Duck Hunting Forum banner

Facebook page: Hardcore Waterfowler

2K views 44 replies 15 participants last post by  Arkansas Swamper 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have an issue with this page? I literally can't stand it but I can't help but look at it because of how stupid some of these people are. I laugh at most of the things posted in there because these people have no clue about waterfowling but at the same time it makes me have no hope for the generation coming into the sport. Anyone else share this view?

#2 ·
I feel ya! Thing is, there are something like 25,000 people on the page and some are good guys and gals. It does feel like it's overrun with idiots though.

One guy posted a video of his boat running with a surface drive and asked if his speed looked right. No phone app, no GPS of any kind. Just wanted to know if it LOOKED about right.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Like 90% of the posts on there are ridiculous. Guys telling people that older goose decoys will just flare birds and that they won't work. Saying that they needed to buy all the latest high tech gear to kill birds. I've seen guys post videos of them shooting with unplugged guns. But I can't help but look at the posts lol

#10 ·
nmbrinkman said:
I was on there but unsubscribed because of the ridiculousness. If they could skyscrape the internet that would be the site it's happening on. Guys claiming they could ID a duck at 1000 yds and killing ducks stone dead at 100 yds routinely.
Yep, I remember some guy going on about shooting ducks and geese at 80 to 100 yards. He was just getting flamed but never backed down. Just told everyone that they need to learn to shoot better.

Like I said, it's just entertaining sometimes.

#13 ·
Johnny-O said:
Sgtstadanko707 said:
Don't you have to have a FB account to view these pages.
What grown adult has a FB page. Lol. To funny.
These are the goons we have in ca. Don't need a Fb to find them. They make websites.
http://www.cuppedaddiction.com
Okay, you win.

They like to refer to them selfs as refuge regulators. :help:

#15 ·
No hope for the generation coming into the sport? Don't worry about this sh*t you see online. Get out and educate the people that want to get into this hobby (not sport). What I would have given to learn even just the little I know about waterfowl hunting from someone when I started... Everybody wants to have their head up their ass that nobody's as good as they are. And as long as that stands you apparently don't have the right to learn. I've met countless "seasoned" hunters and they work the rules like they made em' themselves. You want this hobby to live on the right way? Teach your knowledge, don't expect it to be known.

#17 ·
I do teach others to hunt. I take kids on youth hunts and take people out for their first time to get their first birds all the time and educate them the right way. I'm coming into my 15th season water fowling.

#18 ·
redbeard44 said:
You want this hobby to live on the right way? Teach your knowledge, don't expect it to be known.
It depends if the teachee has the attitude to be taught....and for the type of folk being referred to in this thread, probably not. If they already identify themselves as "hardcore", usually an "I don't give a :censored: " , punk type attitude goes along with it. The right educators for those kind of people are game wardens.

#20 ·
Arkansas Swamper said:
Sgtstadanko707 said:
These are the goons we have in ca. Don't need a Fb to find them. They make websites.
That was some of the worst calling I've ever heard! Not THE worst, but bad...
You should feel privileged for the free lesson.

#22 ·
redbeard44 said:
NOT saying these guys are right. Also NOT trying to disrespect you Berettaguy. I'm just stating THIS is the product of uneducated hunters... Not just uneducated but also unrespectful.
I understand that. There's all ends of the spectrum on that site. From the idiots who tell people wrong things because they don't care and those truly trying to learn because they don't have anyone to teach. I personally don't just go try something without learning but some of these duck dynasty wannabes just go out without knowing anything but thinking they know it all because they read about it online

#24 ·
Sgtstadanko707 said:
Arkansas Swamper said:
Sgtstadanko707 said:
Haha, I think I might need to give them a few... Little off topic here, but has anyone seen how terrible all of the instructional duck calling videos are on YouTube? If you can't call then you don't post a video describing how to call!!!! Simple

#25 ·
Arkansas Swamper said:
Sgtstadanko707 said:
Arkansas Swamper said:
Sgtstadanko707 said:
Haha, I think I might need to give them a few... Little off topic here, but has anyone seen how terrible all of the instructional duck calling videos are on YouTube? If you can't call then you don't post a video describing how to call!!!! Simple
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but duck calling is about competition and if you can't compete then you lose. Obviously whoever blows the hardest wins... (I guess their bringing their work ethic to the field lol)

#26 ·
Arkansas Swamper said:
Sgtstadanko707 said:
Arkansas Swamper said:
Sgtstadanko707 said:
Trevor Shannahan...
Freestyleoutdoors...
Your welcome...

Or, since you know, why don't you post an instructional video?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.