm

Posting up for the new year :yes:

My name is Bryan. I live in NW AR and have a very understanding wife. sevral childern, (four of wich were in a blind with me on one of my better hunts last year). I have a chocolate lab which was trained as an upland bird dog but is a natural in a blind. I have two boats .... I should say one flatbottom, as understanding as my wife is she will not let me camo the family ski :help: . Needless to say I don't use it often.

I hunt the rivers in AR and OK mostly. I jump hunt when I am short on time. Have a large need to hunt in Wyoming again. Hunted ducks up there in the 90's and it was great.

bring'em down
rivrduk
hunter

Postby westark » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:57 am

Ok, I'll jump in here. Hello, my name is Dave, and I'm a Duckaholic

("hello dave")

I have been hooked on duck hunting my hole life. Started going to the blind with my Dad when I was 5. Killed my first duck when I was 7. That was 32 years ago. Have not missed a season since. I hunt all over Arkansas, and Oklahoma, from the rivers to flooded fields to flooded timber. Also have hunted ND, KS. TX, & LA. "Have gun will travel."

I'm married, have 2 boys (6 & 2), and a yellow lab, HR Captain Rhett of Stuttgart.

My wife's favorite comment about me is, "He's a pretty good husband till duck season rolls around, then he's not worth a S***." :mrgreen:
westark
hunter

Postby punter » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:39 pm

1968, right out of Vietnam. Almost froze to death. whent from 100 to 30 degrees in 2 weeks.... Have hunted in Ohio home state Arkansas and North Dakota.... Love ND and its people !!!!! Will be back this year, the lord willing. I shoot a Beretta 686 and use Chessies for dogs. Will have pups for sale in early Sept. Here in Ohio I work in a marsh to support my habit, ducks and hunting.....
punter
hunter

Postby TalkinLikeaSuzie » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:01 am

I just joined up today. I am 35 years old and I am married with two little girls. I have been hunting all of my life. I live in Alabama but do all of my hunting in Arkansas.
TalkinLikeaSuzie
Newb

Postby westark » Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:51 am

TalkinLikeaSuzie

:welcome:

Where in Arkansas do you hunt?
westark
hunter

Postby InTheDecoys » Thu Jun 24, 2004 7:30 pm

I am new. Looks like a great site. Looking forward to joining in the conversation. :tounge: :thumbsup:
InTheDecoys.... Take em
InTheDecoys
hunter

Postby westark » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:48 am

InTheDecoys, I agree. I feel like I'm getting in on the ground floor of what's going to be a big waterfowl site.
"Well boy, leading a duck involves tragectory....which is hard to explain. But just wait till you miss a few and you'll have a better understanding of the word."
westark
hunter

Postby hoosier dhr » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:46 pm

Howdy :getdown: , My name is Ty i live in northern IN, some say im obsessed with duck/goose hunting i think i like goose (canada) most but ducks are fun to. We really have a lot of geese around here and the farmers hate them so i hunt in the cow pasture with a pond and the cows make great decoys. :thumbsup: I like to hunt in ND cause the people are so friendly (ducks or no ducks) I found this site thru Nodakoutdoors. I have to say the only kind of hunter i cant stand is a sky buster :withstupid:
leave it better than you found it!!!
Go Canes
hoosier dhr
hunter

Postby Christian Curtis » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:24 am

Just found this site a couple of days ago through the Avery website...thanks Mallyard. This is a great looking site that I will surely pass on to my buddies. Anyway, I'm 32 years old, from Missouri and have hunted ducks (and geese) since I was 6 years old. I've hunted some great places the last several years but nothing beats "gettin' em" close to home. I've made a lot of friends and memories in the blind but my biggest thrill to date was taking my 5 year old son Lane on his first dove hunt last September. With my job, I get to travel around to waterfowl and outdoor shows alot...so, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you'll on the road. Again, congratulations on a great site!

Christian Curtis
Christian Curtis
hunter

NEW HERE

Postby Brett Neffendorf » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:58 pm

Hi I am new here as well.

My name is Brett Neffendorf, I am 17 years old and going into my senior year of high school. I am a football player (QB) and baseball player (P,1st) . I am currently just moving to Bend, OR (central , OR area) and am leaving some great duck and goose hunting behind me. I am having to move because of my dads job which is going to be in Central OR. Currently I dont know of a whole lot of duck and goose hunting in Bend, OR but hopefully I can find some.

This past season I shot around 60ish ducks+geese. I currently use a browning BPS and blow Double G goose calls and Echo Duck calls.

Here is a link to some of my hunting picutres from past hunts.

http://www.hunt101.com/showgallery.php? ... 48&cat=500
"Cant complain about a hunt like that."
Brett Neffendorf
Newb

Postby TalkinLikeaSuzie » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:53 am

WestArk,

I have a place in Dewitt and hunt around Marvell, Holly Grove, and Stuttgart.

TalkinLikeaSuzie
Avery Regional Pro-staff
TalkinLikeaSuzie
Newb

about myself

Postby falco » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:24 am

Hi all,

My name is Leonidas Mitsialis, I live in Athens Greece, 35 years old, father of 2 boys (4 & 2). I 've been hunting waterfowl for 3 years, before that it was mostly small upland game for me, but now the marsh gets my full attention. Next week there'll be a new addition to the family, a 9 weeks old English Springer Spaniel, which I hope I can turn into a great water dog.

By the way, great site. If any one has any Greek friends, send them to our site as well, www.e-artemis.gr.

Falco
falco
hunter

Postby HonkShooter » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:18 pm

Hey guys....my names Joe. I live in southwest Michigan and I'm 15. I do a lot of goose hunting and haven't done a whole lot of duck hunting at all. Want to get into it more, just don't seem to have all of the great places to go. I do most all of my hunting with my dad. We have a 98' Chevy pickup that gets stuck no matter where you go. Definetly need to get a 4x4 next time. We both shoot Mossberg 500s. Nothin too fancy, but it gets the job done. We hunt over a bunch of silo's and shells.....haven't broken down and gotten into the fb's yet. We don't use any fnacy calls....just some flutes and a call.

Hope to get into some good conversations with you guys and learn a lot of stuff.
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole