One Step Closer

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:34 am

This is the 2005 Waterfowl Management Stampfor PA
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:37 pm

I don't like spam. But I like beer. :salude: OK. Now see, I guess we do have a stamp.
Snaph
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:59 pm

Hell yes brother
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:02 pm

KMBL, those are some fancy lookin pigeons.

:mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:06 pm

Hey Kiwi if your there

(2006 NZ south island "she'd be a game bird" stamp!)

"She doesnt drink spieghts bud"(yanks wouldnt get that)

:toofunny:
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:34 am

Hey Snafu
Where did you get the Federal stamp? I went to 3 different post offices yesterday and two had last year's stamp and the other didn't have any stamps.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:49 am

2005 CONSERVATION STAMP LAUNCH

Painting by BC artist W. Allan Hancock, titled Wintering West – Harlequin Ducks, unveiled as image of

the 2005 Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp

April 4, 2005 at the Canadian Museum of Nature

Wildlife Habitat Canada (WHC) has unveiled the painting Wintering West – Harlequin Ducks , by BC artist W. Allan Hancock, as the image of the 2005 Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp.

Born in Timmins, Ontario, in 1968, W. Allan Hancock has had a fascination with the natural world from his childhood days. Allan spent most of his youth in Saskatchewan where abandoned homesteads and the remnants of human heritage also began to leave a lasting impression.

Allan sees the conservation and preservation efforts of various organizations as mankind's attempt to be a positive influence on the natural world – an attempt he wants to be part of. Through his participation in these efforts, Allan's artwork has been selected for numerous fund-raising projects for conservation purposes. His paintings can also be found in collections throughout Canada, the United States, and parts of Europe.

“The Harlequin duck is a wonderful subject for our 21st annual conservation stamp,” commented Jean Cinq-Mars, President of WHC. “It's a species of Special Concern that crosses our borders to reach into Greenland and the United States, reminding us that we need to work with our neighbours to conserve species.”

The Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp and Print are produced each year through unique partnerships between WHC, the Canadian Wildlife Service of Environment Canada, Canadian Art Prints and Canadian wildlife artists. The conservation stamp is purchased primarily by waterfowl hunters to validate their migratory game bird hunting permits, but it is also sold to print purchasers, stamp collectors, and individuals interested in contributing to conservation, enhancement and restoration of wildlife habitat in Canada.

The revenues and royalties from the sale of the conservation stamp and print fund WHC's habitat conservation programs. Over the past 20 years, stamp sales have raised over $30 million for hundreds of wildlife habitat conservation projects across the country. WHC is a national non-profit conservation organization dedicated to working with landowners, governments, non-government organizations and industry to conserve, restore and enhance the great variety of wildlife habitats across Canada.

For more information, please contact Nancy Wright, Senior Marketing Advisor, at (613) 722-2090 ext.242.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:29 am

Nice I really love Harlequins
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:38 am

The 2005 MN waterfowl habitat stamp.

White Winged Scoter

[siteimg]766[/siteimg]
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Snaph » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:30 pm

JJ, I got the stamp at Gander MT. They are hard to find around here. I never thought about the the post office. (duh I'm a tard duuuuh) Then again I never thought about sticking a $15.00 stamp to a letter before either. Has anybody ever got a duck stamp at a Wal-Mart? I asked for a duck stamp there last year and the kid just stood there and blinked his eyes in confustion. I ask, because I don't know.
Snaph
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:54 pm

Snafu518 wrote: I ask, because I don't know.

And I KID because I care!! :smile:
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:39 pm

Now all I have to do is wait. 23 days!! The wait is gonna kill me!

Canada's wildlife habitat conservation stamp:
It's a poor pic but it's the best I could do.

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby tstrong » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:26 pm

Ace, I checked on Sunday they're not out yet. Do you know when?
tstrong
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:36 pm

tstrong, i have been bugging them about once a week for the federal stamp. I have the Fed stamp and the upland, but the state stamp is lagging behind.

Hopefully soon. I guess on friday they are having the meeting down in san luis to decide on the season and bag limits. So hopefully sometime after that is anounced it will be out. It will soon be time for us to send in ressies.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole