Craigslist is sometimes great.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Craigslist is sometimes great.

Postby Reger124 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Got this whole setup on craigslist for $300 from a really nice guy who gave my brother and I a lot of pointers on goose hunting. Sometimes being bored at work and messing around works in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reger124
hunter

Re: Craigslist is sometimes great.

Postby Dep6 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 am

Sometimes it pays to surf for sure, looks like you found a great deal there!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:56 am

Dep6 wrote:Sometimes it pays to surf for sure, looks like you found a great deal there!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yup i picked up 2 full size mojos and 2 higdeon butt pumps for $100 :eek: Ole boy left his wife for another lady! :lol3:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:02 am

Must be nice with all that green grass :sad:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby cobbeaux » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:27 am

Guess I need to start checking Craigslist as well.
Awwww man, I can't believe I did dat!

Red Leg Waterfowl Field Staff
cobbeaux
hunter

Postby Reger124 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:31 am

This guy was having his first kid so he was creating some extra space. And the green grass is pretty nice other than it is growing to fast for me to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reger124
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:37 am

and sometimes people smoke crack while posting....like this guy that posted a 3hp outboard for $1000 claiming it would push a 14 footer low-20's with 2 people in it....

http://tuscaloosa.craigslist.org/boa/4426592649.html
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:40 am

GomerPyle wrote:and sometimes people smoke crack while posting....like this guy that posted a 3hp outboard for $1000 claiming it would push a 14 footer low-20's with 2 people in it....

http://tuscaloosa.craigslist.org/boa/4426592649.html

Theres more of those these days than good deals!!! See people always selling old duck decoys for triple what they were worth brand new!! :rolleyes: Craigslist has made everyone think their stuff is worth gold! use to could find some good deals on there... Now its few and far between and if you find a good deal you better jump! I called the lady right away and drove 1 hours on the drop of dime to pick those decoys up monday!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby sharris » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 am

I've found some very good deals on it and try to check regularly. Two years ago I got a dozen goose floater, 4 dozen duck floaters and a brand new box of those NRA folding teal decoys for free. The guy was just getting rid of his excess since he bought new.

Actually the best deal I got was a bunch of blocks for free that a guy had been collecting to build a garage and changed his mind. Really sucked to hand load but I told my wife I couldn't' say now to $1500 worth of free bricks anymore than I could to $1500 in cash just sitting around waiting to be picked up. It cost about $300 worth of gas, trailer rental, and some pizza and beer for my buddies that came and helped.

sharris
hunter

Postby cobbeaux » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:18 pm

sharris wrote:I've found some very good deals on it and try to check regularly. Two years ago I got a dozen goose floater, 4 dozen duck floaters and a brand new box of those NRA folding teal decoys for free. The guy was just getting rid of his excess since he bought new.

Actually the best deal I got was a bunch of blocks for free that a guy had been collecting to build a garage and changed his mind. Really sucked to hand load but I told my wife I couldn't' say now to $1500 worth of free bricks anymore than I could to $1500 in cash just sitting around waiting to be picked up. It cost about $300 worth of gas, trailer rental, and some pizza and beer for my buddies that came and helped.

Question is: "What the hell yah gonna do with all that brick?"

cobbeaux
hunter

Postby bighop » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 pm

cobbeaux wrote:
sharris wrote:I've found some very good deals on it and try to check regularly. Two years ago I got a dozen goose floater, 4 dozen duck floaters and a brand new box of those NRA folding teal decoys for free. The guy was just getting rid of his excess since he bought new.

Hopefully he's gonna build a shithouse.
Rick Hall 2016
He'll turn it all around. Unless he doesn't.
bighop
Sugar Daddy

Postby OGblackcloud » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:34 pm

bighop wrote:
cobbeaux wrote:

Hopefully he's gonna build a shithouse.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby sharris » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:44 am

They're long gone. I was going to use them to build an outdoor kitchen with oven and smoker but decided I didn't have time for that project so I sold them. Made about $1100 after my costs. Then I got hit with the wife tax of $500 and the wife maintenance fee of $350 (i.e. take the wife, neighbor, and neighbor's wife out to dinner and the bar to thank them all for their help again) and had just enough left over to cover the cost of building a hybrid NL V-hull duck boat.
sharris
hunter

Postby cobbeaux » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:15 am

sharris wrote:They're long gone. I was going to use them to build an outdoor kitchen with oven and smoker but decided I didn't have time for that project so I sold them. Made about $1100 after my costs. Then I got hit with the wife tax of $500 and the wife maintenance fee of $350 (i.e. take the wife, neighbor, and neighbor's wife out to dinner and the bar to thank them all for their help again) and had just enough left over to cover the cost of building a hybrid NL V-hull duck boat.

Yeah, those wife taxes can be pretty hefty. I'm sure she claimed that when you bought the bricks to begin with, that you were indeed using her money in which to do so. Am I right or am I right?

cobbeaux
hunter

Postby sharris » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:30 am

You must be married. All of the money I earn is "our money" so she feels entitled to her cut...
sharris
hunter

Postby cobbeaux » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:04 am

Hahaha. Was it that obvious?

cobbeaux
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole