Roof sealer??

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Roof sealer??

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:53 pm

Ok my dang dog barn has a couple leaks on the metal roof that i have been chasing since last may when the Tornado went over and messed the roof up.... If poked, proded, caulked, put new tin etc.. Still got 3 spots water drips in! :mad: And its only in a good down pour that it leaks So i was thinking about just rolling on some roof sealant like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kool-Seal-Whi ... g/17210942

Never used anything like this.... Anyone ever tried stuff?
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Re: Roof sealer??

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:41 pm

i_willie12 wrote:Ok my dang dog barn has a couple leaks on the metal roof that i have been chasing since last may when the Tornado went over and messed the roof up.... If poked, proded, caulked, put new tin etc.. Still got 3 spots water drips in! :mad: And its only in a good down pour that it leaks So i was thinking about just rolling on some roof sealant like this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kool-Seal-Whi ... g/17210942

Never used anything like this.... Anyone ever tried stuff?

elastomeric sealer is good stuff. it is like a paintable caulk, but way better than simple caulk. It is extremely tacky. I have seen it work on a few camp roofs. :thumbsup:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:57 pm

Yep. It's great stuff. Put it on a few trailer roofs.
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby cuppedup50 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:51 pm

I recently built a new shop and lean to, I have been using some caulk called Alex plus or something like that........good stuff for the price.....only 2.25 for a tube of it.
cut em.
cuppedup50
hunter

Postby Glimmerjim » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:28 pm

cuppedup50 wrote:I recently built a new shop and lean to, I have been using some caulk called Alex plus or something like that........good stuff for the price.....only 2.25 for a tube of it.

That's a good price if all you need is a tube or two. The Kool Seal is about $60/gal and that covers about 100 sq feet. I've had a trailer that I applied it to about 7 years ago, with a couple of them in Lake Tahoe winters. No issues at all, but probably time to recoat just to make me feel better!
Glimmerjim
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:43 am

alright thanks for info guys I'll give it a try
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole