What's the worst hunter's harassment you've experienced?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

Re: What's the worst hunter's harassment you've experienced?

Postby bighop » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:53 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Haven't had any bad experiences but I did have one that was actually quite pleasurable. A friend and I were crow hunting on my families property when out of nowhere a pair of animal loving do-gooders showed up and tried to tell us that we were trespassing and that that we had to pack up and leave. I instantly knew that they were hippie squatters from the neighboring property where the owner gets raided for drugs on an almost semi annual basis. I let them know that they were he ones who were in fact trespassing, that they needed to leave, and that we would not stop hunting. They got all flustered and asked why we were shooting crows to which I replied "because it's fun". "So you aren't even going to eat them?!!!!", one replied. To which I answered "Nope, but feel free to take as many as you want.". My buddy started laughing at them which really pissed them off and they started calling us every name in the book. As we laughed at them a flock of crows came in and we opened up, dropping three birds out of the flock which came down all around them. They were absolutely furious and they really started screaming at us. :lol3: :lol3: One crow tried to hobble off so I ran it down and stomped its head to dispatch it. The look on their faces was priceless. Eventually they figured that they couldn't do anything to stop us so they left, utterly disgusted. :lol3:

What you did didn't solve anything. In fact it probably made it worse. Don't be the bad guy.

You just blow in from stupid town?

Wow, I haven't heard that one since second grade.

A whole year ago?
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:56 pm

WTN10 wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Was hunting public ground for pheasants. A man roared up in his truck screaming and hollering about how he'd released birds on the ground to hunt with his hawk. (Falconry nut)
Said, "call the game warden on yourself for hunter harassment". Then I called and reported him as he stood there. It was thanksgiving day. No law enforcement available. It was an interesting standoff but we had guns, he didn't. lol

Why are you posting here, hypocrite?

Come on Wonton! You know everyone is welcome here.

Everyone but TK that is.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby bighop » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:57 pm

La. Hunter wrote:
WTN10 wrote:
aunt betty wrote:Was hunting public ground for pheasants. A man roared up in his truck screaming and hollering about how he'd released birds on the ground to hunt with his hawk. (Falconry nut)
Said, "call the game warden on yourself for hunter harassment". Then I called and reported him as he stood there. It was thanksgiving day. No law enforcement available. It was an interesting standoff but we had guns, he didn't. lol

Why are you posting here, hypocrite?

Come on Wonton! You know everyone is welcome here.

Everyone but TK that is.

And Clyde. And thatdudewhoduckhunts.
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby black_duck » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Never been harassed in NC. Have shot at couple people though and burned down some blinds for fun. Hope that wasn't your blind Sparks

NC theres only one area where this type of stuff happens but everywhere else is relatively fine. Core sound, its all outlaws.
Theres a reason they call it the gold coast
black_duck
hunter

Postby TXducksanddeer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:02 pm

bighop wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:Haven't had any bad experiences but I did have one that was actually quite pleasurable. A friend and I were crow hunting on my families property when out of nowhere a pair of animal loving do-gooders showed up and tried to tell us that we were trespassing and that that we had to pack up and leave. I instantly knew that they were hippie squatters from the neighboring property where the owner gets raided for drugs on an almost semi annual basis. I let them know that they were he ones who were in fact trespassing, that they needed to leave, and that we would not stop hunting. They got all flustered and asked why we were shooting crows to which I replied "because it's fun". "So you aren't even going to eat them?!!!!", one replied. To which I answered "Nope, but feel free to take as many as you want.". My buddy started laughing at them which really pissed them off and they started calling us every name in the book. As we laughed at them a flock of crows came in and we opened up, dropping three birds out of the flock which came down all around them. They were absolutely furious and they really started screaming at us. :lol3: :lol3: One crow tried to hobble off so I ran it down and stomped its head to dispatch it. The look on their faces was priceless. Eventually they figured that they couldn't do anything to stop us so they left, utterly disgusted. :lol3:

What you did didn't solve anything. In fact it probably made it worse. Don't be the bad guy.

A whole year ago?

I expected that. And as usual you delivered.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:32 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:

Which time?
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby OGblackcloud » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:43 pm

Botiz630 wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:
sprigs4days wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:

Which time?

The time that girl punched him in the stomach and made him cry
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby TXducksanddeer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Dang y'all multiply like spiders. What did I do wrong exactly?
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:52 pm

You guys are a bunch of bitches. I like to have a good fist fight before every duck hunt.
t_baker
hunter

Postby t_baker » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:53 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:Dang y'all multiply like spiders. What did I do wrong exactly?

Pipe down puss in boots
t_baker
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:36 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:

Really? Trespassing anti hunter hippies try to run me off my own families land, I held my ground, continued to hunt in spite of their harassment, and I'm the bad guy? They left, we kept hunting. That goes down in my book as "problem solved". The fact that they left utterly butt hurt over the ordeal just made it all that much more satisfying to me. Still does actually.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby TXducksanddeer » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:50 pm

clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:

Really? Trespassing anti hunter hippies try to run me off my own families land, I held my ground, continued to hunt in spite of their harassment, and I'm the bad guy? They left, we kept hunting. That goes down in my book as "problem solved". The fact that they left utterly butt hurt over the ordeal just made it all that much more satisfying to me. Still does actually.

That's not what I'm trying to say. Running them off I agree with, they had no right to be there. I don't agree with their views either, since I know crows are pests. What I don't agree with is the way you handled it. You don't have to behave like a ****. It will most likely lead to more hate instead of understanding.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:20 pm

TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:

That's not what I'm trying to say. Running them off I agree with, they had no right to be there. I don't agree with their views either, since I know crows are pests. What I don't agree with is the way you handled it. You don't have to behave like a ****. It will most likely lead to more hate instead of understanding.

You steal that last line from a John Lennon song or something? How should I have handled it? Spend hours of my prime hunting time trying to convince them that they are wrong? Screw that. I'm not going to get huggy-feely with some ass hats that show up with the intent to purposely ruin my hunt. I was minding my own business, they came in with hate, they left with butt hurt (which they could have avoided if they left the property when I told them to).
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby MinnesotaDan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 am

Had some dude park his minivan on the road I was trying to hunt coyotes next too and he just chilled there until I left and just glared at me.

Had a dude tell me to get lost from a spot I was hunting legally. I left but then came back 10 minutes later and shot a grip of ducks.
Nobody cares about your season totals.
MinnesotaDan
hunter

Postby KRB » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:14 am

clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:

You steal that last line from a John Lennon song or something? How should I have handled it? Spend hours of my prime hunting time trying to convince them that they are wrong? Screw that. I'm not going to get huggy-feely with some ass hats that show up with the intent to purposely ruin my hunt. I was minding my own business, they came in with hate, they left with butt hurt (which they could have avoided if they left the property when I told them to).

I think Clamp showed more restraint than I would have. Public land is one thing, some one messing with me on my family's property would not end well.
KRB
hunter

Postby TXducksanddeer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:15 am

clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:

Ok. Do whatever you want. Obviously you are always right. I don't really care anymore.
TXducksanddeer
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:48 am

TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:

Ok. Do whatever you want. Obviously you are always right. I don't really care anymore.

Yes you do.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:14 am

TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:
clampdaddy wrote:
TXducksanddeer wrote:

That's better. I will. Usually am. Boo-hoo.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:06 am

Clamp I agree cept I might have taken them on to jail here in GA. I can't do them quote things like yall do, anywho, the one time I had a problem, well hunter harassment is against the law here in GA. Only time I have ever pointed a gun at someone on a hunt, the lil SOB was making a stalk on my goose decoys where I was set up on a point of an island, He was dropped off by a boat and actually came about 6-700 yards to stalk my decoys, told him if he pulled his trigger, I was gonna pull mine and to get the h*ll on. Hel left in a hurry!! :yes:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby Duck Nasty » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 am

I was hunting on camp lejeune here in east nc. It was about 15 min before LST and a base game warden wanted to come check my stuff out even though I was hunting a public marsh bordering the base which the warden still has authority over. The problem was he wanted to do a full shock standing at my blind and could not get a hold of his headquarters to check my base privileges out. Well he ended up staying there as birds were flying over and not leaving until about 30 min after shooting time. Needless to say it was annoying. Then was at my truck when I left to check my take when I left. He must have been bored.

I was hunting in one of the game lands that opens at 4. I was there and went in at 4. The group showed up 20 min before shooting time. I shined them off with the light they responded with we got you and the unexperienced guy in their group was asking the other why we were going so close to them. He responded with we only have to be 50yds away. When I saw where they were going to set up I asked if they were serious Turned into a heated argument they left before 8 and I got back to flat tires on my truck. Huey were members on here too
Duck Nasty
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:23 am

Duck Nasty wrote:I was hunting on camp lejeune here in east nc. It was about 15 min before LST and a base game warden wanted to come check my stuff out even though I was hunting a public marsh bordering the base which the warden still has authority over. The problem was he wanted to do a full shock standing at my blind and could not get a hold of his headquarters to check my base privileges out. Well he ended up staying there as birds were flying over and not leaving until about 30 min after shooting time. Needless to say it was annoying. Then was at my truck when I left to check my take when I left. He must have been bored.

I was hunting in one of the game lands that opens at 4. I was there and went in at 4. The group showed up 20 min before shooting time. I shined them off with the light they responded with we got you and the unexperienced guy in their group was asking the other why we were going so close to them. He responded with we only have to be 50yds away. When I saw where they were going to set up I asked if they were serious Turned into a heated argument they left before 8 and I got back to flat tires on my truck. Huey were members on here too

Should have posted their screen names.
Holy Molly
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby KAhunter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:58 am

Duck Nasty wrote:I was hunting on camp lejeune here in east nc. It was about 15 min before LST and a base game warden wanted to come check my stuff out even though I was hunting a public marsh bordering the base which the warden still has authority over. The problem was he wanted to do a full shock standing at my blind and could not get a hold of his headquarters to check my base privileges out. Well he ended up staying there as birds were flying over and not leaving until about 30 min after shooting time. Needless to say it was annoying. Then was at my truck when I left to check my take when I left. He must have been bored.

That sounds about right on the gamelands. I had guys do the same thing and se tup 75 yards directly in front of us. We showed them where we were and everything. Had a guy this year get mad cause we kept beating him out and getting the spot so he through a fit and road through my decoys and was a big bitch about it. Came back to a flat tire on that one. I have had guys backstand our land and shoot swinging ducks while trespassing. That was fun.
NE NC can be ridiculous some times. People can be real jerks just to shoot a duck.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby possumfoot » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 am

glad i don't have to worry a bout slashed tires.. cause if i did i would be in jail.. cut my tires, wake up to your house on fire..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 am

possumfoot wrote:glad i don't have to worry a bout slashed tires.. cause if i did i would be in jail.. cut my tires, wake up to your house on fire..

Yep its not fun. I saw your other post about people shooting ducks as they swing to come into your spot. I know of a spot where guys have stopped hunting it because the neighbors where shooting birds that were coming into their impoundment. Ruined the hunting for them and they just gave up the spot. Its bs and I had to confront a group of guys who were doing just that and were trespassing as well. It didnt come to blows or anything but i had some words and the game wardens know and I am gonna do my best to make sure they dont do it again.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:08 pm

There's a guy down here on our peninsula that plants 10's of thousands of acres of winter wheat. It's about the only thing that draws geese to the area off the refuges. He leases up a ton of land just to keep it unhunted. He hunts a few days a year and slaughters them, but it's not hard when they've been coming to the same field for months unmolested.

A local guide reportedly set up on the fenceline on him once. He strolled over and said if he didn't leave now and if he ever did that again, all of that wheat would be plowed under, not replanted and there wouldn't be a goose around for a good while.

His fencelines are clear now...
Rick Hall 2016
bighop
Sugar Daddy

PreviousNext

Return to The Honey Hole