NEW MEMBERS POST UP HERE!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Postby H2Ofowler » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:38 pm

Hello my name is Terry and I live and hunt in Nebraska. I have also hunted in SD, IA, NC, MN, KS, MO, and OK. I started hunting when I was 8yrs. old which was 22 yrs. ago. I hunt my "lake" which is 6 acres that I flood every year. It is located in the middle of a corn field and no I do not plant in the lake bed. Oh by the way I farm for a living. I have five 8 man pits which are heated, have electicity (so we can watch husker games between flocks) and the main swtich to the irragation pump is there. I also hunt the rainwater basin area of NE. When I hunt the basin area I use three to six dozen decoy's mainly mallard with a few tip-ups. On my place I use 7 dozen S&B's floater's and 10 dozen field, 11 dozen duck decoys, 2 dozen field, 7 dozen CN floaters, 3 dozen over stuffers (which are real stuff geese) 2 dozen super mag. shells, and another 2 dozen big foots. I use so many decoys because there are two commerical places with in four miles of me and also a refuge abut ten miles away. I have 3 labs Kody is chocolate, Hunter is black, and Bug is yellow. I shoot, well lets just say it depends on what I grab. By the way my lake is designed just for hunting and is only 2'6" deep, that is why I have a switch for the pump in the pit. It will open a hole in a short time when it freezes up. Well that is enough about me. I hope you all have a great season!
H2Ofowler
Newb

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:52 am

Oh great just what we need-another h2ofwlr to confuse people... :tounge:

Now as long as you do not post up a Golden on your avatar things should be cool.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby MOFLYWAYJAY » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:22 pm

Hello everybody. My name is Jay and I am new to the forum. I am 23 years old and have been duck hunting since I was 5. Most of my hunting has been done on a private marshland in Kansas City MO. However, due to college I have spent the past couple of years on the conservation lands in central missouri. This past year I began hunting in dry corn fields for ducks and have had my best hunts ever. I am looking for places to hunt in the St. Louis area. I live in the west county suburb of Ballwin and have no contacts to hunt with. If any of you know of any places around this area I could hunt please let me know . I dont want to miss out due to the lack of a spot. Thanks for the welcome. :thumbsup:
Get er' dun
MOFLYWAYJAY
Newb

Postby tmducker » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:17 pm

Thanks for allowing me to join your site. I live in the turtle mountains about 5 miles from the canadian border aye. I am an avid duck and goose hunter. I usually hunt in Rolette Co. And Bottineau Co. and northern Pierce Co. I've been doing taxidermy work for about 10 yrs. :salude: I forgot to add these counties are in North Dakota.
Last edited by tmducker on Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
tmducker
Newb

Postby OU » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:19 pm

I just found this site. I hang out alot at the Refuge.

I live in Tulsa, OK. Love Comp Duck Calling, Duck & Goose Hunting and OU Football....

Hope to see you on a contest stage somewhere.

Chris
Fowl Language Duck Calls:
The Call Ducks Swear By.

Git R' Done
OU
hunter

Postby texan68 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:25 pm

My name is Alex and I have been duck/goose hunting for about 12 years. I started in Kansas, then moved to texas where I hunt the local lake, coast, and a few cattle tanks out west. I take a few trips each season to go hunt the huston rice patties for geese. Down on the coast I hunt out of Port Mansfield. I use a beretta silver snipe over and under. I use carrylite, greenhead, and flambeou duck decoys, and texas rag sac decoys for the geese. For the old huntin dog, I have a 1 year old female black lab.
texan68
hunter

Postby Duckhunter16 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:56 pm

:welcome: hey welcome guys you'll love this site
IF IT FLIES IT DIES

I am a member of peta
People Eating Tasty Animals
Duckhunter16
hunter

Postby TXXpress » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:57 am

Howdy everyone. I'm Steve and I'm another duckaholic... Wrap that up with my fishing addiction and I just don't know when I'll have time to work anymore. I started duck hunting while at college in Alabama. Blue jeans, camo shirt in flooded timber. Froze any common sense I had right out of me back in 1979. It's been all downhill from there... :eek:
I now live on Galveston Bay here in Texas. Pretty tough on the duckalolic and fishaholic recovery programs. (They quit inviting me to their meetings and my sponsors won't return my calls). They have no sense of humor.
I also hang out on the Refuge. Great site here too. Thanks for letting me participate.
Nice Shot there Podna... You just took out three dekes. The birds are in the air!
TXXpress
Newb

Postby OzaukeeDoug » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:42 pm

Well I don't know if anyone is still reading this far down, but I'll go ahead anyway.

I am 31 and I'm a brewer at a regional craft brewery. I live in SE Wisconsin (Ozaukee County, that's where my handle comes from). I hunt ducks all over the state of WI and I head out to North Dakota for 4-5 days every October.

I have been hunting since I was 12, but just started hunting ducks 5 years ago, and it's become an obsession. Hope to learn a lot here and maybe pass on a few tips as well.

Cheers, Doug
OzaukeeDoug
hunter

Postby DUCKYOUNGSTER » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:00 pm

HEY MY NAME IS JUSTIN WILLIS I HAVE BEEN HUNTING SINCE THE AGE OF 8. I AM NOW 18 AND STILL HUNTING TODAY DUH IM ON THIS SITE. I DO NOT OWN A BOAT BUT I DRIVE AN 87 TOYOTA 4X4 LIFTED ON 33'S. MY PRIDE AND JOY. I SHOOT A REMINGTON 1300 AND A BROWNING 1100. I HUNT BACK WATER AND RIVER BEDS THAT FILL UP IN TO STREAMS IN THE WINTER. I USUALLY JUST HUNT WITH MY DAD BUT NOW THAT IM GETTING MORE INDEPENDENT AND LIVING ON MY OWN I AM FINDING FELLOW HUNTERS NEAR MY AGE. I USE ALL FLAMBEAU DEEKS IN WHICK ARE MALLARD AND TEAL. I USE A GENERIC TEAL WHISTLE CALL AS WELL AS DUCKS UNLIMITED SPECIAL EDITION. I DO LIVE IN CA I HUNT SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AS WELL AS NORTH. BUT I MAINLY HUNT THE COLORADO RIVER WITH MY DAD EVERY YEAR. THATS ABOUT IT.
DUCKYOUNGSTER
Newb

Just joined

Postby riverhunter » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:40 pm

Whats up fellas site looks good
You Aint Been Huntin Till You Been River Huntin
riverhunter
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:12 pm

:thumbsup: My name is Greg Wile (GW)and I'm fairly new at the duck and goose hunting but I'm learning fast. I've hunted coons, cats, bears, white tails, ruffed grouse, pheasant, rabbits, coyotes, and now for the fourth yr ducks & can. geese. I use an Ithaca mod. 87 featerweight for most of my hunting.
I love the outdoors, hunting & fishing are my #1 pastimes. I beleave in what I bring into the wilderness I need to bring out when I leave. I also beleave in making sure of your target. I use 2 3/4" shells in #2 for Ducks and Geese and I don't shoot until I can see their toe nails. My 2 yr old blk lab doesn't have papers but then again she can't read so it dosen't matter. I hunt feilds, rivers, lakes, and ponds. I don't have many deks but buy a few when funds permit. I have an old sunray 12ft boat (green) and a 15ft coleman canoe (brite red).

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing!!!!
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby had » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:37 pm

my name is heath. i hunt in arizona. i hunt on a river and local lakes, and a refuge. i hunt with a doz herters mallards and a sean mann acrylic timber talker. i have only been hunting ducks for 2 years now. thats why i spend alot of time on these web sites. i learn alot from you guys. i shoot a black nova. i'm getting better with my goose call and will be starting to get my goose decoys this year. we have a great spot for hunting geese here on a refuge, but the word is you need 5 doz full body so slowly but surely! when i hunt lakes i go with my freind who has the 14 ft jon boat.

had
had
hunter

New here

Postby seeumno » Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:17 pm

Hiya all. New here. Hope to learn alot. Several years wf it's great. I think it beats deer season.
seeumno
Newb

new to this one

Postby Walpole Island Hunter » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:43 pm

Hello everyone .. just a duck hunter from Southern Ontario, canada , I do all of my hunting on Walpole Island .. the hunting here is pretty damn good :thumbsup: you all should look it up on the net .... try "Walpole Island duck hunting guides"
you might find some stuff about where I come from and where I hunt

So yeah keep it safe, and dont shoot them all ,save some for me guys :salude:
Walpole Island, Ontario, Canada is where the duck action is!
Walpole Island Hunter
hunter

Postby talltimber » Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:34 am

I'll say Hey on this post too. I've been duck huntin three or so years. My thing as a youngster, teen, and early twenties was quail hunting. They've been in a bad way for a number of years here in parts of MO. I took up duck lhunting so I could still hunt some birds. I wish I would have known someone to get me started years ago. I really enjoy the whole aspect of it, from painting the dekes in late summer to bustin ice in late season and all the good times with friends, old and new, along the way. Ok enough sappiness....what I really like is a muddy bloody pile turned into a grilled masterpiece :thumbsup:
talltimber
hunter

Postby duckless » Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:04 pm

HonkShooter sent me!
duckless
Newb

Postby otcfowler » Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:04 pm

Live in Ottertail County, MN. 33 yrs old, been hunting since 14. Usually hunt waterfowl 4-5 days a week. This will be my first year with my own dog, have a 10 mo. old Yellow Lab. Enjoy mainly diver hunting and especially like the last 20 days of season, depending on ice!!! Looks like a nice site, will look forward to posts during season.
otcfowler
Newb

Howdy

Postby Tractor » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:41 pm

[color=iceblue]Howdy. I'm new obviously. I'm 16 years old and I have been duck hunting with my dad since I was 8. Right now, I've got a fat chocolate lab, a brillent fox terrier, and a dumb-as-a-rock shih tzu. Plus I have a crazy 5 year old quarter horse, a chinese water dragon, and a mean lovebird. So much for the love with her. Anyways... I love to hunt anything, trap anything, catch anything, and ride horses. I'm not real selective. So... yeah... I'm going squirrel hunting with my cousin on Thursday!
Tractor
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:54 am

Hey all,
My name is Pete Graf . I live in southern wisconsin, and have hunted virtually as a loner since the age of fourteen, ( I am thirtyseven years of age) and got tired of hunting as a loner. that's when I took up duck hunting. Prior to duck hunting I was crazy about bow-hunting Whitetails. When I was out chasing deer, I used to laugh at people who would waste that morning out on the marsh in persuit of "flying liver", but then it happened, I went duck hunting with my Father-in-law. That was five years ago, and now I am absolutely hooked! I hunt about forty of the sixty day season, and wish I could hunt all sixty! I hunt mostly the Rock River, but occasionally make it over to the mighty Miss. and hunt the fields for Geese, We hunt from perminent blinds mostly, but I do own a boat blind and will hole-hop, and hit the lakes "up north". I own a Black Lab, (Sheeba) and she is as nuts about hunting as I am. I do a little bit of guiding and do my own taxidermy. I guess that's why I enjoy the ducks so much, because I'm always looking for that perfect mount.
Wings cupped, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dukhnter7 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:41 am

Live in the Denver area and have been hunting for the last 20 years or so. Other than waterfowl, I hunt antelope, mule deer, elk, turkey and some upland birds. I have a 12 year old daughter that has just started hunting and a 4 year old blk lab that keeps me company in the blind. Saw that H2Ofwlr and Ol' Yeller were here and figured I better sign up and keep an eye on them! :yes:
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby mudderducker » Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:28 pm

Howdy :thumbsup:

just another Texan, don't mind me. Nice site!
mudderducker
Newb

Postby newbiewaterfowler » Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:10 pm

Whats up all.I'm in Oregon and just started duck hunting last season and still do not have a kill under my belt,but I did get my first goose a couple of days ago.I've been mainly hunting upland birds.I don't really know anyone who duck hunts so I'm learning as I go,so I'll be asking alot of question,some might be dumb but bear with me.
newbiewaterfowler
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:39 am

Good afternoon! Just joined today,9/24/04. Been at it for about 10 yrs -so I've got a lot to learn. Chasing geese in PA's early season. Waiting for ducks; this starts 10/9. Glad I found this site; I can learn something!
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Hawk » Sat Sep 25, 2004 7:01 pm

Hey ya'll new to the site. Been there, done it, with the deer scene. Kinda new to shooting waterfowl. Upland birds I shot a good bit of my life. time to get the feet wet. From Vidalia (sweet oinion country) GA. Mainly pond shoot and river shoot ducks. Woodies mostly, Learning and having fun.
I like fishing for bass. Golfing, Dove hunting and working my 2 yr old lab.
I go to Wisc every year to hunt deer. got old with that and took advantage of the ducks and geese. Joined Ducks Unlimited last year Vidalia chapter. Hawk.
Butt- Belly- Beak- Boom
Hawk
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole