Poll:

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:47 am

It is called Skybusting when someone else does it, but Pass Shooting when you do it.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

sky

Postby choclab » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:26 am

skybustin' and fishermen. It is really crappy to work a bird and and someone take a "wing and a prayer" shot.
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby 870 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:39 pm

how about this guys your working some birds, and some other guys are in a blind down from you, and your blind is getting all the birds and they see this. then as some birds are coming into range the other guys shoot at nothing and flare your birds, once i'll let it slide, but twice "get into the boat boys, just get into the boat were going to have a talk" :pissed:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:43 pm

Rat Creek wrote:It is called Skybusting when someone else does it, but Pass Shooting when you do it.

lol, i have heard that soo many times. i don't even shoulder the gun most times unless they are cupped and locked. i will pass shoot divers that are 10' above the water because that's typically how they approach. in my experiences, they don't lock until the very last second. cans are notorious for this.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Brent Futter » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:59 am

:thumbsdown: Sky busters, guys using lead shot and lastly guys who get into early on opening morning before regulated start time just as you making you way to the maimai.
Warm Barrels and Tight Lines give you the greatest satisfaction
Brent Futter
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:02 am

:withstupid: :welcome: Another kiwi what part of bop?
Is futter your real name?
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby Cephous » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:01 am

Skybusters
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby JJ McGuire » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:47 am

Poachers
JJ McGuire
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole