Blind Construction! With Pics!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Blind Construction! With Pics!

Postby waylon » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:50 pm

I'll try and post more pictures as we go! Let me know what you think!

New Pictures!

THE HILTON!

Last edited by waylon on Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waylon
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:02 pm

That's cool. Just hope you get a little more water over there. You need a blind for your blind almost, that thing is going to stick out like crazy.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby gsphunter » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:22 pm

So are you going to live there all season so you don't have to get up so early to go out? :mrgreen:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby waylon » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:22 pm

It's gonna take a ton of work to brush this thing, but we've got it "COVERED."
waylon
hunter

Postby gahunter » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:25 pm

All I can say is HOLY CRAP batman! :thumbsup: That thing is going to be badass! What kind of area is it in?
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby donell67 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:44 pm

thats one hell of a blind.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:20 pm

That ain't no blind thats a fancy retreat fo rich folk playin at huntin. Yo see dat dere chairs an table fo plain da cards an settin yo drinks on. Then they is gona put a verandy round er sos they can catch some rays. :laughing:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby HonkShooter » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:28 pm

is that revet (sp?) ? for the cad drawing? I'm in a Engineering drafting class at my hs and its mixed with some architecture students and the drawing reminded me of some of their prints. Just curious.

Joe
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:43 pm

where is that blind at? As far as location, it looks familiar.
frazier2209
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:03 pm

very cool! you know what my 1st ? is right...

so when are you going to host a DHC chat duck hunt in that thing? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:24 pm

I'd come up & put the FENG SHUE GREENHEAD VOO DOO on it for ya'll. :eek: :hammering: :thumbsup:
Last edited by Quackcephus on Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby waylon » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:25 pm

So many questions, I'll try and answer the best I can.

The cad program is called 3d-home architect. Its super simple, and really good.

The blind is in Missouri, Everything else is "G-14 classified"

As for the water, we'll have all we can stand come October. Last year the water level was boot hight INSIDE the previous blind. (Hince the 7' floor)

We're not rich by any means, we're just tired of standing in the water with waders while its 5 degrees outside. I hunt every weekend of the 60 day season with 4 other guys. At least one of us goes home early with a leaky pair of waders, per year. I can tell you first hand; THAT SUCKS! This way we can get to the blind just before sunrise, start breakfast, and stay all day if we want. AND STAY DRY!

Yes, we do have a shit-ton of brushing to do. However, this blind isn't the biggest one in Missouri. The key to big blinds is building in a treeline. I have hunted out of blinds a lot bigger than this. 3 story blinds are very comon in Arkansas, and you're pretty much guarenteed to shoot. It does take alot of willow trees to brush them.

You would be suprised what you can do with 5 people throwing down money, and helping build. We are 3 weeks, and $2,000.00 into this project. That is including building materials, various tools, hardware, and SEED. I highly suggest it! I just can't wait until it gets cold.
waylon
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:29 pm

Dude,

You take things almoast as far as I do!!!
:salude:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:29 pm

I had a TOP SECRET/SUPER SECRET CLEARENCE once upon a time. :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:29 pm

waylon wrote:So many questions, I'll try and answer the best I can.

The cad program is called 3d-home architect. Its super simple, and really good.

The blind is in Missouri, Everything else is "G-14 classified"

As for the water, we'll have all we can stand come October. Last year the water level was boot hight INSIDE the previous blind. (Hince the 7' floor)

We're not rich by any means, we're just tired of standing in the water with waders while its 5 degrees outside. I hunt every weekend of the 60 day season with 4 other guys. At least one of us goes home early with a leaky pair of waders, per year. I can tell you first hand; THAT SUCKS! This way we can get to the blind just before sunrise, start breakfast, and stay all day if we want. AND STAY DRY!

Yes, we do have a crap-ton of brushing to do. However, this blind isn't the biggest one in Missouri. The key to big blinds is building in a treeline. I have hunted out of blinds a lot bigger than this. 3 story blinds are very comon in Arkansas, and you're pretty much guarenteed to shoot. It does take alot of willow trees to brush them.

You would be suprised what you can do with 5 people throwing down money, and helping build. We are 3 weeks, and $2,000.00 into this project. That is including building materials, various tools, hardware, and SEED. I highly suggest it! I just can't wait until it gets cold.

ummm, you forgot 1 question waylon.

shrpshtr wrote:very cool! you know what my 1st ? is right...

so when are you going to host a DHC chat duck hunt in that thing?

of course, i am not trying to be pushy or anything... :toofunny:
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:05 pm

I'm workin on a standup blind made out of PVC right now. I'll post up some pics when I GET 'R DONE!
frazier2209
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:58 am

You gotta post more pics as it comes along!

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:27 pm

You call it the Hilton. I think I would call it the Paris Hilton. There is much more innuendo that can be served up when it is The Paris Hilton, and innuendo is very important when it comes to male bonding and hunting.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:27 pm

Waylon maybe you could unclassify a region at least for this Missouri boy. I am going to take a whack at it though. Somewhere between I-70 and Hannibal North of Highway 79. Believe me that is a big area no one is going to find your super secret spot. There is some unbelievable duck hunting in that area. I am a poor man and I hunt Shanks for my ducks.

Good Looking blind! :thumbsup:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:20 pm

when are we gonna see some more updates?
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:06 am

Daaaaammmmmnnnnn!
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby waylon » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:38 am

Waylon maybe you could unclassify a region at least for this Missouri boy. I am going to take a whack at it though. Somewhere between I-70 and Hannibal North of Highway 79. Believe me that is a big area no one is going to find your super secret spot. There is some unbelievable duck hunting in that area. I am a poor man and I hunt Shanks for my ducks.

Hunter,

You're way off! I wish I could spill my guts about our location, but last year just before the season opened, there were several Blinds in our area that mysteriously caught FIRE! None of ours, thank goodness, but some friends'. Those that do duck hunt in this area are die hard, and territorial! So, I can't take any chances one someone looking at this forum, only to get a "BRIGHT" idea. This area is the best kept secret in waterfowling. Nothing but FLAT land, and agriculture in this part of the world. (Rice, Beans, Milo, Cotton,Watermelons, Potatos, ect. Very small towns, and everybody knows everybody.

I'm fortunate that we to have a ton of acres. My best friends' Grandfather owns 1000+ acres in this area. 500+ is all wetlands. It is a SERIOUS problem to keep people off of this land! Its posted, purple painted, and 2 residents are on the 1000 acres. Still we have problems.

During Bow season last year my friend got in an arguement with a guy while in his deerstand. The dumba$$ stumbled right up on my friends treestand, and then he was asked politly to leave. He didn't take it to kindly, and an arguement broke out. He finally left. However, soon after that, the Game Warden caught the guy on our land carrying 100 pounds of Corn! Its so very tough to keep this *** hole off of our "Honey Hole" He got a tresspassing fine, thats it. I think it was 50 dollar fine. This guy should thank God it wasn't me in this treestand. Its hard to eat with no teeth, and pump-knots big enough to high-center a Jeep!
waylon
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:02 am

I didn't even think of that waylon. Now I can understand why you are being so secretive about your spot. A place I hunt in Northeast, MO used to be like that. We would have people trespassing every year, but it has gotten better. Sounds like you got yourself a honey hole down there in the Southern part of the state. Good Luck this season and have fun in that Hilton.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby waylon » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:48 am

From what the boys say, its time for another Lowes run. This visit should put us over the 2000.00 mark. It's funny if you think about it, but we actually have an insurance policy on this blind due to reasons in my previous post. Next weekend I'll be driving down there to help finish the construction. I'll have more pics after that.
waylon
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:13 am

waylon wrote:From what the boys say, its time for another Lowes run. This visit should put us over the 2000.00 mark. It's funny if you think about it, but we actually have an insurance policy on this blind due to reasons in my previous post. Next weekend I'll be driving down there to help finish the construction. I'll have more pics after that.

takin it a little overboard if you ask me.
not what comes to mind when you think of traditional waterfowling.
Hope yall have fun. :thumbsdown:
frazier2209
hunter

Next

Return to The Honey Hole