Duck Hunting Forum banner

Gold's GYM

437 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Willie 
#1 ·
Gold's Gym will SCREW you the first chance they get...they're employees are liars..They use shady business tactics and won't honor anything except the Forget you clause.

Signed up for the free trail they offered..come in like it great keep using..if not at two weeks end of story BULL S%*^

They said they assumed we liked it and continued our enrollment without any further verification.Found out by bouncing a $135 check today :mad: called the bank had a pre approved withdrawal...*** I didnt pre-approve SKIT.

Having to call corporate tomorrow and get this squared away..

Never sign up for anything from this company..
They even told my girlfriend if she liked it they would continue her contract for what she's paying at her current gym...nope she's getting the 50dollar but raping too.

Finding the free trial paper and calling the pimple faced prick that gave to me and chewing his arse out too...showed mine to management today :mad: :soapbox: mlm them bastards

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a similiar problem with Golds Gym, when I got the membership it was for a full year, I signed the paper work and noticed that all payments were from a pre approved draft. I said that I did not want to do it this way and would like to just write a check if in fact I wanted to keep it going. After a year of actually not going I decided not to renew (which I called and notified them) and I had it stipulated in the contract that I would be paying by check instead of withdrawal (if I wished to continue). After the end of the year I cancelled my membership and be danged if a withdrawal didn't hit. I went there and pulled the paper work and they had thrown away my copy of the membership stating that I was going to pay by check and FORGED my name to a new membership to draw the money thinking that I would not catch the withdrawal. Needless to say, my lawyer had a lot to say about it. Don't know if I can follow through with the fight because of the price of attornies and such. Will keep going until it is finacially unfeasable. Don't think I will get anywhere (just wanted the bank draft back) Knowing they did it and proving it is two different things, they used the other signature to trace the new one and if you didn't know it you almost couldn't tell. Going to be a tough long battle.

#3 ·
ncduckkiller - Contact your state's Attorney General's office. Sounds like there is fraud here and they would be very interested in the problem. Since you are not seeking damages you could use the AG's office to get them to cease and desist on the membership collection. A much cheaper way to go. Good Luck

#5 ·
Ya, I completely agree with both of you guys. A couple years ago While in highschool still I signed up with them for a month trial. I got "good rates" because I was still in school. I paid with my debit card, and they said that this was a one month trial, and if I like it to sign up for however long I wanted. Well I went the month, actually only a couple of times, and I didnt really like the people there so i quit going. 8 months later I was sent a notice saying that I owe (I forget the exact amount) something like $850.00 for the 8 months that I didnt pay for. They know damn well that I only went a couple of times in the first month, and never again. So I called and faught it and they finally let it go. They said they changed there whole system of how they work things because of my case. I call BS!
So I do completely agree with you!

#6 ·
Once they opened, they started advertising around town.. i thought geez they would stand out infront my gf's gym and offer flyers and contracts....standing IN FRoNT of the main door

oh and this was edited lol :hammer: oh well don't have no quarrels on here : Forget you clause.

#7 ·
A lot of companies pull this same tactic. Anytime they offer free trial it's only to lock you into something. Just be careful when they say it free and verify that your not signing up for some commitment in a contract. I'll give an example to this. I been a satelite tv customer for a long time. In November they called me and offered me free HBO and all the premium channels with that package for 3 months free, because I was a outstanding customer. I ask this lady several times on the cancelling policy because I knew this didn't seem right. She told I did not have to cancel it would cancel after 3 months on it's own, she assured me of this. I agreed to and they sent to the people to verify everything at which time I ask them the cancelation policy on this again. This person told me that after 3 months I would billed from then on and it didn't cancel. I told them to take a hike. Moral of the story nothings for free, they just find a loop hole in calling free. Good luck

#8 ·
In the words of my Econ Prof. "There is no such thing as a free lunch."

Offers like these can be very tempting but it's best to hold back until you are sure of what you are being offered. As for gyms, I have never joined one b/c I use the one offered by my school, which is a must pay for all student whether you use it or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.