NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Postby Uncle-J » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:34 am

^^. There's Swamps in Canada?? ^^
Uncle-J
DHC Sponsor

Re: NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Postby buckshotweeks » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:39 am

hi my mame is chase weeks i have been hunting for 9 years and counting i have 2 great hunting parnener named bill hackney and steve womble
buckshotweeks
Newb

Postby cnolan5 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:50 am

Hello all. I really got started 3 years ago and get more and more hooked each year. I hunt in south Louisiana and am blessed to be just a short drive from many great locations across the Mississippi flyway.
cnolan5
Newb

TV Project Looking for Real Hunters to Catch Poachers

Postby catchapoacher » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Are you a hunter who wants to put an end to illegal poaching? Or, someone associated with hunting that passionately dislikes poachers? Then, we have the project for you. Prominent TV Production Company is currently casting real hunters and experts to catch poachers. We're looking for people with BIG personalities who would love to stop poachers once and for all. If you're interested or know someone who would be great for this show, please email us at catchapoacher@gmail.com
catchapoacher
Newb

Postby Shane Wood » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Howdy!

I am a fifth generation duck hunter, born and raised in Okla. Though I come from a long line of hunters, I'm just now getting into it, long story short when I was finally old enough to go hunt my dad's best friend, brother-in-law, hunting partner moved and dad didn't want to go without him. Fast forward many years, dad passed away, his hunting partner (my uncle) moved back and is teaching me and my cousins how to follow family tradition! Yahoo!!!

I have a Winchester 1400 MKII 12 gauge, Cabela's waders, a few dozen decoys (between the group of us), and a Buck Gardiner call. Hoping to learn a lot and carry on the family tradition of killing them quackers!

:bow:
Shane Wood
Newb

Postby banksandblinds » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 pm

My name is Jeff Fish I live in good old southern Illinois. I love to hunt ducks but can't refuse a good goose hunt and love to extend my season by shooting the snows. I have been waterfowl hunting since 1998 and love everything about it. I am pro staff for Real Calls and I recently started my own little website to post some of my hunting videos. Banks and blinds.com is just my little hobby I love to share my pics and videos with everyone. Our season is about half over for the year and ducks are few and far between for us. This year is tough as my best hunting buddy ( my father in law) suffered ruptured brain aneurysm 3 days after thanksgiving and has been in the hospital since. Not sure of his future hunting for me is tuff but I know he would want me to continue hunting . I have 3 sons that love to hunt with me and 2 are old enough to duck hunt with me. My oldest son did get his first duck this thanksgiving morning that was our last with my father in law .
banksandblinds
Newb

Postby swampbuck65 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 am

New member from SE Georgia. 25 yrs old.. I'm a wildland firefighter/ forest ranger. I love to hunt ducks in the swamps here in the south but have been expanding into some other hunting near the coast. I have some land and opportunities for trade if anyone is interested hit me up. Thanks
swampbuck65
Newb

Postby steve-o » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 pm

welcome to all you new guys. have fun.
ByersFarm wrote:Remember that God will not test us beyond what we can handle.

Botiz630 wrote:I'm as tame as a show pony.
steve-o
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Fendertwin07 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Just posting this to introduce myself (yes the noob) to you guys. I have been avid in waterfowl hunting for the last 2 years (Noob) and really have fallen in love with a sport that is as rich in our history as it is in personal satisfaction. I am originally from the DFW Area of Texas and Relocated to Caprock Canyons SP in the TX Panhandle. Like I mentioned earlier I am Die-Hard for waterfowl hunting and I registered on here to see what I can learn. Feel free to Bash, Heckle, Encourage or Comment on this post. LOL
Fendertwin07
hunter

Postby charlie beard » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:35 pm

:welcome:
Lots of info on here if you ask for it. :thumbsup:
"If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara desert,
in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand"
charlie beard
hunter

Postby mox » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:40 pm

charlie beard wrote::welcome:
Lots of info on here if you ask for it. :thumbsup:

x2.
Wade through the thick stuff to find the info you need. Cause its thick...
C M ducks?
M R not ducks.
O S M R 2 Ducks!
L I B, M R ducks.
---------------------
mox
hunter

Postby bashepard@gmail.com » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 pm

Brian here. I'm from Mobile, Al. I would like to make what's left of this season my second season shooting at ducks. Trying to get some friends interested in going, but no one really knows what to do. Hoping to get some good advise and info from this forum.
There are lots of fish in the sea. It's a shame most of them look like grouper.
bashepard@gmail.com
Newb

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:38 pm

bashepard@gmail.com wrote:Brian here. I'm from Mobile, Al. I would like to make what's left of this season my second season shooting at ducks. Trying to get some friends interested in going, but no one really knows what to do. Hoping to get some good advise and info from this forum.

bad idea to put your email as your login I.D.; You will get bombarded with spam.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby bluesclues » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:26 am

My name is Steve and I am from Southern Ontario. I have been waterfowl hunting for the last 4 years. I was originally introduced to puddler hunting and loved it but, a couple years ago I started diver hunting lake Ontario and now divers have become my mainstay. Great site, I have learned a lot here.
bluesclues
hunter

Postby soldier_twiggy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Hey my name's Paul. I've been waterfowl hunting (off and on) for 15 years. I used to only miss seasons for Iraq, but the past couple years money has also been an issue too (college is expensive!). Also, mid Missouri doesn't have much in the way of water, so ducks are hard to come by at times.
soldier_twiggy
hunter

Postby ringneckslayer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:38 am

soldier_twiggy wrote:Hey my name's Paul. I've been waterfowl hunting (off and on) for 15 years. I used to only miss seasons for Iraq, but the past couple years money has also been an issue too (college is expensive!). Also, mid Missouri doesn't have much in the way of water, so ducks are hard to come by at times.

Hey Paul, I'm currently I'm Afhghanistan but next year if you want to drive town to tn, or meet in west ky, you have a spot in my boat/blind!
ringneckslayer
hunter

Postby sdm111 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:03 am

Hello all found yall site and decided to join. Name is Nick I live in S.E. Louisiana about 1/4mi. from the Big Branch National Wildlife Refuge. Been duck hunting the marsh off and on for around 20yrs. now. Really got back into it a few yrs. ago. Merry Christmas and stay safe, Nick
sdm111
hunter

Postby miles7787 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:52 pm

My name is Miles and I live and hunt on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. I love to hunt deer, duck, goose, and dove. For ducks we hunt over impalements and hunt for geese over ponds and field. I have a GoPro and have started filming my hunts this year and its pretty cool. Check out my YouTube channel to see my videos!!!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFZpN4X ... rid&view=0
miles7787
hunter

Postby Catchin Zs » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:31 pm

How's it going guys? I'm Will and I am in Wilmington, NC. I like to hunt deer, ducks, and soon to be predators. Just starting out on the ducks! I'm sure I will find lots of helpful advice here.
Catchin Zs
hunter

Re: Re: NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Postby soldier_twiggy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:22 am

ringneckslayer wrote:
soldier_twiggy wrote:Hey my name's Paul. I've been waterfowl hunting (off and on) for 15 years. I used to only miss seasons for Iraq, but the past couple years money has also been an issue too (college is expensive!). Also, mid Missouri doesn't have much in the way of water, so ducks are hard to come by at times.

Hey Paul, I'm currently I'm Afhghanistan but next year if you want to drive town to tn, or meet in west ky, you have a spot in my boat/blind!

Thanks brother! That's a very generous offer! I wish you the best...keep your head down.

sent from my fancy phone-a-ma-jig.
soldier_twiggy
hunter

Postby Puppy-eyes2583 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:38 am

Hi my name's Donna and I'm from South Texas. I've fished since I was 5 and have always loved the outdoors but I'm now looking to get into duck hunting and hunting in general. I have friends that hunt and I would really love to join in as a part of the group. I guess you could say I'm new to hunting but I've been on dove/duck and rabbit hunts, but mostly as an observer. I would love to learn how to hunt from experienced hunters. I'm very eager and excited to add "hunting" to the list of things I love to do outdoors besides fishing! :). Any advice on how to begin my new adventure...I'm all ears! :)
Puppy-eyes2583
Newb

Postby sdm111 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:43 am

get a lab
sdm111
hunter

Postby jbutler002 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:19 am

Hi my name is Jim and I am a waterfowl addict! I've been waterfowl hunting for 17 years. My addiction started when I bought a couple of labs on my way to my last duty station while serving in the United States Navy, Va Beach, Va. I'm now retired from the Navy and live in southeast Missouri. I have two labs and a chessie, been through countless shotguns, have close to 300 dekes, waterfowl clothes and the all the rest of the gear. I've been to Canada several times and hunted the surrounding states also. My wife is very understanding with my sickness and knows it's alot better me hunting then barhopping.
jbutler002
hunter

Postby Joe.358win » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:32 am

Hi,my name is Joe,I live in Melbourne Australia.I enjoy deer and duck hunting,coach my daughters basketball team,and enjoy riding trailbikes.I have been hunting now for about 16 years,although I tend to find it hard to get out,having 5 kids and a non hunting wife means that my weekends are often spent at basketball with thee kids and earning browny points.
Joe.358win
Newb

Postby Indaswamp » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:35 am

Joe.358win wrote:Hi,my name is Joe,I live in Melbourne Australia.I enjoy deer and duck hunting,coach my daughters basketball team,and enjoy riding trailbikes.I have been hunting now for about 16 years,although I tend to find it hard to get out,having 5 kids and a non hunting wife means that my weekends are often spent at basketball with thee kids and earning browny points.

welcome joe from Australia! :thumbsup: I'd be interested to here your take on banning guns in austraila.
please feel free to post it on this thread:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=217089
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole