NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Re: NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Postby FOWL PLAY NY » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:43 pm

My name is Andrew Grace I live in Rochester NY hunt all waterfowl anywhere possible my motto "if it flies it dies" introduced to duck hunting last year and ive spent A LOT of time getting my self set up always looking for new hunting buddies I mostly hunt braddock bay Irondequoit bay and fairhaven bay killed around 250 birds last year and im looking to double that this year anybody in the neighbor hood let me know
give a man a duck and you will feed him for a day, teach him to duck hunt and he will go broke.
FOWL PLAY NY
hunter

Postby chasintails » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Fairly new to the game, been hunting and fishing most of my life. I love the peace I find in the outdoors. Teach Wood Working in High School and Coach Football and Bass Fishing. I'm a husband and a father of two and above all a christian. Glad to meet you.
chasintails
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:06 pm

:welcome:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Jon32391 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:03 pm

My names Jon, I'm 22 and have been duck hunting the past 3 years. Don't have a chance to get out too much as i'm finishing up school. Still new to the game and looking forward to picking up some good information from everyone here!
Jon32391
Newb

Postby sendo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:24 pm

Hello, my name is Rosendo (sendo for short) live in Stockton Ca. never hunted before just going to start hopefully i can learn some stuff here to get started.
sendo
Newb

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:50 am

:welcome:

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby goosethumps » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Hey everybody! New to the sight, and looking to expand my contacts and friends beyond the Iowa waterfowl hunting community! I am originally from the west central part of Iowa, but I am currently attending college in the northeastern part of the state. I mainly field hunt just because of our lack of water in Northeastern Iowa, although I do still enjoy hunting out of the boat every now and then. I have a trailer and run a 10dz full body decoy goose spread which consists of mostly Dakotas and a few tanglefree's and GHG's mixed in. I also have a 14ft flat bottom that I plan on putting a blind on one day when I get some time. I shoot a Beretta Xtrema II shotgun, which has absolutely never let me down! besides waterfowl hunting I love ice fishing, snowmobiling, and welding. I am a regular observer of . under the same username.
goosethumps
Newb

Postby micneador » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:19 am

Well, I'm nic meador, a freshman in college, and I'm a good ole boy from sapulpa, oklahoma.
I shoot either a 20 gauge browning citori or its big brother 12 citori. I've been duck hunting since I was 6, hunting sloughs in the little deep fork bottoms killing woodys and mallards. Never really blown anything fancy except for my new zinc ATM green machine I bought a few weeks back. I hunt mostly the eufaula green tree, cotton wood creek, and sahoma lake every now and then. My all-time pet peeve about duck hunting is sky blasters :mad: and people that think they can hunt because they watch duck dynasty.

I'm a member on Fishing-notebook.com under the same call name, if you fish a lot come check oit the sight. Lots of good guys that are willing to give of some fishing spots and tips for someone else on the board.

Figured I'd post up while waiting for shooting light down here at cotton wood creek WDU. Dang skeeters are kiling me, all because SOMEONE forgot the bug spray :fingerhead:
Never hire a plumber to do a pipe layers job.
micneador
hunter

Postby Eastin08 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 pm

What's up guys, my names Michael Eastin, Im 21. I live in Lafayette Louisiana and have hunted recently in Kaplan 3 years ago and haven't been able to find a decent blind since then. Best hunting I've ever had but farmer so say lost load and could farm land again. Come to find the other members in the lease bought everyone out. $$$ money talks. I hunt with a Beretta Xterema 2 and I am my own bird dog!
Eastin08
hunter

Postby MOgreenhead » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Hey everyone, new member here. Been waterfowl hunting for about 15 years now. Don't really get many opportunities to duck hunt, maybe 3 times a year. This year will be different, though as I now have a place to hunt basically whenever I want. Hunted teal yesterday morning. Can wait for November. Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys.
MOgreenhead
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:46 pm

:welcome: to all the new guys :beer:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:59 pm

FOWL PLAY NY wrote:My name is Andrew Grace I live in Rochester NY hunt all waterfowl anywhere possible my motto "if it flies it dies" introduced to duck hunting last year and ive spent A LOT of time getting my self set up always looking for new hunting buddies I mostly hunt braddock bay Irondequoit bay and fairhaven bay killed around 250 birds last year and im looking to double that this year anybody in the neighbor hood let me know

250 birds first year waterfowl hunting!!!!!!!!????????? You're a fuggin prodigy.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby dbanther22 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. I'm a new duck hunter here in Guilford county. I've been turkey hunting most of my life and had the chance to duck hunt with my cousin last year and I've been obsessing about it since. So far I've only hunted a flooded swamp and loved the excitement. I wouldn't mind finding some hunting buddies on here. Right now I'm left to hunt alone on public gamelands and have found most guys out there are immature and have little respect for their fellow hunters. Just got my waders and a dozen mallard decoys, applied for some permit hunts up in Caswell county, and took the 12 gauge out for some practice. Can't wait to hit the water and do some hunting.
dbanther22
Newb

Postby CLSNAVY » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:13 pm

I am currently active duty Navy and will be moving to Charleston on October 3rd. I am originally from Florida and love all waterfowl and migratory bird hunting. I have done a little research on the SCDNR website and it seems that most WMAs are done buy a lottery. I am completely new to this area and am seeking any advice, tips, info, help on how to get started. I am only going to be in SC for a year so I would like to get as much out of this hunting season as possible. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Clinton Spencer

email: clinton.l.spencer@gmail.com
CLSNAVY
Newb

Postby Reload-n-Go_448 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum. I've been hunting waterfowl the past handful of years since my first duck hunt and trip to Arkansas. Let's just say I was immediately hooked like everyone else. I now live in Corpus Christi, Texas and enjoy the thousands and thousands of birds down here every year. I like the coastal diver hunting, but there's nothing better than a deep woods timber hunt. I'm 23 and fresh out of college. Just looking forward to put some birds in my bag this winter, and enjoy the time on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Reload-n-Go_448
Newb

Postby :-) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Reload-n-Go_448 wrote:Hey guys, new to the forum. I've been hunting waterfowl the past handful of years since my first duck hunt and trip to Arkansas. Let's just say I was immediately hooked like everyone else. I now live in Corpus Christi, Texas and enjoy the thousands and thousands of birds down here every year. I like the coastal diver hunting, but there's nothing better than a deep woods timber hunt. I'm 23 and fresh out of college. Just looking forward to put some birds in my bag this winter, and enjoy the time on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm so sorry to hear you live in Corpus...welcome to the site. Lol
:-)
hunter

Postby PSteve342 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:44 am

Hi everyone, I'm Paul. I'm from Australia and love hunting ducks. Mainly lake shooting, with some river and damn shooting every now and then and the odd shoot up on the rice fields here in spring. I read a lot of interesting stuff you guys talk about on this forum so I though I'd get in on it and join the conversation!
PSteve342
Newb

Postby panch0 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:05 am

New guy here. My name is Frank and just joined up. I am from Deep South Texas (RGV) I have been on a few guided duck hunts on the laguna Madre in the past two years and really enjoyed it. I am set with a guide this November and am scouting some inland ponds to see if I can get some teal while dove hunting. I enjoy talking about bird hunting and bird dogs so I look forward to reading up on this forum. Thanks!

-Frank
panch0
Newb

Postby CapdYa » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi everyone, new member John from FL. Been fishing and surfing my whole life. Have had friends who have always tried to get me duck hunting, but my brother-in-law finally is getting me out this season and I couldn't be more excited! Already been trolling these forums for a few weeks and learned tons of good tips/info. Look forward to learning more! :beer:
CapdYa
hunter

Postby webfootbecker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Hey guys (and gals),
My family and I are new to Texas and I am anxious to get starting hunting this great state of yours (and mine now). Being born and raised in Florida, I have a lot to do to start finding those honey holes that can sometimes take years to locate. Can't wait to see what this years hunting season produces!

"I am not from Texas, but I got here as quick as I could"
webfootbecker
hunter

Postby LowcountryGamecock » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Hey guys, my name's Will and I'm from the lowcountry of SC. I'm a graduate of the University of South Carolina.I grew up hunting deer, doves, quail, and chasing turkey (learned the actual art of turkey hunting at an older age). Still live near Charleston, SC and took up waterfowl hunting a few years back. Glad to be here, and will be dropping in and out as I can and learning a lot.
LowcountryGamecock
hunter

Postby waterfowlgirl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:14 pm

Hey yal, I'm Stephanie from Arkansas, currently in the central part of the state going to UCA. I absolutely love the outdoors. Been hunting and fishing most of my life but didn't start ducking until last year with my now fiance and feel in love after I got my first duck! I am new to this and thought it would be a good place to meet people and learn new things about the sport. My fiance also makes paracord products, mostly lanyards, game hangers, etc. Look us up on Facebook Hold'em High Custom Lanyards. I cant wait for the season to start this year! Happy Huntin yal!
Attachments
IMG_0115.JPG
waterfowlgirl
Newb

Postby Batemaster » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Hello guys. Just joined over here. Been on Florida Sportsman since about 2000 but never duck hunted until I got an STA 1W and STA 5 permit this year. Joined the United Waterfowlers of Florida forum and thats a great bunch of guys who have already helped a bunch. I will be lurking around for any tips I can find from other hunters! Hopefully I can bag a few, not expecting much my first time out.
Batemaster
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:58 am

:welcome: All

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Brimstone » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi all. I am new to the forum. Born and raised in South Carolina, but I have been living in Utah for about ten years. I just found your forum while looking for some information on dog training. Glad to be here.
Brimstone
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole