What's the worst hunter's harassment you've experienced?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Re: What's the worst hunter's harassment you've experienced?

Postby MODuckkiller » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:40 pm

Some Biologist checked to see if I had bird flu.....
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:42 am

OHIODUCKA5 wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:
Botiz630 wrote:Are you sure these incidents are related to duck hunting? I mean, maybe you're just not a likable person and folks would come after you regardless of what you were doing.

I like to think I'm a likeable guy. Why don't you plan a trip to NC and I'll take you on a hunt?

Titz would drop your gun in the lake before you get a shot off.

1000 points to OhioduckA5!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:53 am

I am glad we have the strongest hunter harassment laws in the nation here in Louisiana. I know a couple of game wardens that love going on stake outs on public land to set people straight when they try to claim blinds on public land.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby OmegaRed » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:32 am

I had a non hunter come in my blind. He just kept farting. Everytime a duck would set in, he'd fart and scare the ducks off. They thought it was a bad duck call. It wasn't. It was a fart. I don't know if it was the smell (because ducks are on of the top smelling species) or if the sounds of wet farts was the problem. This non hunter continued to follow me back to my truck. I'd think I'd hear a boot getting stuck in the mud, when in fact, it was a juicy fart. Every step, a small squeak. Finally I had to leave my blind and haven't been back since. The End.
Locked&Loaded wrote:
Ohio- what would it run me to have you drop by to rape my dog and set this boat on fire?
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:43 am

TheMiz wrote:
MSparks909 wrote:
TheMiz wrote:Or this BS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuVeD9TlfM

I think they have started passing laws to deal with those hooligans though.

A well placed rifle round to the outboard, shot from a good hide would alleviate most of their problems.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Postby Bluesky2012 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 am

Duck Nasty wrote:I was hunting on camp lejeune here in east nc. It was about 15 min before LST and a base game warden wanted to come check my stuff out even though I was hunting a public marsh bordering the base which the warden still has authority over. The problem was he wanted to do a full shock standing at my blind and could not get a hold of his headquarters to check my base privileges out. Well he ended up staying there as birds were flying over and not leaving until about 30 min after shooting time. Needless to say it was annoying. Then was at my truck when I left to check my take when I left. He must have been bored.

I was hunting in one of the game lands that opens at 4. I was there and went in at 4. The group showed up 20 min before shooting time. I shined them off with the light they responded with we got you and the unexperienced guy in their group was asking the other why we were going so close to them. He responded with we only have to be 50yds away. When I saw where they were going to set up I asked if they were serious Turned into a heated argument they left before 8 and I got back to flat tires on my truck. Huey were members on here too

Had the same thing happen with the game wardens here a few times. Very frustrating.

I was bow hunting and left a ground blind out there overnight. My buddy went there mid morning the next day Cus I let him hunt my spot and a guy put him stand not 10 yards I front of my ground blind. He obviously saw my blind and decided to spot poach. My buddy left a nice steamy present in the jerk stands seat and left.
"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"If you don't chew big red, then f- you"
Bluesky2012
hunter

Postby WTN10 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:13 am

I was trying to pick up two new subjects at the local Autozone because no one ever looks for illegals. As I'm asking around, one of them comes up and says something in Spanish to everyone and from then on, no one would talk to me. Had to go back to hitchhikers.
2014 Season Totals:
Mallards: 243
Redheads: 114
Woodducks: 119
Grebes: 36
Blue Geese: 134
Snow Geese: 178
Hawks: 4
WTN10
hunter

Postby ohioboy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:47 pm

WTN10 wrote:I was trying to pick up two new subjects at the local Autozone because no one ever looks for illegals. As I'm asking around, one of them comes up and says something in Spanish to everyone and from then on, no one would talk to me. Had to go back to hitchhikers.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

well done sir.
ohioboy
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:22 pm

I had a lady stand on the side of a field we were hunting and yell "Go ducks go!" Every time geese would fly over.
It needs more cowbell.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby beretta24 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:25 pm

Botiz630 wrote:I had a lady stand on the side of a field we were hunting and yell "Go ducks go!" Every time geese would fly over.

Maybe she liked you and was just trying to help.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby t_baker » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:28 pm

I been watching a couple walk around my turkey woods all night. Watched their dog chase off a big group I been watching for 2 weeks every night. They are about to the road now. I'm gonna harass them.
t_baker
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole