Duck Hunting Forum banner

Useless music knowledge...

54K views 974 replies 65 participants last post by  Professor_Leakey 
#1 ·
Who's got some... So I'll admit I'm a bit of a music nerd and harbor a bunch of useless music knowledge. C'mon I know there are some other music nerds on here. This thread may bomb hard but o well.

I'll start off.. Lynard skynard frontman Ronnie Van Zant rumored to dislike Neil Young for his lyrics in "southern man" retaliated with the lyrics " old Neil Young will remember, southern man don't need him around anyhow" from sweet home Alabama, was actually buried in a Neil young t- shirt and was a huge fan of young's work.

Pretty cool.

#3 ·
You're a clever one... But I digress, I said it was useless :thumbsup:

#5 ·
All good.. Probably after 2 in WI? Way to be the DD that's a good man.
Yeah probably a boring thread to most but just trying to throw something different out there. :beer:

#7 ·
I strongly agree, Dude Luke Bryan sucks GOAT SCROTE..no talent ass clown. Might as well listen to the Beibs lol

#9 ·
Nice I might have to try that.. Hard to beat Panteras "the great southern trend kill " in the gym though or going hunting in the morning for that manner.

#13 ·
Did you know Elvis Presley ripped off 'Hound Dog' in it's entirety from a singer by the name of Big Momma Thorton?

#15 ·
Duck_Stank said:
I am a music nerd for sure. Did you know Tony geezer of black Sabbath wrote almost all of the lyrics, and was a Catholic? Same thing with slayer and their singer.
Really..? That's crazy would have thought Ozzy wrote most of them. Didn't know that. Nice duck stank, I new I wasn't alone :thumbsup:

#16 ·
wanapasaki said:
Did you know Elvis Presley ripped off 'Hound Dog' in it's entirety from a singer by the name of Big Momma Thorton?
Didn't know that Ryan... Good stuff

#17 ·
Duck_Stank said:
sprigpig1 said:
Nice I might have to try that.. Hard to beat Panteras "the great southern trend kill " in the gym though or going hunting in the morning for that manner.
Yes!! One of my favorite albums by them. Dime played blackout boozed up every show and nailed it every time.
Hell yeah... Dime was nothing short of amazing

#18 ·
Duck_Stank said:
Along with lynyrd skynyrd, it was rumored van zant was buried in a Neil young t shirt, but this was proven false by his wife.
Really? I didn't know that.. Way to make a liar out of me duck stank lol jk

#19 ·
sprigpig1 said:
Duck_Stank said:
Along with lynyrd skynyrd, it was rumored van zant was buried in a Neil young t shirt, but this was proven false by his wife.
No you're right about the feud they had! That's what spurred that second burial rumor. I didn't notice you posted the last part... lol. I'm filled with useless music crap.

#20 ·
Even though I think he sucks.. Rod Stewart was a grave digger before he made it in music.
Kinda morbid.

#21 ·
Duck_Stank said:
sprigpig1 said:
Duck_Stank said:
No you're right about the feud they had! That's what spurred that second burial rumor. I'm filled with useless music crap.
Yes exactly... So am I brother. You're in good company :beer:

#23 ·
WisconsinWaterfowler said:
Wait I've got one. Old Crow Medicine show didn't write Wagon Wheel. Don't remember who originally did but it's quite an old song.

Sent from my awesome Galaxy S4
The one that hootie sings?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.