Duck Hunting Forum banner

ohio river

1K views 46 replies 19 participants last post by  UncleTork 
#1 ·
hey any of you guys hunt the ohio river?

#5 ·
I don't know much about that part of the Ohio river. I would drive down there and scout the area. You could probably also get a lot of useful information from the KY DNR website, I like to print aerial maps that help when I go out and look for ducks. You could also check out the KY state forum at the bottom of the main page.

Welcome to the group. :welcome:

http://fw.ky.gov/More/Documents/OhioRiv ... MA_ALL.pdf

#14 ·
HNTFSH said:
dog2 said:
lol... I work for the dept.. the same info from the dept... is not the duck hunters view.. if you know what I mean..
It's best to go hunt for them. The duck hunters view is keeping their mouth shut.
You gave him the best advice he's going to get here, and not even a thank you. How rude. :mad:

#15 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
HNTFSH said:
dog2 said:
lol... I work for the dept.. the same info from the dept... is not the duck hunters view.. if you know what I mean..
It's best to go hunt for them. The duck hunters view is keeping their mouth shut.
You gave him the best advice he's going to get here, and not even a thank you. How rude. :mad:
I know right? What's up with that?

#16 ·
HNTFSH said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
HNTFSH said:
dog2 said:
Thats how we get treated now that we have to be nice

#17 ·
OGblackcloud said:
HNTFSH said:
OHIODUCKA5 said:
HNTFSH said:
dog2 said:
Thats how we get treated now that we have to be nice
Being nice is gay.

#18 ·
There's a nice sandy flat just downriver of Sandyburg that the ducks pile into every year. We've shot the heck out of them every year down there. Ton of standing grass and corn fields on both sides of the river. We've shot every species of big duck there and divers too. You'll need 5 dozen goose floaters four mojos and only about a dozen mallard. Set your spread in a J, but fill the curve of the J with the mallards. Have the mojos spread throughout. Lots of aggressive feed calls will pull them in. If you get beat to that spot keep going downriver about a half mile and there's a small creek mouth. It's silted up really good for about 100 yards out into the river. Great resting spot for ducks and geese coming from the aforementioned corn fields. You can use a similar pattern of decoys there, but we typically use less geese and throw some pintails and a string of divers out as far as we can get them. Less feed calling here and more hails. You can use a boat blind at either spot or layouts on the bank. Either would be effective and we have done both. Good luck.....

My grandad said anyone asking about hunting or fishing spots is really just asking to be lied to. :thumbsup:

#21 ·
dog2 said:
dog2 said:
THANKS for the info.. just looking around for some big water.
and should have known there was some smart a##s on here!!! and I would bet there all want to be duck hunters!!!! :fingerpt:
:no: we are actually hunters who put the work in ourselves. We don't like it when someone just asks where to hunt. And if you think they were being smart asses, you should hang around for a while!

:welcome: to the honey hole! :beer:

:fingerhead: :sarcmark:

#22 ·
TrapperRob said:
dog2 said:
dog2 said:
and should have known there was some smart a##s on here!!! and I would bet there all want to be duck hunters!!!! :fingerpt:
:no: we are actually hunters who put the work in ourselves. We don't like it when someone just asks where to hunt. And if you think they were being smart asses, you should hang around for a while!

I was not asking for your spot!!! ive got more spots her in ky then I can hunt I was just looking for some info on the the river for some late hunts!!!! :lol:

#23 ·
dog2 said:
TrapperRob said:
dog2 said:
dog2 said:

I was not asking for your spot!!! ive got more spots her in ky then I can hunt I was just looking for some info on the the river for some late hunts!!!! :lol:
Pm Kyfowl, he is the expert on both Kintucky big river hunting and leasing stuff. Stick around you'll like the place.

#25 ·
OHIODUCKA5 said:
Who you calling a smartazz?
YOU if you had something smart to say!! about me asking about info about the river.... guys I have been duck hunting for many years longer then most of you all have been born...if anyone was to ask me info on a place to hunt.. and it happens all the time.. I gladly share my knowledge...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.