season dates

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

season dates

Postby duckmnn » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:32 pm

still no dates or bag limits that i can find out. I did go to US fish and wildlife all it says is a liberally season but they are not specific. I think somethings going on.But it did add an extra woodduck for atlantic and Miss. fly ways
duckmnn
hunter

Postby David » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:43 pm

The USFWS sets the guidelines, then the states set the dates. The USFWS just set the guidelines, so you will have to wait until your state sets your dates.
ImageImageImage
David
Lefty

Postby QH's Paw » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Here in Oregon, the ODFW will meet on Aug 8 to finalize dates for all bird seasons. The recommendations for us are Oct.8 opener on ducks. They'll probably go with that date, no reason not to. I'm curious what their final decisions will be for the Bills (split the season or not).
Save a Salmonid, shoot a sawbill
QH's Paw
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:58 pm

August 13 for us and its posted on here for the scaup on how they are going to do it for each flyway I think on the diver forum
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole