NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Re: NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Postby motoking_1990 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:59 am

Hello my name is Greg. Been duck hunting going on three years now. Just got a new duck/fishing boat this year. Camoed it myself and will probably post a before and after picture for you all. I absolutely love every kind of hunting and since I started duck hunting I am absolutely addicted. Love the sport. Have a Mossberg935. And am also highly addicted to anything duramax. Pictures are yesterdays hunt mallard hen, three drakes, and a golden eye drake. Also a picture of my boat currently in progress.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1387983479317.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1387983417333.jpg
motoking_1990
hunter

Postby Bobby Langston » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Life long duck hunter, tarpon fishing guide that grew up in the Guana Management area of St Johns County, FL. Retired in 2010 from being a elementary math & science teacher so that I could put 100% of my time into my encore career of water fowl hunting guide, fishing and as a gun smith. Moved Ft McCoy, FL to be near Rodman, Orange Lake, Ocala National Forest to focus on hunting more than fishing. Well the Dr. says no more driving for me, my typing is not so great, anyone interested in a hunting buddy/mentor, have all my own gear, and honestly would rather be on the water than on a chat board...but getting out there isn't so easy any longer. Well I just wanted to say Hi, and see if there was anyone here that wanted to hang out with an old die hard duck hunter with more time on my hands than I know what to do with? Can't get the wife out of bed at 4:00 AM to go duck hunting, not really sure that I would want that to begin with :no: . Thanks I posted this in the State of Florida section as a dupe.
Bobby Langston
Newb

Postby TD_Dawg » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:57 am

Hi! I have been duck hunting since I was 12 y.o. when my dad bought me a Winchester pump youth model 20 gauge. We mainly targeted geese on our ranch in North Texas, but encountered plenty of ducks along the way. I moved to Georgia and have mainly hunted out of state in Arkansas and Louisiana. See y'all around!
TD_Dawg
Newb

Postby MatD » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi all. I am new to the forum and I have read some of the items that you all have discussed in the past, but I never registered till now, so here I am. Just to tell you a little about myself I have been hunting waterfowl since 2009 so I am new to the sport, but so far I love it, I have not shot many ducks in that time frame but to get out in the marshes with my friends and family have been memories that will be with me forever, however I finally drew out on a swan permit this year and thanks to my friend who had a boat took me to BRBR and I was able to get a nice adult swan, it was an awesome experience. I am a family man and my oldest son is now 13 and has finally decided he wants to learn how to hunt ducks and geese, so this should be a challenge.
MatD
Newb

Postby Halftail » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:10 pm

New member here...Been hunting Seaducks since I was a kid.close to 35 years.I been a lobster fisherman since I was 16....been goin at that for thirty years.
Halftail
Newb

Postby jvward@earthlink.net » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:24 pm

All applications denied for the good Florida Quota Permits, I've hunted Emerald Marsh Area 2 several times with poor result…only a few Ringnecks. Does anyone know where the 'good eating' ducks can be found or at least in better numbers this season ?
jvward@earthlink.net
Newb

Postby MarylandFowlSlayer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:10 pm

Names Wade, I've been hunting since I was about 10 so that would be about 11 years now. I hunt mainly on the Maryland Eastern Shore over a variety of different creeks, rivers, ponds, etc. I use a Remington VersaMax which has been an amazing gun for the year that I have owned it. I also use an Echo Meat Hanger call and for any goose guys out there I also have a Sean Mann Wing Mann. Good luck the rest of the season everyone.
Rack Addicts Outdoors
MarylandFowlSlayer
hunter

Postby dmillertime23 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm Dustin. Was a member a couple years ago for a while and just got out of the forum talks. Looking to get back in it cause I miss all the bs and good hunting chats. Look forward to it.
dmillertime23
hunter

Postby MHW » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:36 pm

Name is Matt, I live on South Shore of Long Island. I am just getting started with the whole Duck Hunting thing. Got the guns, the license, been practicing with calls etc. haven't been out hunting yet mainly because Id prefer to go out the first time with an experienced hunter. Anyone on the sight recommend a good guide just to get the first hunt or two under my belt?
MHW
Newb

Postby HitTheDrakes » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm

Just joined. Only been duck hunting a few years. Been trying out the WMA's (Muscadine, Mahanna, Twin Oaks, Sunflower). Been going by myself which makes it kinda tough trying to learn on my own. Just not many people I know around here (central MS) who like to duck hunt. They're all into deer hunting and some turkey. Have been reading the forums, etc. for tips. If anyone is in the same situation and wants to try pooling resources or sharing a hunt unit at a WMA one day, let me know. I'm actually thinking about going Wednesday morning 01/08/14.
HitTheDrakes
Newb

Postby Skogjag » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Staying at an hotel in SLC (9 Dec – 19 Jan), up from San Diego to hunt ducks and geese. Feel like I’ve been duped into coming here. :mad: Main reason I chose Salt Lake City was 5 hostels—all of which turned out to be hoaxes. Worse, Utah has the craziest policy I’ve ever seen, where Wildlife Resources cannot provide any maps for where one can hunt. :huh: Google maps lists a lot of distant WMAs, but I cannot discover anything about them, like which beasts are present.

A ranger in Hurricane recommended Farmington Bay, which I’ve tried a couple of times, with no luck. :rolleyes: It’s looking like my only hope of gaining intel is to seek help from this website for the week I have left. If anyone is willing to hunt with me, you can rely on me never coming back to deplete your secret spots.
Hate Utah. Never coming back.
Skogjag
Newb

Postby Texasbearcat » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Just joined. Been chasing ducks for the better part of six seasons around trinity county in east texas and also the texas gulf coast. Look forward to learning from everyone and shooting the breeze with y'all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texasbearcat
Newb

Postby fisnhuntguy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Hello. Name is Bill. I hunt mostly in SE LA. But sometimes hunt MS Delta near Greewood. We shoot most of our ducks in Salt and Brackish marsh. Usually teal, Gadwall, Spoonbill, and the occaisional diver. Hunting here used to be a lot better before the coastal errosion really kicked in. But we still can get into some decent hunts. I shoot a Rem. 870 and have shot the A5 in the past but I just like my pump gun. Currently I do not use a retirever as I had to put mine down a few years ago.
fisnhuntguy
Newb

Postby natestep » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Hello my name is Nathan Stephens. I live in Cave City Arkansas. I hunt mostly flooded timber and some fields. I have a 1999 War Eagle 542 with a Merc 25. I have been duck hunting since about 1995 and love to hate it most the time. I have made good friends while hunting and cant wait until the next season. Ive done some creeping on this site and big into DIY. Its the challenge of making the fancy stuff myself and keeps me involved while Im not hunting. Ive already seen some good ideas on here and look forward to the dirty looks from my wife cause im on here all the time!
natestep
Newb

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:02 pm

fisnhuntguy wrote:Hello. Name is Bill. I hunt mostly in SE LA. But sometimes hunt MS Delta near Greewood. We shoot most of our ducks in Salt and Brackish marsh. Usually teal, Gadwall, Spoonbill, and the occaisional diver. Hunting here used to be a lot better before the coastal errosion really kicked in. But we still can get into some decent hunts. I shoot a Rem. 870 and have shot the A5 in the past but I just like my pump gun. Currently I do not use a retirever as I had to put mine down a few years ago.

That sucks, Bill. Took me a couple of years after my last dog, too, but they help you. Even if you don't feel you're ready, think of it as simply giving a dog a good home. Makes it easier somehow that way, at least to me. :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Txboykin » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:33 pm

First time poster

I live in south Texas and currently training my 9 mo old Boykin, Jake
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389846812.716037.jpg
Txboykin
hunter

Postby Spyder » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Hey guys, I'm David, just wanted to introduce myself. Just joined the forum tonight, I've been out of the game for a while, due to Military obligations, I guess you could say. I'll be moving to central Missouri in a couple of months and look forward to gettin after it, if I can figure it out.
Spyder
Newb

Postby Durbin80 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Adam durbin. I'm a police officer and avid duck and goose hunter I've been doing it for 10 years now I hunt the Midwest flyway (Mississippi river) finally got a decent job to support my habit lol. Duck season is now over in the southern Illinois zone but still grinding geese.
Durbin80
hunter

Postby parriehunter » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Hello All,

New Member from New Zealand here. First went out hunting when I was 4, shot my first duck at the age off eleven and and 24 years since that first outing I haven't looked back. A hpoto of the Monday morning after opening weekend last year. On the Saturday and Sunday got a total of 250 birds between 6 of us but on Monday the rough weather turned up and we shot our limits of 25 each between the 4 of us left by 10am. That was on my soon to be father in laws property.

4 Limits of 100 birds

Also I have had a read over some of the posts and the information on here is amazing and look forward to learning some new things that you guys come up with.
parriehunter
Newb

Postby matteocacciadù » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:43 pm

hello everyone my name is Matthew I am 36 years old, I live in Italy and chased the ducks but I love your style of duck hunting and I would ask you many tips on hunting and on calls! hope to be welcome! greetings to all from 'Italy
matteocacciadù
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:11 pm

matteocacciadù wrote:hello everyone my name is Matthew I am 36 years old, I live in Italy and chased the ducks but I love your style of duck hunting and I would ask you many tips on hunting and on calls! hope to be welcome! greetings to all from 'Italy

:welcome: to DHC...a real Italian! :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Rye2hunt » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:21 pm

Ok with the winds coming in where is the best place to sea duck hunt? Thinking Mathews, Seaford or Chesapeake?? Any ideas??? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rye2hunt
Newb

Postby CBH2010 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:38 am

Names chandler hemphill. I'm 21, married, am a veteran, live in Florence, ms. Iv never duck hunted a day In my life, don't own anything relating to duck hunting, but I'm a huge fan of it and I'm slowly building up some change to get everything I need. It looks like so much fun and all my grandparents used to duck hunt. Hopefully in a couple years I'll be gung-ho and have a good bit more knowledge on the whole subject. Nice to meet you guys!!
CBH2010
Newb

Postby LoboDucks » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:42 pm

My name is Brandon,
I have been hunting in the Sacramento Valley area doing simple refuge hunts. Small spreads and hiking out is what I'm used to. Just moved to Boise, Idaho. This is a whole new ball game for me. I have never thought or read about hunting on rivers. I am in need of some help on how to go about things around here in the hunting category. Such as where to hunt and how to hunt it. Also have been reading how a lot of people make friends with farmers and make use of there lands during hunting season. Any advice on how to go about this would be very helpful. If there is anyone in the area that wouldn't mind helping me out that would be much appreciated. My Benelli pump is my trusty sidekick.
thanks
LoboDucks
Newb

Postby what_da_duck » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Hey DHC im new here name is Bryan kinda new to duck hunting agian picking it back up after 15 years had to find something to do now was bad accident a year ago tomorrow and been recovering since oringaly from south east michigan but have to find a warmer state lol hopefully next year to meet up and hunt with some people and learn some new things

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
what_da_duck
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole