Duck Hunting Forum banner

Booking Hunts Online?!?!

215 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  rank duck 
#1 ·
So when it comes to finding a guide service I found it time consuming having to search each outfitter and then cross reference via the forum. Do you think it would become popular if you could book guided hunts with reputable outfitters online.

Almost like a hotel ; search, compare, pick the outfitters, pick you dates, package, and pay.

What are your thoughts? :hammer:

#2 ·
Define reputable and the assurance that such a website would guarantee. How would the website perform their vetting of guide services? What if the best choice of guide services was not participating in the service?

#3 ·
I feel like I saw or heard an ad recently for a website that does this. Basically an orbitz for booking guided hunts where folks can book hunts but also rate/leave reviews on outfitters. Have no idea how legitimate it is or not, but I think there is something like this out there.

#4 ·
skydog said:
I feel like I saw or heard an ad recently for a website that does this. Basically an orbitz for booking guided hunts where folks can book hunts but also rate/leave reviews on outfitters. Have no idea how legitimate it is or not, but I think there is something like this out there.
Usually in those 'services' it only reports on services which have paid to be included in those services. That kind of defeats the purpose of understanding the best options available to someone when booking a hunt.

#7 ·
The outfitters are listed on the service for free so their is no paid listings! Yes you are correct that the better outfitters do not need to advertise but their are plenty of GREAT outfitters that are not the 1%ers of the guiding world. Also those "no need" outfitters are charging three times the rates of the normal guy. So $600 a day vs $200 a day for example.

The model works for just about any other service where people exchange money for a service, why not waterfowl hunting?

What would make you feel comfortable with booking a hunt online?

#11 ·
Guidedwaterfowler said:
The outfitters are listed on the service for free so their is no paid listings! Yes you are correct that the better outfitters do not need to advertise but their are plenty of GREAT outfitters that are not the 1%ers of the guiding world. Also those "no need" outfitters are charging three times the rates of the normal guy. So $600 a day vs $200 a day for example.

The model works for just about any other service where people exchange money for a service, why not waterfowl hunting?

What would make you feel comfortable with booking a hunt online?
So the website you describe operates completely free of any charge to all parties, hunters and guides alike? Is your revenue based on banner ad's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.