wild rice

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

wild rice

Postby sapper35 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:21 am

Well everyone i just got permission to hunt a marsh close to home for next season. Its in the middle of two big fields. It has winter wheat in at the moment ans then i believe it will have corn or soy beans in it this fall. Its about 3 or 4 acre marsh surrounded by small trees n brush and has a small creek running through it.. Forgot to mention im located in southern illinois. It holds water all year thanks to all the damn beavers. It regulates from a foot to 3 feet all year round. I was looking at planting wild rice around the marsh. I just had a couple of questions about it. When is the best time to plant it around here and how long does it take to fully mature. One good thing i have on my side is there are no local geese or ducks to feed on it.
sapper35
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole