#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444876622.284803.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444876640.997676.jpg

What say y'all?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
La. Hunter said:
I wouldn't know! Even though I've been very close to one (30 ft) on our place, the LDWF swears that we don't have them here. Therefore, I'd hate to tell you it was since apparently I don't know a 120 plus pound cat when I see one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol3:

#8 ·
La. Hunter said:
I was wondering about the length of the tail too, but that's pretty muscular and defined, like a cougar, if you ask me

Those are my points and why I'm asking. Doesn't look dog in the body, but doesn't look cat in the tail.

#12 ·
La. Hunter said:
I know that both the non existent Cougars that I saw had a tail that seemed to be as long as the body, if not longer. Actually, the long, slow moving twitching tail is what caught my eye first on the one 30 foot away from me. I had just turned off my deer stand road onto another woods road, while in my jeep, and something caught my eye. At first I thought "no way that is a cougar", so I threw it in reverse since a tree was obstructing my view. Once I back up a few feet, it was standing there staring at me with the tail slowly twitching back and forth. What felt like minutes, but was probably only a few seconds later, it turned and slowly trotted off. Everyone asked why I didn't take a picture, but honestly my thoughts were "oh crap! I don't have a gun on me!" I didn't think about the fact I had a camera on my iPhone until I called my dad a few minutes later and he asked why I didn't get a picture.

I totally forgot I had a camera on my phone a few years ago when fishing alone and had an Ohio World class Largemouth in my grip. I measured it, I admired it, and then I released it.

Later I punched in the length calculator which approximates weight on a Bass. When I got to the length I had measured, the output wasn't a 'weight' but rather the words "you're dreaming". :no: :lol3:

No sense telling the story without a picture. :oops:

#13 ·
La. Hunter said:
I wouldn't know! Even though I've been very close to one (30 ft) on our place, the LDWF swears that we don't have them here. Therefore, I'd hate to tell you it was since apparently I don't know a 120 plus pound cat when I see one.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same thing happened in Western Missouri several years ago. The know-it-all game wardens were certain there were no mountain lions and that people were seeing large house cats or bobcats. They insisted this was the case until a car hit and killed one. When they studied the cougar, it was apparent it was NOT an escaped exotic pet. Oops. :oops:

There was a pair of mountain lions spotted recently in a suburban park in the KC area. Naturally, the park popo say no way, but the people who have reported them are not newbies, but experienced hunters, so I trust the hunters and not the city park cops on this one. :yes:

#14 ·
Looks like a cat to me. Hind leg musculature doesn't look like a dog. Tail also looks much more cat like, and the bottom half could just be pointed away from the camera, making it look shorter.

#15 ·
bighop said:
Looks like a cat to me. Hind leg musculature doesn't look like a dog. Tail also looks much more cat like, and the bottom half could just be pointed away from the camera, making it look shorter.

If you enhance the photo you can see the collar.

#16 ·
bighop said:

I should post a text I sent to Woody, uncanny how similar our opinions are.

#21 ·
Three things make me think it's canine.
》Tail: not only too short for cougar, but way too thin or sleek. Not full enough.
》Rear leg: length of leg lower leg (between hock and foot) says canine. Too long for cougar. Also length of lower leg in relation to length of upper leg.
》Legs in general: lower legs too thin for cougar. Muscular appearance says dog, thinner coat/fur.

#22 ·
La. Hunter said:
HNTFSH said:
bighop said:

I've blown it up several times and never saw a collar. I did see a stalk of grass that appeared to be a collar though, but I'm pretty sure is grass.

Are you using Photoshop 9.3? It's a thin collar with rhinestones and a silver buckle. Say's Rex on the name plate.

#23 ·
La. Hunter said:
HNTFSH said:
La. Hunter said:
HNTFSH said:
bighop said:

I've blown it up several times and never saw a collar. I did see a stalk of grass that appeared to be a collar though, but I'm pretty sure is grass.

Are you using Photoshop 9.3? It's a thin collar with rhinestones and a silver buckle. Say's Rex on the name plate.
Photoshop 9.4 beta. I did see something on the blade of grass when I blew it up to 973.14 percent that appears to say "B. S.".

:lol3:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.