Turkey Hunting is a Disease

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Turkey Hunting is a Disease

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Sorry, don't think vimeo can be embedded here.......looks like it will be a cool movie - here's the trailer

http://vimeo.com/91584334
At the advice of my attorney, I issue the following disclaimer:

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Re: Turkey Hunting is a Disease

Postby KRB » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Looks like a cool movie.
KRB
hunter

Postby cobbeaux » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:42 pm

Wouldn't know. Never had any urges to hunt the thunder chickens.
Awwww man, I can't believe I did dat!

Red Leg Waterfowl Field Staff
cobbeaux
hunter

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 pm

cobbeaux wrote:Wouldn't know. Never had any urges to hunt the thunder chickens.

I had absolutely zero interest in it until a few yrs ago.....then literally out of the blue one day I decided I REALLY wanted to try it. buddy took me a few times last year, didn't kill one but heard them gobble a few times and had a couple of birds working - I was hooked. I've got 7 more days this season to get my first turkey. *fingers crossed*

"This post may or may not be intended as humor and/or sarcasm and does not necessarily reflect the actual views of the poster."
GomerPyle
hunter

Postby cobbeaux » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:10 pm

GomerPyle wrote:

I had absolutely zero interest in it until a few yrs ago.....then literally out of the blue one day I decided I REALLY wanted to try it. buddy took me a few times last year, didn't kill one but heard them gobble a few times and had a couple of birds working - I was hooked. I've got 7 more days this season to get my first turkey. *fingers crossed*

I had a buddy ask me earlier this year if I either hunted/wanted to hunt them. I may consider it for next season.
Awwww man, I can't believe I did dat!

Red Leg Waterfowl Field Staff
cobbeaux
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:21 pm

A movie about Cujo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A year from now, you'll wish you had started today.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Postby GomerPyle » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:27 pm

cobbeaux wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:

I had a buddy ask me earlier this year if I either hunted/wanted to hunt them. I may consider it for next season.

let's put it this way.......I killed my first buck this past deer season, after 14yrs of deer hunting. I haven't killed a turkey yet, but I've called a few in and just hearing them respond to calling and come in, even though I haven't shot one yet, was WAY more exciting than killing my first buck.

GomerPyle
hunter

Postby Cujo1 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:04 pm

I like turkey hunting
All turkeys must die!

bighop wrote:Destined to be a child of the system now. Bounced around from house to house, abused, mistreated, earning his way on the streets. There's probably an expensive crack habit and a pair of those hind-leg wheels in his near futre.
Cujo1
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:15 pm

cobbeaux wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:

Don't do it! You will have less money to spend on duck stuff! Thunder chickens are fun/work/rush/ a huge pain in the rear!!!
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Cujo1 wrote:I like turkey hunting

turkey hunting is da devil!!!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby possumfoot » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:05 pm

ehh.. took me 5 days to kill my 4.. i like eating them.. most of my turkey hunts are just early starts to morell hunting so i don't care too much if i kill em or not, but hey, if they want to make it that easy..
WTN10 wrote:He was funny like a Pomeranian getting kicked over a fence.

pgquackstacker wrote:I actually started bringing a gun with me on dates, so I bring the girl's father out to my car and tell him if he tries to cock-block me I'll kill him.
possumfoot
hunter

Postby 18javelin » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Here turkey turkey... Gobble gobble yo....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Underradar wrote:Well, its sad really. One day he's happily posting pics of road killed coyotes he posed as if he shot them, the next, he's stomped down the shower drain like a soft turd.
18javelin
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 am

Theres not a whole lot of turkeys in my state. Or atleast in my neck of the woods. Theres always been a season for them but their numbers have always been so low, that not many people hunted them. Well, now in the past 3 years or so, their numbers have taken off with the help of the state and NTF. Wouldnt ya know, the state steps in and makes it mandatory to take a turkey hunting class. I refuse to go after them cause 1- Ive never seen one while hunting, so I still think their a myth, and 2- Ive been hunting longer then the class has been around and dont need some wang telling me how to hunt and the state taking any more of my money.
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole