NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Re: NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Postby osophish » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello I'm new to the forum and to duck hunting. But im looking forward to catching tnt bug this year if work allows. I live in ventura county and my main hunting area is in las Padres national forest above Fillmore and Gorman. For birds rabbit and coyote I use my shotguns. I have two mossberg 500. For deer I use my Stevens 200 308. I have recently gotten into archery and would enjoy trying to harvest a deer and pig with it...
I was wondering if there are any places to duck hunt around ventura. I want to try kern wildlife reserve but is there anything nearer. I'm aware of port huneme but I am not a millitary member. Iv heard there's spots nearby that but i can use some help finding were there at so I can look them up and do my homework. Also last question were is the search bar on here. Might of missed it because im on my phone and am having a brain fart moment.
Im looking forward to learning alot on here and thanks for the help.
osophish
Newb

Postby Water cricket » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Just joined the site. I'm a hard core duck hunter that lives in good ole Georgia. I hunt private land often mostly small beaver ponds and rivers for woodies but I love hunting public land. I have several private holes to hunt but I only hit them about once or twice a year. I focus most of my season on public land. In Georgia it takes a lot of scouting and hard work to get to where the birds are and the rest of the hunters are not. I love the challenge and enjoy the work that goes in to finding a new sweet spot to hunt when it gets cold. A lot of the spots I hunt on public land involve me takeoff a chainsaw with me in the the off season to cut my way in with the boat. I know it sounds like a lot of work but it's all worth it when your not having sky busters all over you or someone setting up in your lap. I tend to go in a lot earlier than everyone and stay much later so folks don't see me going in and out. I look forward to some good stories on here this season. I'd love to know if there is any other hunters in Georgia that go to the same lengths I do to have a good shoot.
Water cricket
hunter

Postby No_mallard_man » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Hello all this is day 2 of my membership here

We'll I'm David I'm 18 from north carolina and I run a bulldozer to pay for duck season

Ive been hunting since age 5 but recently got into waterfowl
I'm coming up on season 3 and hope it to be a good one

I have no dog but I have really really nice friends with kayaks and we'll now I have one to so now I'm my own dog
I shoot a benelli super nova and have fallen in love with 3 inch #4 blind sides

Most of my gear usually consist of my gun a box of shells waders Carhartt basic calls and a pack of Marlboro reds
From start to finish of season it's all on my truck
Me and my friends usually just share decoys and boats it's like a giant duck gear pot luck !

I drive an 05 chevy silverado crew cab 4x4 every reason I bought that truck revolves around hunting
From the heated seats too numb the after hunt layer of ice to the crew cab to house all my gear
It's perfect!
Thanks for reading
No_mallard_man
hunter

Postby KanMan » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:17 pm

New guy on the board from Kansas. I've been lurking for a while and decided to jump in. I think I'll fit in here and I plan to stay. :hi:
KanMan
Newb

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:56 am

Um, um,,,uh HI. My name is,well not my name I guess but you know. I think I'm doing this rite but am not sure. I get kinda nervice talking in front of people, so sorry if I don't sound too smart. I really am. Sorry and Nervice, not smart. I like to hunt and shoot. I got a dove last year but got in big truble cause the wire it was sitting on got cut to. it was kinda funny to,thow, cause it started a fire and I like watching fires. I been readin some stuff on here. There sure is some smart guys. Who likes what polytission sure seems to get some meanrn a constirpated polecat . I don't think that SpinnerMan guy likes detroit or Shicago, thow. Never been to eether one, so I guess they must be bad as he says. Glad I never went to there. I never will now! :thumbsup: An that assa um somethin he sure hates scool. He musta got so tired of it and quit about 3rd grade like me. Never hurt me nun. and that Inda guy..he is reely smart. I hafnt unnerstood one word sinse i started readin here. Thats wen I know people are smart is when I dont get a think they say. I think hes a genus.
I gues thats all. i like to fish and hunt and shoot....but i guess thats huntin to if you r shootin at somthin so i dont know i gues. I git kinda nervice sumtimes you know. like I said i guess. and I like to go campin with my uncle, but he gets kinda too friendly after he been drinkin some times. He sure makes it hard to sleep with all that noese and movin round at night to. Times he ends up rite on top o me and that is not cumfortable at all, but I dont want to wake him up cuz he gets mad, so affer he moves aroun some he gets tired an go to sleep. Thats better then an campin gets fun agin :thumbsup: .
Okay. Hope I did ok fur my first time. I get kinda nervice, but i guess i said that. We shud go campin sometime :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:04 am

No_mallard_man wrote:Hello all this is day 2 of my membership here

We'll I'm David I'm 18 from north carolina and I run a bulldozer to pay for duck season

Ive been hunting since age 5 but recently got into waterfowl
I'm coming up on season 3 and hope it to be a good one

I have no dog but I have really really nice friends with kayaks and we'll now I have one to so now I'm my own dog
I shoot a benelli super nova and have fallen in love with 3 inch #4 blind sides

Most of my gear usually consist of my gun a box of shells waders Carhartt basic calls and a pack of Marlboro reds
From start to finish of season it's all on my truck
Me and my friends usually just share decoys and boats it's like a giant duck gear pot luck !

I drive an 05 chevy silverado crew cab 4x4 every reason I bought that truck revolves around hunting
From the heated seats too numb the after hunt layer of ice to the crew cab to house all my gear
It's perfect!
Thanks for reading

Sorry sir, but this is a non-smoking forum.
No problem about the reading, though. It seems like whenever I see a page full of words it just happens! Go figure.

Just givin' you a hard time. It won't be the last on here, in fact the more the merrier!!! ! Welcome buddy! :welcome: :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby HuntingInRomania » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:58 am

Game Hunting Romania is a private company with over 20 years of constant activity in organizing hunt in Romania. It was founded and is currently led by Laurentiu Mihaiu one of the first people involved in this activity, since the beginning of 1990, when hunting was reopened in Romania for citizens of other countries.

The vast experience made in all these years, by organizing many hunts across the country, for all species, gave us a good knowledge of all the possibilities for hunting and a careful selection of the best areas in Romania.

Thanks to a strong positioning of our company in Romania, we are able to organize hunting in the best areas of the country, at high quality standards and probably at the best prices in the market.

Our entire business relationship with our clients and partners has always relied on ethics and mutual respect. Thus we managed to build ourselves a good image and a very good reputation, both in Romania and abroad.

We always offer complete services, from the arrival in the country of hunters until their departure. Any hunt request will be carefully analyzed, in terms of real possibilities of organizing under specified conditions.

We will guide you to choose the best periods of time to hunt and we will provide you all the details connected to your stay as well as all its costs.

We will advise you on other species that may be hunted during your stay, as an additional choice.

Since many hunters want to come to Romania accompanied by friends or family members who are not hunters, we can organize visits and excursions for them, in a good correlation with the development of the hunting program.

An important goal for us is that through quality service, through dedicated attention, to development of the entire stay in Romania, but primarily through the hunting results, to succeed on making you come back on other occasions, just like we did until today, to have hunters or groups of hunters who returned gladly, over the years to hunt with us in Romania.

And last but not least, by our way of developing our activity, we want to help create a better image in the world for Romania.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface, but always paddling like the dickens underneath.
HuntingInRomania
Newb

Postby Reel Teal » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Hello all!! My name is Brian.

I just joined this past week after discovering this a couple months too late. Just finished my first duck season here in central florida. Its been something ive had an itch to do for a while. Well after a trip to Louisiana to fish with some uncles who live in Houma, I became a hunter. They completely got me hooked. Planning some trips with them this winter along with more hunting here. Ive learned tons from you this site and others. Im hopelessly addicted and the girlfriend hates it lol

Thats kind of my background. I hope to keep learning and hopefully meet some more people as well. This is an amazing pass time and is just so rewarding to experience mornings in the marsh.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Reel Teal
hunter

Postby ALLSTAR1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:16 pm

Just joined yesterday and want to say hello. I hunt waterfowl in Missouri and Kansas. Hunt private and public and prefer duck hunting over water using my 4 rivers layout boat. Hunt waterfowl with 12 ga Rem Versimax. Hunt waterfowl about 60 days/year since retirement.
Have been hunting something for about 40 of my 65 years.
Really like snow goose hunting every spring but it is getting harder and harder!Image
ALLSTAR1
Newb

Postby OGblackcloud » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:57 pm

:welcome: To all the new members
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Tbrown75 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi, my name is talon. Just joined today! I live here in Blount Co. east Tennessee. I work on Heavy Equipment for a living. Been hunting/fishing since I could stand. Got into waterfowling 5 years ago. Hooked ever since then. Looking to hopefully find some other hunter close to me. Spots I had are being developed, and some have fallin through. Would love to find someone to hunt with, I have pretty large spread of decoys and a boat ready to go! Nice to join the club! :hi:
Tbrown75
Newb

Postby term » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:37 am

Hello my name is Bryan, i have been waterfowl hunting for 30 years. Used to have opportunity to hunt flooded timber central Arkansas but lately it is been southern Missouri lakes and rivers. I have an 18 foot aluminum duct boat,camouflage canoe and I'm currently considering buying a stealth 2000 by Beavertail. I know it sounds silly but I have a lot of different types of areas to hunt. My retrievers name is Frisco. I mainly use Hurters burlap super Magnum mallard decoys. And I typically use a Remington 870 express. I shoot 3 1/2 inch mags for one reason. THAY DON't MAKE 4 1/2 INCH MAGS.
term
hunter

Postby tman74 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name's Chris and I'm from Ontario Canada. I'm turning 40 next month and shot my first bird (Canada Goose) when I was 15 or 16. Most of my hunting over the is jump or pass shooting beaver ponds and small honey hole's in Northern Ont. Got into decoying more last season and wish I started sooner. I don't use a dog in the conventional way, bug every once in a while my terrier(s) would retrieve or find a wounded duck hiding in the shore grass/cover. I mainly use waders, a boat or a drag to retrieve my birds. Currently have 2 semi's and mainly use 3" shells for both ducks and geese.

Love the site and all the info to be found here (been lurking for a loooong time).

Thanks,

Chris
tman74
Newb

Postby silvermallard » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:39 am

hey y'all!
I'm ty. im a Tn and Illinois hunter. Every year I'm back and forth between states. waterfowl hunting has me hooked like a tick on a basset hound. :tongue:
i'm 27 and have been hunting and fishing my whole life. I fished mostly growing up but the last 4 to 5 years i've put a lot more time and money into ducks and geese, Great forum...I take everything with a grain of salt but love the post and so forth.
:beer: cheers to the new guy!!! lol
[color=#0000BF]Rock em & Lock em[/color]
silvermallard
hunter

Postby SkyblastH8R » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Hello there DHC,

My name is Spencer from Bellville, TX. I've been hunting for 4 years and this coming up season will be my first with my 10 month old British black lab. I'm excited about having him out on the water with me. I'm looking into purchasing a gator tail to travel around hunting public areas from texas to Louisiana and up to Arkansas. I'm a ghg decoy guy and shoot both beretta autos and Benelli pumps. I have a major passion for the sport. I've been hunting here in texas along both Brazos and Colorado rivers, rice fields and local ponds backed up to rivers. My girlfriend hunts with me and she just might have as much passion for the sport as I do. I'm all about the experience of the hunt. Never looking to take anyone's spots, just looking for advice on where to go and when. Thanks to all you guys in advance for any help I'll get from you.
SkyblastH8R
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole