Favorite current country artists

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Favorite current country artists

Postby NVDuckSlapper » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:05 am

What are your guys' favorite country singers that are on The radio right now? I can't get into a lot of the stuff thats been playing lately, too many remixes and special effects or whatever. Chris Young definitely is a favorite of mine though.
"Federal Tax Refund. Three beautiful words that could easily be turned into three other beautiful words: floating goose decoys."
NVDuckSlapper
hunter

Re: Favorite current country artists

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:18 am

NVDuckSlapper wrote:What are your guys' favorite country singers that are on The radio right now? I can't get into a lot of the stuff thats been playing lately, too many remixes and special effects or whatever. Chris Young definitely is a favorite of mine though.

England, Australia. As long as they sing in English there are always some good singers in every country! :thumbsup:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby TexasPuddleJumper » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:56 am

Turnpike troubadors, whiskey meyers, zane williams, william clark green... You have to get the heck away from nashville and bakersfeild in order to find the good artists.

Sent via smoke signal
I'm not saying that it shouldn't be done, I'm just saying it is ill advised...
TexasPuddleJumper
hunter

Postby KRB » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:06 am

Jamey Johnson, old school
KRB
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:18 am

I used to like country music a lot. At this point though I've all but quit, might as well turn on the pop station.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:30 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
NVDuckSlapper wrote:What are your guys' favorite country singers that are on The radio right now? I can't get into a lot of the stuff thats been playing lately, too many remixes and special effects or whatever. Chris Young definitely is a favorite of mine though.

England, Australia. As long as they sing in English there are always some good singers in every country! :thumbsup:

Jim just so I understand, it's okay to crack jokes on a music thread as long as the thread is about country music?

Maybe we should get the pig to weigh in on this, he seems to think he has the rules figured out.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:03 am

Botiz630 wrote:I used to like country music a lot. At this point though I've all but quit, might as well turn on the pop station.

Yep!
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:07 am

Brantley Gilbert

:sarcmark:
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:25 am

Kellie Pickler :yes:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby widuckhunter1 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 am

Justin Moore
Born to hunt, forced to work.
widuckhunter1
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:54 am

Alan Jackson, Merle Haggard are the first two to come to mind. Its hard to find a true country artist now days. I do like the harmonies of the Zac Brown Band though,
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:03 am

Botiz630 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

Jim just so I understand, it's okay to crack jokes on a music thread as long as the thread is about country music?

Maybe we should get the pig to weigh in on this, he seems to think he has the rules figured out.

I understand now, botiz. My apologies for past statements. Neither pig, nor I, saw what we are referring to as an attempt at humor. Worse still, I consider myself pretty much the king of posting statements that I think are funny, only to later realize it is all in the way it is taken, so I should give the most benefit of the doubt!
I recently posted a PM to WTN that was alcohol-fueled drivel that at the time I thought would be considered a riot. Later inspection showed it to be inane and non-sensical, and simply puzzling to him. He was cool enough, and, rightly, pretty much uncaring enough of anything I say ( :lol3: ) to just query what the heck I was talking about. I had to admit that I couldn't really even explain my "schtick"......but it sure was funny in my mind that night! :no:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:12 am

OGblackcloud wrote:Kellie Pickler :yes:
Yes Sir
kellie-pickler2b.jpg
kellie-pickler2b.jpg (23.07 KiB) Viewed 947 times
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:14 am

Glimmerjim wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

I understand now, botiz. My apologies for past statements. Neither pig, nor I, saw what we are referring to as an attempt at humor. Worse still, I consider myself pretty much the king of posting statements that I think are funny, only to later realize it is all in the way it is taken, so I should give the most benefit of the doubt!
I recently posted a PM to WTN that was alcohol-fueled drivel that at the time I thought would be considered a riot. Later inspection showed it to be inane and non-sensical, and simply puzzling to him. He was cool enough, and, rightly, pretty much uncaring enough of anything I say ( :lol3: ) to just query what the heck I was talking about. I had to admit that I couldn't really even explain my "schtick"......but it sure was funny in my mind that night! :no:

No hard feelings on my end, mostly just couldn't pass up the opportunity to return fire.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby t_baker » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:20 am

Am I the only one that sees the long winded nonsense responses from Jim, and just bypasses them?
t_baker
hunter

Postby NVDuckSlapper » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:24 am

KRB wrote:Jamey Johnson, old school

There we go
"Federal Tax Refund. Three beautiful words that could easily be turned into three other beautiful words: floating goose decoys."
NVDuckSlapper
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:34 am

Botiz630 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:
Glimmerjim wrote:

No hard feelings on my end, mostly just couldn't pass up the opportunity to return fire.

:beer: Although, considering everything, that might not be the most appropriate smiley to post! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:37 am

More Pickler less smiley faces would be ok with this old guy LOL
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
State Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:38 am

t_baker wrote:Am I the only one that sees the long winded nonsense responses from Jim, and just bypasses them?

Just guessing, but perhaps reading isn't as much of a challenge for most. Kudos for the old "college try", though! :lol3:
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:39 am

Glimmer`s OK he`s a stoner from way back
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:44 am

for glimmer

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:48 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:for glimmer

Perfect :thumbsup: :beer: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52 am

OGblackcloud wrote:Glimmer`s OK he`s a stoner from way back

:lol3: :beer: