SKY BUSTERS

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

SKY BUSTERS

Postby CANEMAN » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:31 pm

:x Which public hunting area holds the most of the worthless creatures? It has to be Lake Seminole in N.W. Florida. Tell me so that I can avoid those areas if that is even possible.
CANEMAN
hunter

It's worse here in Arkansas

Postby greentimber » Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:45 am

Come to South Arkansas and you will see the yankees(out of state people)at their best. They don't know how to hunt flooded timber. Their moto is "the bigger the gun the futher I can shoot." :cry: :cry: :cry:
greentimber
hunter

Postby berettaman » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:26 pm

Hey Caneman...I am a yankee and proud of it....by the way there are skybusting jackasses in every public area I have hunted in...in state and out of as well. Sometimes you just have to deal with it.
berettaman
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:08 am

There's plenty of them Here in central Kansas too. Earlier this year we had flocks of 50 to 75 mallards barling into our decoys and these three guys down from us tryed to shoot them down on a pass... There was no way in the world they'ed ever get a clean kill on one of them. They managed to wing one but by the time it hit the ground it it was atleast 600 to 700 yards off they never did find it... Why can't people just bring them into the decoys... thats whats fun about the hunt .... not shooting other peoples ducks that they had spiraling down in to there deeks... The people that have the birds hangin over there deeks deserve the shooting... not the guy a hundred yards down.
Mallyard 8)
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:26 pm

Holy Dead Thread Batman!!!!

just figured i'd dig this one up from the last page of the forums...lol. check out the original post date.

anyway, Summer Lake, OR on opening weekend is, without a doubt, the home of the worst skybusters in the country...if not the world. i'd bet on it.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:29 pm

Swamps, yer killin me man!

I was wiggin out cuz I had never seen this thread before and was worried if I missed it in the 5 minutes I was away gittn a bite to eat :hammering:

:toofunny:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby GADKHNTR » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:49 pm

I try to stay away from the other hunters on seminole. The thing there that gets me is the fisherman who will come all up close to you fishing..knowing you are there huntin.
"I missed 'cause everytime I shot I slid further down that log I was sittin' on."
GADKHNTR
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:45 am

Hit any public marsh and there will be skybusters. The JOCOs here are the main culprit. They think a 3.5" allows them to kill ducks flying near the top of the stratosphere and suprise...it just spooks the ducks. You wanna see some helacious skybusting, come with me on a weekend to dang near any public marsh within 100 miles of KC

The JOCOs provide me with plenty of laughter even on the slower days
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby gunman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:28 am

AlaskaRedneK wrote:I was wiggin out cuz I had never seen this thread before and was worried if I missed it in the 5 minutes I was away gittn a bite to eat :hammering:

Just when I think you were hardcore, you go and tells us you "actually" leave your computer.......Don't worry ARN, when you get back you can ask some of us REAL forum dwellers what ya missed..........newbie........ :umm: :laughing:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:31 pm

here in juneau we have the best skybusters:
about every day we hunt this one hole there are these two guys who go sit out in the grass about a 1/2 in front of us. from shooting light to about noon they stand up and shoot every 10 min( most of the time you can't see any birds the funniest part is they will walk around after they shoot like they're looking for birds It is the funniest thing the best is when there are no birds flying anywhere so we just sit there and watch them stand up and shoot. They stoped coming last year (ran out of money from all the ammo they bought :mrgreen: )
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Re: It's worse here in Arkansas

Postby what ever » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:23 am

greentimber wrote:Come to South Arkansas and you will see the yankees(out of state people)at their best. They don't know how to hunt flooded timber. Their moto is "the bigger the gun the futher I can shoot." :cry: :cry: :cry:

Some of the worst sky busting I have ever seen was in Ark by arkies and other fine Southern boys the Marylanders all unloaded their guns and sat and laughed. That was with a guide and was encouraged by the guide. It don't matter where your at or where your from there are going to be some wrinkled stars.
what ever
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole