Duck Hunting Forum banner

CT Gun Rally At The Capitol 4/5/2014

921 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jaysweet3 
#1 ·
On April 5th there was a 2A rally at the Capitol Building in Hartford, CT. It was sponsored by the NRA and the CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League) and was held from 12pm - 3pm right in front of the very building where our rights were trampled on exactly 1 year ago, and oddly enough we stood on the same ground where our forefathers had fought for those rights some 200 years earlier, though this was more peaceful. Some may ask what was accomplished that day, and I must be honest and tell you, the tyrannical law SB1160 was not repealed that day.... But we knew that would be the case before the rally was planned. There were multiple lawsuits filed against the unjust law with funding and litigation support from multiple organizations, including but not limited to the NRA. What the rally did accomplish was getting thousands of people together to show support for each other and to those who would be representing us in November.

Thousands of men, women, and children, young and old, Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern, and everything in between stood together, not just people who liked guns, but as Americans. It was not just people from Connecticut, In fact many states were represented that day. New York, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Montana, Ohio, Colorado, Mississippi, Georgia, and I'm sure I missed a few. The Granite Staters came on a big bus and marched up to the capitol with Gadsens and chanting in unison. A small faction of the Mississippi Carry Organization attended, and Oath Keepers from all over the country were there. Many people were armed with signs, even more were just plain armed. That's right, pretty damn near every one had a gun, most carried their freedom on their hips while some had them slung on their shoulders. Everything from Revolvers to 1911's, and even a gold plated Desert Eagle could be seen, shoulder holsters to drop leg rigs, and the occasional ankle gun. Shotguns and rifles, M1A's and M1 Garands, 30-30 levers to 12 ga pumps and autos, and even a Full auto. And all were out in the open for everyone to see, and not one person was shot that day, at least where we were. It was probably the safest place in the world that day, and I'm sure a few liberal's heads exploded learning that there were that many armed people standing together and not one shot was fired. So much for their theories on armed societies.

So now we wait until November for the elections or until SB 1160 makes it to the Supreme Court. In the mean time much can be done to help the cause, and not just in Connecticut. So get to know and support your Local 2A friendly organizations as well as prospective Politicians, Statesmen, and other elected officials. And if you would like to help CT, donations are always welcome by the NRA and CCDL.

My bald head and the side of my beard can be seen in this pic, as well as my FNX45 on my hip.

See less See more
#5 ·
We have a similar day in Illinois called IGOLD. Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day. I've been a handful of times, nothing ever changes. Every chicken sh!t politician, makes sure to be out of office that day.

People would freak out in Illinois if a bunch of guys showed up on the Capital steps with rifles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.