Duck Hunting Forum banner

Stray dog

64 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Tim Terrell 
#1 ·
Can't beat free!

Sounds like the previous owner shouldn't own a dog anyway. How do you not know if your allowed to have a dog at your house.

#4 ·
La. Hunter said:
TrapperRob said:
Can't beat free!

Sounds like the previous owner shouldn't own a dog anyway. How do you not know if your allowed to have a dog at your house.
Guess not. Truthfully though, some of the strays we have taken in over the years have made really good dogs. I'd like to find a new owner for it, but we will take it in and care for it like the rest of our dogs if we don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could always go to the dog forum and tell them she retrieved something and see if they would adopt her.

#7 ·
From the pic, she looks more like a Chessie than a Choc Lab.

But I can't believe that she left "the pound" with a new owner that isn't allowed to have a dog where he lives. And I am absolutely shocked that she wasn't both spayed, AND chipped before being re-homed.

These are standard requirements at every "pound" that I've ever heard of.

#11 ·
La. Hunter said:
Well, unless something changes, she is now known as Avery. She didn't want to stay in her house and was laying at the back door soaking wet today, so the wife brought her in and bathed her and a name was chosen. Looks like the hunt for a new owner is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twas over before it started, I bet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.