NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Re: NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Postby Joshfish » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Hey guys. My name is josh. Starting hunting again after about 15 years. Used to go out the the refuges with my stepdad as a kid. This was my first season actually duck hunting. Only shot a few birds but numbers don't matter to me. Had a blast. Going to be picking up a full duck hunting setup in a few weeks. Boat, decoys etc. so next season will be full bore.
Joshfish
hunter

Postby MountainDucks72009 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Hey y'all, I'm Jason. First off, I wanna say thank Jesus for giving me the opportunity to duck hunt! Through Him all things are possible. I've been duck huntin for some years now and enjoy every minute of it even though we don't have as many ducks in WV as most of y'all have. Hope y'all have a good season next year and get a lot of killing done!
MountainDucks72009
hunter

Postby Coonass22 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:16 am

Hello I'm Bryan Bock from Bridge City tx and have been huntin since I was 6 or 7. I am 36 and married with 3 girls and a boy that's playin baseball in college. My middle age girl will hopefully hunt with me next year and I'll have to wait till my 5 year old can sit still long enoug for the birds to lite, she is a bit on the wild side right now. My wife lves to hunt and fish and is a crazy ol coonass and she keeps me lined out.

Sent by pony express
1648 wantin a gatortail

Mud buddy sucks
Coonass22
hunter

Postby Coonass22 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:17 am

MountainDucks72009 wrote:Hey y'all, I'm Jason. First off, I wanna say thank Jesus for giving me the opportunity to duck hunt! Through Him all things are possible. I've been duck huntin for some years now and enjoy every minute of it even though we don't have as many ducks in WV as most of y'all have. Hope y'all have a good season next year and get a lot of killing done!

Amen brother. All things are possible through Him.

Sent by pony express
1648 wantin a gatortail

Mud buddy sucks
Coonass22
hunter

Postby Splatt » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:45 am

Hello everyone.
My name is Mark.
I've been killin waterfowl off n on since lead was still legal.
Only the last 4 years have I gotten real serious about it.
I have a myl, that just turned 3 in November. Should finish his senior and seasoned titles this year.
I killed 206 ducks and 90 geese this season, but have lots to learn, since changing hunting areas and different type of hunting, Im not familiar with. ie, water to fields.
So, hello everyone. Bare with some dumb questions from an old guy.
Splatt
hunter

Postby Woodie whacker » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey everyone

My names Cory I'm from Monroe, north Carolina been hunting my whole life
Just got serious about waterfowl the last few years hunt fields for geese and swamps and ponds for ducks
I shoot a sx3 3.5" waterfowl, as far as calls have no brand preference just whatever I decide to use that day
Glad to be part of the site and the discussions
Woodie whacker
hunter

Postby Duck Nasty » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:54 pm

Woodie whacker wrote:Hey everyone

Just got serious about waterfowl the last few years hunt fields for geese and swamps and ponds for ducks
I shoot a sx3 3.5" waterfowl, as far as calls have no brand preference just whatever I decide to use that day

I would have rethought that username... Lol. Welcome to the forum
Duck Nasty
hunter

Re: Hello from the Texas Mid-Coast

Postby Capt. Kris Kelley » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Hey Guys,

My name is Capt. Kris Kelley and I am the owner of Castaway Lodge in Seadrift, Texas. We have been a sponsor on a sister site, 2coolfishing.com for years and have just arranged sponsorship on this site as well. I take my hat off to all of the membership that has built a great site and tribute to waterfowl hunting! We will be bringing you some updates from lodge operations on the mid-coast of Texas; upper pools of the Mississipi; and North Eastern Mexico.

We hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable season. I know hearing from clients from all over the US that hunted with us that everyone was wondering where in the heck all the ducks were. It was a productive season here in Texas but not near what we'd hoped for in terms of species diversity. Everyone kept saying "just wait until the next cold front". Heck, by a little after Thanksgiving we'd had enough weather to have every duck in the whole USA right here on the Texas mid-coast but it was apparent that wasn't happening. We held a lot of ducks inland on the coast this year due to rainfall just before the season and throughout so that didn't help things in the saltwater marshes too much.

We just returned from the lodge in Mexico to find huge concentrations of Pintail, Wigeon, and Teal along with the ever increasing population of Mexican Mallards and hybrids. The hunting was awesome and the hospitality is always a Mexican specialty.

That's about it for now, I hope you guys will drop me a note when you get a chance, I look forward to getting know some of you as we look toward next season. I posted up my first ever note on the International Duck Section highlighting the Mexico trip. Check it out if you get a chance.

Regards,

Capt. Kris Kelley
Castaway Lodge
Home of Coastal Waterfowl
Seadrift, Texas
1-888-618-4868
Attachments
RangerKK.jpg
Capt. Kris Kelley
DHC Sponsor

Postby deadeyehawkins » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Hello everyone my name is Robert Hawkins, Have been an avid deer hunter for thirty years. Yet two seasons ago a friend of mine took me duck and goose hunting an wow am I ever hooked have got two sons that I've since gotten involved and they love it as well. My oldest son whom is in the Navy comes home on leave to look to go duck hunting two more years and he will be hunting a lot more. My youngest son is 19 and has fallen head over heals for it as well. I have a long way to go in getting all the gear I need and things of that nature but I am getting there and have had a blast doing it shot a few ducks this year and really did good on geese.
deadeyehawkins
hunter

Postby Woodie whacker » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:30 am

Duck Nasty wrote:
Woodie whacker wrote:Hey everyone

I would have rethought that username... Lol. Welcome to the forum

Yeah I thought about that afterwards lol but everything else I came up with was taken
Woodie whacker
hunter

Postby zee-unit » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:25 pm

New to the forum.

23 year old, in Minnesota (twin cities area). This past fall was my first year trying waterfowl. I was hooked less than 20 minutes in.

Now I am trying to learn everything I can and prepare myself for a successful second year during this offseason.
zee-unit
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Splatt wrote:Hello everyone.
My name is Mark.
I've been killin waterfowl off n on since lead was still legal.
Only the last 4 years have I gotten real serious about it.
I have a myl, that just turned 3 in November. Should finish his senior and seasoned titles this year.
I killed 206 ducks and 90 geese this season, but have lots to learn, since changing hunting areas and different type of hunting, Im not familiar with. ie, water to fields.
So, hello everyone. Bare with some dumb questions from an old guy.

200 ducks and 90 geese not sure what questions youre gona ask because thays way more ducks then ive got in 2 years and more geese then ive shot in the 18 years of duck hunting
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Shadowlawnskysthelimit » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:39 am

Newbie here, So cal native, father of 26 yr old son serving the US Army currently deployed in Afghanistan and a 23 yr old daughter studying to be a molecular geneticist. Love to fish, especially in the ocean. Love to hunt also with, my real passion is hunting geese!! Member of IUEC (International Union of Elevator Constructors).

Hoping to move to Idaho in the very near future; gotta get out of Cali, lol !!!
Shadowlawnskysthelimit
Newb

Postby Splatt » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:24 pm

It wasn't that hard with flocks like this.
Splatt
hunter

Postby Lumpy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:53 am

Another new guy from Nor Cal, not much of a waterfowler, but love Jesus and turkey hunting!!!
Servin the Lord and killin turkeys!!
Glad to be here.
God Bless
It's not a religion its a relationship, JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!
www.hookscalls.com
Lumpy
Newb

Postby Jasonmaure » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Hi all. I am jay maure from southwestern ontario. I have been waterfowl ing for 20 + years now, used to guide on lake st Clair but now just enjoy the hunt. Field marsh river or big water I have done it all! Oh yeah I also write a hunting fishing and outdoor blog
Jasonmaure
hunter

Postby Mikeyford3 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:09 pm

New guy to forum here! The names mike ford I'm 23 living in south jersey. Love to fish be outdoors and of course duck hunting!
Mikeyford3
Newb

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Mikeyford3 wrote:New guy to forum here! The names mike ford I'm 23 living in south jersey. Love to fish be outdoors and of course duck hunting!

Welcome aboard! Feel free to jump right in and start posting.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby csteg » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Hey y'all, my name is Cole and I'm moving to Seymour-Johnson AFB sometime around July to fly and I was wondering if there are any good public places to do some waterfowl hunting around Goldsboro. I'm pretty new to waterfowl hunting, but I'm hooked. I would just like to know a few places close by so I can get some ducks during my off time while I'm not flying. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Cheers.
csteg
Newb

Postby Bagger1 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:54 am

New to duck hunting, live by Star Prairie Wi.
I have a black lab (she doesn't really go out with me) camo 835 3.5"
Anyone else from western wi?
Bagger1
Newb

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:15 pm

Splatt wrote:It wasn't that hard with flocks like this.

can I come hunt with you. oh pleas :bow:
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Quackersmacker21 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:24 am

Hey Y 'all. My name is Jay and I'm from SE Pennsylvania. I'm new here but not new to water fowling. I've been hunting for a little over 30 years, I'm 46 now. Used to walk into high school with my duck gun and put it in my locker to creek jump ducks after school. Try that now ! Anyway now I shoot a Benelli SBE with a Kick's high flyer choke. Just got back into waterfowl hard this last year because of my 9 year old son. I wanted him to get the experience. I'm pretty big into turkey's too and serve on the Pa State Chapter Board of Directors. Trying to find a nice duck boat for 3-4 people now and looking for a Chessie this year too. I love this area because I can hunt the Susquehanna river, the Eastern Shore or DE, MD , or Jersey all about an hours drive from me. Good luck to all and most of all be safe! Take a child hunting it 'll make their day and yours!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quackersmacker21
hunter

Postby Dirtroadkid89 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:38 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Yeah good idea... Like how long you have been hunting, where you hunt them, how you hunt them ducks(fields, sloughs, timber, rice, etc), dog, type of decoys, guns, calls, hunting buddies, boat, vehicle, memberships to conservation orgs, etc, etc... the sky is the limit :thumbsup:

For an example example I'll do my intro for ya all.
My name is Alan and I have been hunting waterfowl since age 9, which is 36 years of hunting now. I hunt MN and MB and occasionally SD, and have also hunted ND and SK. I hunt both ducks and geese, and both field and water for them both. And I hunt both puddle (sloughs)and divers(lakes), and both CA and S&Bs. I got a GR named Casey who is 9 years old now. I shoot a Win SX2 and use G&H smags for the ducks and Bigfoots for CA geese and custom socks for S&Bs. I drive a Chevy S-10 4x4 which hauls my 14' boat and 25hp motor or the 5x8 enclosed trailer for field hunting. I am an active member of Delta Waterfowl, DU US, DU CA, and MNWA being I have been on their local coommittees for the last 10+ years (except DU CA).

Well, there you go, so now do not be bashful, post up an intro-even the guys that have been here a while should do so so we can get to know one another a bit better. :smile:

My name is Kevin. I am 24 and an active duty army soldier. I've hunted since I was old enough to stand. I live in Alaska now but will be moving to Columbus Georgia in june. I am married to a beautiful lady who hunts with me and we have a blast. I have a bird dog named Duke. I shoot a Remington 887 Nitro mag with either kent or Remington 3-3 1/2 shells. I hunt rice fields, timber, and open water. We travel to where the ducks/geese are. I have a 14' Jon boat. Decoys I use are lifetime, G&H, mojo, and big foot. We don't really have any hunting buddies in GA yet. I have made a few connections on here to hunt some private land but still would like to make more! So anyone who wants to link up In GA, MS, AL, or TN, let me know because we already have hunts planned at all these places but would love to make some new friends and hunt some new places.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Dirtroadkid89
hunter

Postby Reger124 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:57 am

Hi all, My name Darian Reger. I have been hunt since I was old enough to follow my grandpa around in the mountains. I am new to duck hunting though, This was my first season. I went on a late season hunt last year with my brother and some family friends and got hooked. I live in Oregon and hunt some sloughs in fields, some ponds and flooded up fields when the water is high enough. I use a Benelli Super Nova as my gun which I love. I have a two year old lab collie mix I got for free and she is one heck of a retriever, still a long ways to go though.

Since I don't have much money being a broke college student, all I have is a dozen Flambeau storm front mallard decoys. I am hoping to add a dozen more decoys this summer mixing in Pintails, Wigeon, Teal and a couple Woodies. I am in the process of purchasing my first call (today hopefully). Going to get a Duck Commander Camo Max. Actually my second call I guess. I got a Duck Commander Mallard Drake call for Christmas. I use it as a whistle for Wigeon and Pintails, It is so easy to use I love it

I hunt with 5 family members and a close family friend. They have all been hunting for a while and are showing me the ropes of how to hunt the right way. I have also become a member in two duck hunting forums and a retriever training forum. I am trying to learn as much as possible quickly so we'll see if I get over loaded.

Hopefully that isn't to scatter brained haha.
Reger124
hunter

Postby akduckcouple017 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:49 am

Im troy I live in north pole ak and have been hunting ducks for a few years. and love it and even started my wife hunting ducks and she loves it to. only bad thing about hunting here is my duck season is much shorter then down in the lower 48.
akduckcouple017
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole