Poll:

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Poll:

Postby whitefeather » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:47 pm

What do you hate the most when duckhunting:
you can only get rid of one nuscense on your hunt, which will it be?
1. ticks
2. mosquitos
3. gnats
4. snakes
5. skybusters
6. poachers
7. cold
8. heat
9. faulty equipment
10. educated ducks
whitefeather
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:56 pm

Skybusters, cause there isn't too many poachers around here
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Spoony » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:11 pm

poachers, skybusters, the rest are easier to deal with!
Spoony
hunter

Postby texan68 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:36 pm

:withstupid:
texan68
hunter

Postby greenster » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:05 pm

1: Skeeters because that means it’s hot.
2. Snake's which bring me to a story
Last season while hunting some timber we decided to go to the ducks, as we do a lot. And one of my buddies brought his 11yrold cuz RINO so we call him. As we where working a group of ducks we all hear YEEEK hAAA is the most girly voice ever. at first I thought he was in fire ants because he was shaking his hands and look down at them so i thought then i look even father down and seen about 4ft cotton mouth attempting to crawl up his legs. at first instance when snake got off his leg RINO jumped and tried to get away while falling into water and in same motion while get up out of water he turns and shoots at it banana peeling his barrel :)) still makes me laugh.

3 sky busters: can’t hunt on public land with them
So basically I hate heat which associates with most of those.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dukhnter7 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:07 am

Skybusters!! hands down!
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:31 am

I can 'deal' with everything OTHER THAN SKYBUSTING!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rowdy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:41 am

5 and 6
Rowdy
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:05 pm

#5 cause we don't have any of those other things around opening day here. :cool: Other than may be a very few poachers :thumbsdown:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:22 pm

skybusters, But you need to add one more, around here we have those late season fishermen, who love to drif-fish just outside your decoys.

they're want- to- be pro bass fishermen they come with their ranger boats their big merc's. it's november and they're fishing bass on shallow water structures.

those bass are in 50ft of water stacked up feeding. the only good thing is most of them are not from NYS.

after i let them know what i think of their iq, their geneology, and what hole they have their head stuck in, they leave.

if you want to see me snap just start a drift or troll outside my spread knowing i'm set up, oh ya PO right now!!! :pissed:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Cobra » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:14 pm

5 & 6, though declining local habitat has led to very few, extremely well educated birds for the first 3/4 of our season.
Cobra
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:55 pm

Skeeters...theyre bad around here till the first couple of frosts...I hate them bloodsuckers :yes: :toofunny: :toofunny:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby RedTx » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:16 pm

None of them thats why they call it hunting.

If I was forced to pick one it would be just poachers in general
Do you believe in the MEAN GREEN
RedTx
State Moderator

Postby Quackcephus » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:57 am

BARNIES!!! :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

poll

Postby steve jackson » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:52 pm

:thumbsdown: Ah Faulty equipment....... the #@!&%^ :pissed: truck won't start, same with the boat motor, robo duck wing falls off, only one side of course, bug can spray nozzle brteaks off - resulting in #1-3 eating me up. Gun jams, won't engage - any number of malfunctions - this prevents the elimination of #4, 5 & 6. Whatever device I brought to warm me dosent work - hence #6. #7 reverts back to the truck problem. Educated ducks???? Mine mostly come from Michigan.... none of that breed up there - especially around Ann Arbor!! GO BUCKS :thumbsup:

sj :laughing:
One day at a time
steve jackson
hunter

Postby Mr Frog » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:54 pm

most all are nusances and part of hunting.
skybusters can ruin a day, but they will never hunt with any of my group again.
Faulty equipment is the one that burns my shorts. Except the ine time when heard a grumble in dark, just as we were settling into our goose deeks. Buddie was loading his gun and had a shell slip past the follower forcing 2 shells into chamber. He procedds to take gun apart in teh early morning darkness. As he removes retainer from the magazine tube we hear a boing, argh s**t, and I see a shadow launch high into the air and a few seconds later, splash. His magazine spring was lost forever and he had a single shot on the best bird day of the season
If you're gonna shoot it.....eat it.
Mr Frog
hunter

Postby whitefeather » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:39 pm

870 wrote:skybusters, But you need to add one more, around here we have those late season fishermen, who love to drif-fish just outside your decoys.

they're want- to- be pro bass fishermen they come with their ranger boats their big merc's. it's november and they're fishing bass on shallow water structures.

those bass are in 50ft of water stacked up feeding. the only good thing is most of them are not from NYS.

after i let them know what i think of their iq, their geneology, and what hole they have their head stuck in, they leave.

if you want to see me snap just start a drift or troll outside my spread knowing i'm set up, oh ya PO right now!!! :pissed:

:eek: Why didn't I think of that! Man they :pissed: me off ! We had one idiot pull up to the edge of our decoys and throw out his anchor. I thought he needed directions or something until he pulled out a crappie rod. I said, "what are you doing?" He said, "Fishin' its a public waterway!" I said, " :cool: It sure is a good thing it is because I am shooting a 10 guage with a patternmaster choke shootin BBB's. I'll just shoot through the public air and hit your public boat in my public decoys when the next duck comes between us." I said, "Are you an idiot?" If you think I won't you probably don't know me." He called me an ***** and left. I acted like I'd shoot his boat but I probably would have just stood in the logs and decoys he decided to fish. We have never seen him back to the lake. After putting 200 decoys out and working for an hour to get everything right on a good day, only to have a complete moron show up....Wow that makes me mad. Who in there right mind would do that?
whitefeather
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:05 pm

whitefeather wrote: Who in there right mind would do that?

The problem with PUBLIC HUNTIN' is the PUBLIC :pissed:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:17 pm

Spoony wrote:poachers, skybusters, the rest are easier to deal with!
...and the rest are just part of the experience
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Mallyard » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:55 pm

Spoony wrote:
poachers, skybusters, the rest are easier to deal with!
...and the rest are just part of the experience

amen bro..

Mallyard
Aim for their lips...
Mallyard
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:02 pm

Skybusters
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:29 am

probably skybusters. i notice a lot of people do it too. especially in hunting videos, which really surprises me. a lot of people learn how to hunt watching those type videos and man are they getting some bad instruction. maybe it's just me but i like waiting until they are cupped and committed...

about the drift fishing, that wouldn't go to well here in the south. many a fights have broken out here over a duck spot. it's almost comical. a buddy of mine is a known police officer here in town. he was looking for a spot and an acquaintance of both mine and the his pulled a shotgun on him claiming that it was his hole (on public land, mind you). needless to say after a warrant the guy went to jail but that is how serious some of these idiots are about it. what's more funny is when people that have an "altercation" about this type stuff end up back at the same landing at the same time....that get's ugly.

i can deal with most everything else in that list with relative ease...
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Definitely skybusters

Postby DuckSleuth » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:51 am

It's one thing to never see a duck. It's another to have them working your spread when a @#$@#$ idiot decides to blaze away when they aren't even at tree top level. :umm:
DuckSleuth
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:49 pm

shrphtr,

I do take my hunting spots serious, and yes if I’m there and set up and some ya hoo comes and starts to fish out side my spread; you can count on me being in his face. Look this river is something like 15miles wide at the mouth it has over 1000 islands in it, the places to fish are endless, but the places to hunt aren’t

Around here we have something we all do, before sun up, if someone is coming to close you just shine your flashlight and they move on, after sun up if someone is where you want to be we just use common sense and move on

By us getting in their faces they my just start to think and move on
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:18 pm

down here nobody gets hot while duckhunting... educated ducks :toofunny:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Next

Return to The Honey Hole