Wife Tip #1:

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Wife Tip #1:

Postby cast-n-blast » Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:38 am

Does your better half complain about your obsession with getting up early, spending all day in the field hunting, just to return home late in the evening exhausted & ready to pass out? Is it that she just cant relate? If so, here's tip #1 of a series of tips designed to help her understand.

Tip #1: Leave coppies of your waterfowl hunting mags in her bathroom for her to read.

This is tried and true. Just today my wife not only tells me that the magazines are relaxing to her and are her favorite ones to look in the bathroom, but now she wants to move somewhere I can be closer to better duck hunting. Simple, but effective :thumbsup:
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:17 am

Nice tip there and I love the signature. :thumbsup:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:16 am

Nice one Cast! :salude:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby donell67 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:18 pm

ill have to try that.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:42 pm

I am not seeing that one comming to fruition.

My wife will read the retriever journal, but that is it.

BTW!!, I don't think my wife spends that much time in the can! If she does, i damn sure dont want to know what she's readin. :toofunny:
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:15 pm

ACEBLDRS wrote:I am not seeing that one comming to fruition.

My wife will read the retriever journal, but that is it.

BTW!!, I don't think my wife spends that much time in the can! If she does, i damn sure dont want to know what she's readin. :toofunny:

:withstupid:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:13 pm

Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me either. I normally hear something like "Why the **** do you keep all these catalogs and magazines in here? You have a Mack's catalog in here from 2001! Get rid of it!" :laughing: :hammering:

The reason I tell her they're still in there is because they're backup for when we run out of TP unexpectedly. :laughing:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:52 pm

ol' yeller wrote:The reason I tell her they're still in there is because they're backup for when we run out of TP unexpectedly. :laughing:

Is that why all those BPS and Redhead and Cabelas catalogs are all so darn thick??? Makes more sense now...

:eek:
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:04 pm

ol' yeller wrote:
The reason I tell her they're still in there is because they're backup for when we run out of TP unexpectedly. :laughing:

Isnt a TP what an american indian uses??
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:08 pm

HuntingWife wrote:Is that why all those BPS and Redhead and Cabelas catalogs are all so darn thick??? Makes more sense now...

That's EXACTLY why. See here's my theory....

Firstly, you have the thin catalogs such as the archery, marine, waterfowl and Mack's Prairie Wings. These are comparable to the regular rolls of TP.

Secondly, you have the larger catalogs like the seasonal Cabela's and Bass Pro with a little bit of everything under the sun in them. These are equal to the double rolls of TP that still fit in the standard sized TP holder.

Lastly, you have the hard back Cabela's catalog. This enormous catalog is exactly like those HUUUUGE rolls that are in public restrooms. You know, the ones that have a 24" radius and are made of single-ply tissue paper. The ones where you have to strip off 40 yards before you have the correct amount of TP. The ones, well, nevermind. Y'all probably get the idea.

Of course you should never, EVER, EVER use the waterfowl sections. This is a clear violation. :thumbsup: :laughing:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:10 pm

You've put waaaaaaay too much thought into this one, Yeller!

:cool:
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:12 pm

kiwismakebetterlovers wrote:Isnt a TP what an american indian uses??

Well, yes, it is, BUT the correct spelling is teepee. It was shortened by the white man because they didn't feel that TP should take 6 letters to spell. Talk about lazy.

TP did make a nice teepee, but it sucked in the rain. Where do you think we got the tradition of TP'ing trees in people's yards? That's right... From the American indians.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:14 pm

HW, you may have a point. I have a knack for taking uninteresting information and converting it to even more uninteresting information. :thumbsup:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:17 pm

ol' yeller wrote:
kiwismakebetterlovers wrote:Isnt a TP what an american indian uses??

Well, yes, it is, BUT the correct spelling is teepee. It was shortened by the white man because they didn't feel that TP should take 6 letters to spell. Talk about lazy.

TP did make a nice teepee, but it sucked in the rain. Where do you think we got the tradition of TP'ing trees in people's yards? That's right... From the American indians.

So white americans wipe there a$$es with an ethnic minorities house?
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:20 pm

kiwismakebetterlovers wrote:So white americans wipe there a$$es with an ethnic minorities house?

Uh, oh... look what you've started now!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:22 pm

:laughing: :getdown:
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:24 pm

Forgive me for not being politically correct, but I've never been good at that anyway.

Not only do white Americans wipe with TP from teepee's, but so do asians, blacks, mexicans and even indians themselves. It has become the norm in this crazy world.

I doubt that anyone would take an asphalt shingle from a normal house and use it as TP. If they did I doubt they would do it again. I would assume that a case of "road rash" down "there" would not be comfortable.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:30 pm

Cheap TP (aka John Wayne) tough as nails, takes no poop.

I hope my jerky is done soon, I want to go to bed.
Snaph
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:33 pm

I equate the John Wayne TP as equal to newspaper without the ink rub off. Maybe a pine cone perhaps. :yes:

Snafu, forget the jerky and delve into some witty and imaginative TP conversation.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:42 pm

HIJACKED....the trouble with the pine cone thing is, I was taught to smear a pine cone with peanut butter for the wildlife to eat. Now I have an even worst image in my mind. Thanks a lot. :mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:09 pm

I don't know if you could consider this thread hijacked. It's more of a progression rather than an outright hijack. :tounge:

I could take certain parts of your post and head off into areas I don't think the admin's would appreciate, so I won't. :cool:

Pine cones have to be better than poison ivy.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:33 pm

OK Sorry... it was lowjacked. :smile: I have gone a while without a PM from admin..trying to keep it that way. :thumbsup:
Snaph
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole