Duck Hunting Forum banner

Hurricane Patricia causing some weird wind on opening weeken

190 views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  UncleTork 
#1 ·
I am in Indiana and we open this weekend and looking at maps this hurricane is bringing rain all up the eastern part of the country and the wind pattern are driving north, with winds from Atlantic funneling west and winds from Texas and south flowing east and meeting around the MI river and pushing north. This is pushing warm southern air north and we are warming from the 50s to the 70s this weekend. just wondering what you guys thought about what this does to the migration pattern? Do birds that were on there way south and have stopped in nice weather in the Midwest just stick around? Do they move back north a bit? Thoughts??

#6 ·
Goodness, Honey hole is brutal sometimes. Just trying to learn how weather affects things. No hurricane here, just 2 inches of rain and wind blowing south to north generally over the whole country. No one has any actual thoughts except I am an idiot for asking??

#15 ·
UncleTork said:
bighop said:
OGblackcloud said:
UncleTork said:
If they birds are in your area they will still fly. I have shot plenty of birds with winds coming out of the south, rain and 65 degrees+. It's not like the magically disappear.
Do to
Yep, like grebes.
Grebes don't magically disappear, they magically migrate.
Right, so they disappear from one place....

#16 ·
bighop said:
UncleTork said:
bighop said:
OGblackcloud said:
UncleTork said:
If they birds are in your area they will still fly. I have shot plenty of birds with winds coming out of the south, rain and 65 degrees+. It's not like the magically disappear.
Do to
Yep, like grebes.
Grebes don't magically disappear, they magically migrate.
Right, so they disappear from one place....
I hear ya

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.