Duck Hunting Forum banner

Lease project 2015

233 views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  Cujo1 
#1 ·
Im bored this evening so I decided to share my newest project with you guys.

We bought a pit blind a few months ago and finally decided to get it in the ground.

Went and loaded it up today on a roll back and delivered it to the lease.

That part was really interesting.

It's new home.

Got the excavator guy coming next week to dig her in. I'll post pics as we go along.

Sent from the heart

See less See more
#9 ·
Nice... Lofty project for these parts, but that place seems to hold a lot of birds all year if I recall correctly from your pictures...

#10 ·
Update.

Went out and got it in the ground today. It didn't however go smoothly, or as planned whatsoever but nonetheless it got done. The bedrock at 4' didn't allow us to go an deeper so the height is something we're just going to have to make the best of. Still have lots more work to do to hide it, but I'm one step closer to finishing it up. Pics.

Sent from the heart

#16 ·
We rented a bobcat to finish up covering it and finish grade work. Then sewed everything in wheat. Supposed to stay relatively warm the next couple weeks so hopefully well get a little growth before season.

Also put up a solar powered electric fence around it to keep the cattle out.

Sent from the heart

#23 ·
Oh. We also had 25 hours of labor in it. That tank easily went 3-4,000lbs. Moved it twice due to hitting springs at the bed rock. Second time we moved it we used a John Deere with a hay spike to lift one end while we backed the trailer under it. I'm glad it's over, but it was worth it.

Sent from the heart

#24 ·
KyFowl20 said:
Oh. We also had 25 hours of labor in it. That tank easily went 3-4,000lbs. Moved it twice due to hitting springs at the bed rock. Second time we moved it we used a John Deere with a hay spike to lift one end while we backed the trailer under it. I'm glad it's over, but it was worth it.

Sent from the heart
Good work bud.
I'll bring the bacon and eggs

#26 ·
teddysberna said:
KyFowl20 said:

Sent from the heart
Good work bud.
I'll bring the bacon and eggs
Now you're speakin' my language!! Eating is my second favorite thing to do

Sent from the heart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.