NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Postby woodiewagon20 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:10 am

Hey guys,

I am in school in south georgia, and will be graduating here in the next couple of months. I am from north ga, and am looking to move back close to home. I am considering South Carolina as well. (lake hartwell area). I am by no means cyber scouting. I am just looking for suggestions on where to hunt. I am used to hunting woodie holes in addition to a regular Arkansas and Florida trip per year. The reason I am looking for suggestions is that I have been hunting South GA for the past four years and havent done too much open water hunting in the time ive been away at school. Ive got a good spread of decoys, and a dog. In the market for a boat as we speak because I normally am along on my buddy's boat.

Thanks,
woodiewagon20
woodiewagon20
hunter

Postby SteveR » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Hello,
I'm new to duck hunting and wanted to learn where to get some advice for duck hunting-and hunting in general- around the San Diego area (or within a few hours). I know it's now the most prolific spot, but man, are there a lot of ducks around. I know there must be a good spot or two. Any advice? I would love to hear from anyone. I'm excited to be new to this forum and any thoughts would be great to read.
Thanks!
Steve
SteveR
Newb

Postby cutdown123 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:12 pm

Nice to meet y'all from down here in ark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cutdown123
hunter

Postby rbol121 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:14 pm

New Member here. I'm from the SE Michigan area. Recently got into hunting waterfowl in the last few years. Mainly, hunting late season Honkers, but have been getting the itch and am wanting to get more into the duck hunting aspect of things. Have been to Missouri numerous times for Snows and Specks. Last year did a Speck and duck hunt, and am now hooked on hunting specks and ducks after that trip. Great site and look forward to talking and learning all I can.

Ryan
rbol121
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:29 pm

Welcome. Feel free to jump right in

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby coot83 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:15 pm

I'm in west tn. I've worked for a pro trainer a few years back. I quit hunting a few years ago but now getting geared up to start back. Currently looking for the rite choc. Lab

DED BROKE HUNTIN CLUB
coot83
hunter

Postby wigeonator887 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Hello from California.
Fresh white Reebok's kickin your ***
wigeonator887
hunter

Postby Tri-Statehunter » Wed May 07, 2014 7:05 am

Hi All,

I am pretty new to duck hunting, I live in Iowa and hunt the Mississippi River. Looking to learn more about boat blinds and decoy sets.
Tri-Statehunter
hunter

Postby kcwellington » Fri May 09, 2014 10:06 am

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED BEYOND WHAT I DESERVE 10 FOLD.
Glad to be here.
Last edited by kcwellington on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kcwellington
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri May 09, 2014 10:10 am

:welcome: To all the new members
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby R. Chapman » Sun May 11, 2014 9:42 pm

RMFC here from Helena, MT.
Obummer's real name- Black Hussein Osama
R. Chapman
hunter

Postby lgpjr49 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:05 pm

My names Lee. I live in middle GA and have hunted small farm ponds for over a decade. I've just started getting into hunting bigger water and other places. I just got my first duck boat and have a few decoys. I'm not to good on calling and have lots of questions about decoys an hunting in general.
lgpjr49
hunter

Postby FlyordiePA » Fri May 16, 2014 7:26 pm

16 years old, my dad took me hunting, specifically for ducks, for the first time when I was 7. Been hooked ever since. Hunted em with shotguns bows, along with almost every other game in pa! Glad to have joined[THUMBS UP SIGN]ImageImageImageImage

FlyordiePA
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Welcome. :hi:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby BearRiverBanded » Sun May 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Name is Tyler I am 23. I am a junior at Utah State University studying Wildlife Science. I work for the Utah Division of wildlife as a wildlife Technician at Ogden Bay Waterfowl Management Area. I am also a rookie Duck guide at the Bear River Duck Club. The last few years I have really been putting my main focus on waterfowl but I do enjoy a good deer or elk hunt. I drive a 2000 Cummins and she can move I will tell you what. I just bought a new A5 this last Christmas and broke it in the right way 2 hours after buying it shot my first limit of geese with it. I hunt both fields and marsh for ducks and geese. I just lost my 12 lab Gauge but almost just started training my next water dog Dixie who is also a black lab.
BearRiverBanded
hunter

New member, old duck hunter...

Postby MTGunner » Tue May 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Greetings all. I found this site after much search for a sea duck hunt near NW Washington state. Let me tell you all about this old gunner. Was born on the Mississippi River near Quincy, IL. Was introduced to water fowling at a tender age of 7 with my grandfather and uncle. I spent 35 plus yrs. living on the east coast near Plymouth, MA. Did considerable puddle duck hunting, sea duck hunting and goose hunting in the NE for many yrs. I now live in NW Montana below Flathead Lake. I have been fortunate to be able to hunt Quebec Prov. NE of Quebec City for snows and black ducks. Hunted TX for snows, specs, blues, Ross, teal mallards and etc. During the late 70's I got heavily involved with DU and was a committee chairman for Plymouth County DU and a committee member for many yrs. I have built six layout boats in my time. My last duck hunting/layout boat was published in Chuck Tichons' book of Duck Boats and Blinds. I taught waterfowl ID for the Commonwealth of MA for 10 yrs. along with basic hunter education for 17 yrs. I have been very fortunate to meet many a grand duck hunter and hope to meet many more. I am currently searching for a sea duck outfitter near NW Washington state to perhaps take a drake harlequin for my collection. I am now retired and have an older lab and a new 9 week old black lab pup that is coming along just fine. Have had a few labs and two chessies in my water fowling carreer. All great hunting companions. Miss the ones that have gone on to duck hunting heaven. Anyhow, I am looking forward to contributing to this website.
Hunt hard, kill swiftly, offer no apologies.
MTGunner
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:16 pm

I'm new and I like coots

HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby zee-unit » Fri May 23, 2014 9:46 pm

KyFowl20 wrote:I'm new and I like coots

Welcome - best intro ever!
zee-unit
hunter

Postby KyFowl20 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:52 pm

zee-unit wrote:

Love when my wife gets on my dhc acct.

HGC Prostaff
KyFowl20
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat May 24, 2014 6:23 am

KyFowl20 wrote:
zee-unit wrote:

Love when my wife gets on my dhc acct.

Don't blame her ! Some of us that know you no what the truth is
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Goosehunter12 » Sun May 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Hello Every one I am new to this site. My name is Kevin I am from Northern Canada. I am 20 will be 21 this September, I hunt both ducks and geese. I just started hunting ducks and geese about 3 years ago, but have been hunting ever since I could remember. I don't have a very specific way of hunting them I just kind of cruise down the road or a cutline on a quad going from pond to pond or creek to creek. I shoot a Mossberg maverick 88 with a 28" ribbed barrel. I use to shoot the factory choke and missed a lot of ducks and geese I spent a lot of time on trying to pattern my gun and couldn't find the magic load. Recently I just bought a new patternmaster extended choke and a Carlsons Black cloud mid range choke tube. I use to shoot Winchester experts #2's with factory chokes but when I bought the two new chokes I bought a few different loads to try (ex: hevi shot duck, kent fasteel, Remington hypersonic, blindside, black cloud, federal). Now I shoot mainly the patternmaster with kent fasteel BB 3" it works amazingly I have not missed a bird since I started using them both, however, the hevishot duck 3" B patterns nicely too. Carlsons black cloud choke patterns pretty good with the blindside 3" BB. I was looking to buy a new semi until I bought a new limbsaver recoil pad for my maverick 88 it is much softer kicking now I also bought a red truglo fiber optic sight. I have 2 black labs named Fisher & Sako. I also Bow hunt and rifle hunting, well that's enough about me just thought id introduce myself here.
Thanks for reading.
Goosehunter12
Newb

hello fom the uk

Postby merseywildfowleruk » Mon May 26, 2014 1:30 pm

hello fellas. im from the uk and live in a town called widnes. I have been fowling since he age of 14.now 57.are shooting area is on the upper Mersey.
merseywildfowleruk
Newb

Postby greenmachine69 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:25 am

Good morning guys! I'm from central Mississippi and have been hunting for 24 years. I have worked in the outdoor retail industry through college for one of the really big names and now I'm affiliated with a different company in sales.
greenmachine69
hunter

Postby Adrenal-Line » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Greetings!
I have been hunting since I was 6 with the philosophy "If its brown its down" about 9 years ago I added "If it fly's it dies". I love all hunting just another way to enjoy God's creation! I hunt all over New Mexico. I work two jobs, one as a manager in a warehouse and my most recent which deals with online sporting good sales of my invention. I hunt with a bow which was recently upgraded to a hoyt spyder turbo, things an animal! Also hunt birds with my Benelli Vinci which is also an amazing gun just wished I waited for the model that holds 3.5" shells :fingerhead: I film a lot of our hunts and recently have been making believers out of people that duck is the new steak!
Adrenal-Line
DHC Sponsor

Postby osophish » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:45 pm

Hello I'm new to the forum and to duck hunting. But im looking forward to catching tnt bug this year if work allows. I live in ventura county and my main hunting area is in las Padres national forest above Fillmore and Gorman. For birds rabbit and coyote I use my shotguns. I have two mossberg 500. For deer I use my Stevens 200 308. I have recently gotten into archery and would enjoy trying to harvest a deer and pig with it...
I was wondering if there are any places to duck hunt around ventura. I want to try kern wildlife reserve but is there anything nearer. I'm aware of port huneme but I am not a millitary member. Iv heard there's spots nearby that but i can use some help finding were there at so I can look them up and do my homework.
Im looking forward to learning alot on here and thanks for the help.
osophish
Newb

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole