What's the worst hunter's harassment you've experienced?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: What's the worst hunter's harassment you've experienced?

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:21 am

I think the real problem here is North Carolina.
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 am

Are you hunting on some guys lawn? There are people that take really good care of their lawns
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:30 am

To quote the late great Robert Redford "In fact you've got your hands tied behind your back when somebody chooses to take a low road in to you, there is nothing you can do about it, and so you just live with it and move on."

I personally am a fan of throwing corn into peoples spots that steal my spots that I've been hunting forever and then calling the game warden or hiding a few pintails or redheads under their blind. That'll teach them that locals are the only real hunters.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby sprigs4days » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:33 am

whistlin_wings wrote:To quote the late great Robert Redford "In fact you've got your hands tied behind your back when somebody chooses to take a low road in to you, there is nothing you can do about it, and so you just live with it and move on."

I personally am a fan of throwing corn into peoples spots that steal my spots that I've been hunting forever and then calling the game warden or hiding a few pintails or redheads under their blind. That'll teach them that locals are the only real hunters.

WHAT!! When did Redford die?
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby MSparks909 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:50 pm

WTN10 wrote:I hate him already.

MSparks909
hunter

Postby MSparks909 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Botiz630 wrote:Are you sure these incidents are related to duck hunting? I mean, maybe you're just not a likable person and folks would come after you regardless of what you were doing.

I like to think I'm a likeable guy. Why don't you plan a trip to NC and I'll take you on a hunt?
MSparks909
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:53 pm

MSparks909 wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:Are you sure these incidents are related to duck hunting? I mean, maybe you're just not a likable person and folks would come after you regardless of what you were doing.

I like to think I'm a likeable guy. Why don't you plan a trip to NC and I'll take you on a hunt?

Titz would drop your gun in the lake before you get a shot off.
I hope someday someone remembers this old dog with kindness and gives me to a puppy.

-Gene Hill

fadetoblack188 wrote:forget i asked.. mods please delete.. the scum bags on this site are overwhelming.
OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby MSparks909 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:

Sounds like a nice guy :thumbsup:
MSparks909
hunter

Postby OHIODUCKA5 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:55 pm

MSparks909 wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:

Titz is a great guy. I'd hunt or fish with him in a heartbeat. I'd just make sure all my stuff floats.

-Gene Hill

OHIODUCKA5
hunter

Postby Locked&Loaded » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:05 pm

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:

Titz is a great guy. I'd hunt or fish with him in a heartbeat. I'd just make sure all my stuff floats.

He's a wanker. He doesn't enjoy banana bread like real men should.
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 pm

MSparks909 wrote:

I lived in SC for awhile, and have spent enough time in NC for work to understand that avoiding going back there should remain a top priority.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby WTN10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 pm

I've hated everyone I've met from NC. Except Grizz, but he's from Louisiana.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:

If we ever happen to fish or hunt together everything you own is going overboard.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby TheMiz » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:21 pm

MSparks909 wrote:
TheMiz wrote:BTW have any of you seen the BS the duck hunters in Australia have to take from the non-hunters their? It's INSANE.

Care to elaborate? I didn't know there was duck hunting in Australia. Add one thing to the bucket list...

People walking around the marsh at dawn in bright clothes and blowing whistles to scare off ducks and other stuff that most normal people wouldn't have time for.

Idiots like this lady (protester who got shot):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBnSJURXSKs

Or this BS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuVeD9TlfM

I think they have started passing laws to deal with those hooligans though.
TheMiz
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:23 pm

:huh:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby whistlin_wings » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:28 pm

sprigs4days wrote:
whistlin_wings wrote:To quote the late great Robert Redford "In fact you've got your hands tied behind your back when somebody chooses to take a low road in to you, there is nothing you can do about it, and so you just live with it and move on."

WHAT!! When did Redford die?

He didn't. I just pulled a random irrelevant quote to add to this worthwhile topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
whistlin_wings
State Moderator

Postby Locked&Loaded » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
Locked&Loaded wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:
OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:

If we ever happen to fish or hunt together everything you own is going overboard.

Knowing it's going to happen again, I've been brainstorming on the best option for cleaning dog poop out of the boat. Problem solved!
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Touché
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby aunt betty » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:00 pm

Was hunting public ground for pheasants. A man roared up in his truck screaming and hollering about how he'd released birds on the ground to hunt with his hawk. (Falconry nut)
Said, "call the game warden on yourself for hunter harassment". Then I called and reported him as he stood there. It was thanksgiving day. No law enforcement available. It was an interesting standoff but we had guns, he didn't. lol
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
memberhip was not approved

Postby TXducksanddeer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:25 pm

clampdaddy wrote:Haven't had any bad experiences but I did have one that was actually quite pleasurable. A friend and I were crow hunting on my families property when out of nowhere a pair of animal loving do-gooders showed up and tried to tell us that we were trespassing and that that we had to pack up and leave. I instantly knew that they were hippie squatters from the neighboring property where the owner gets raided for drugs on an almost semi annual basis. I let them know that they were he ones who were in fact trespassing, that they needed to leave, and that we would not stop hunting. They got all flustered and asked why we were shooting crows to which I replied "because it's fun". "So you aren't even going to eat them?!!!!", one replied. To which I answered "Nope, but feel free to take as many as you want.". My buddy started laughing at them which really pissed them off and they started calling us every name in the book. As we laughed at them a flock of crows came in and we opened up, dropping three birds out of the flock which came down all around them. They were absolutely furious and they really started screaming at us. :lol3: :lol3: One crow tried to hobble off so I ran it down and stomped its head to dispatch it. The look on their faces was priceless. Eventually they figured that they couldn't do anything to stop us so they left, utterly disgusted. :lol3:

What you did didn't solve anything. In fact it probably made it worse. Don't be the bad guy.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 pm

aunt betty wrote:Was hunting public ground for pheasants. A man roared up in his truck screaming and hollering about how he'd released birds on the ground to hunt with his hawk. (Falconry nut)
Said, "call the game warden on yourself for hunter harassment". Then I called and reported him as he stood there. It was thanksgiving day. No law enforcement available. It was an interesting standoff but we had guns, he didn't. lol

Why are you posting here, hypocrite?
2014 Season Totals:
WTN10
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Haven't had any bad experiences but I did have one that was actually quite pleasurable. A friend and I were crow hunting on my families property when out of nowhere a pair of animal loving do-gooders showed up and tried to tell us that we were trespassing and that that we had to pack up and leave. I instantly knew that they were hippie squatters from the neighboring property where the owner gets raided for drugs on an almost semi annual basis. I let them know that they were he ones who were in fact trespassing, that they needed to leave, and that we would not stop hunting. They got all flustered and asked why we were shooting crows to which I replied "because it's fun". "So you aren't even going to eat them?!!!!", one replied. To which I answered "Nope, but feel free to take as many as you want.". My buddy started laughing at them which really pissed them off and they started calling us every name in the book. As we laughed at them a flock of crows came in and we opened up, dropping three birds out of the flock which came down all around them. They were absolutely furious and they really started screaming at us. :lol3: :lol3: One crow tried to hobble off so I ran it down and stomped its head to dispatch it. The look on their faces was priceless. Eventually they figured that they couldn't do anything to stop us so they left, utterly disgusted. :lol3:

What you did didn't solve anything. In fact it probably made it worse. Don't be the bad guy.

Wrong. What he did was awesome.
2014 Season Totals:
WTN10
hunter

Postby KRB » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Never been bothered by anti hunters, but in my 20's had a big black lab named Bo who would give me dirty looks if I missed. It was hurtful.
KRB
hunter

Postby sprigs4days » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:43 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:

You just blow in from stupid town?
"Three can keep a secret, if two are dead"
sprigs4days
hunter

Postby TXducksanddeer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:49 pm

sprigs4days wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:

You just blow in from stupid town?

Wow, I haven't heard that one since second grade.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole