Where do yall shop?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

Where Do You Prefer to Shop

Cabelas
42%
Basspro/Redhead
13%
Macks Prairie Wings
6%
Wal-Mart
3%
Locally Owned Stores
10%
****'s
No votes
Gander Mountain
6%
Sportsmen's Warehouse
19%

Total votes : 31

Where do yall shop?

Postby Benelli Slinger » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:57 am

just curious as to where all you guys prefer to do your shopping, let us hear about it

my moms a cabelas employee and recieves a generous discount....so needless to say thats where i do my shopping
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:03 am

for anything other than cheap field loads (walmart) I shop at Gander Mountain, I used to shop at Reeds but after a really bad dealing with there gun dept. i've gone to Gander Mountain.....
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:06 am

what i love about cabelas so much is the customer service, if ya got a problem no questions asked
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby H-2-O-FOWL » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:09 am

I buy most of my equipment from a local sporting goods shop. The owner told me the other day you can get that cheaper at wally world. I told him that i will pay more to keep him in bussiness. When i need something special and he is out of bussiness wally world is not going to order it for me,and get it shipped overnight cause man i need it now. I will go to the big dept. stores to buy my steel shot when they put it on sale.
H-2-O-FOWL
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:20 am

I know what you mean. we lost our last local sporting goods store last fall, you know the kind, were you could find the owner at the store at almost anytime it was open.....I almost shed a tear, now is all I have left is the big wigs......sad
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby cooter » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:17 am

I buy ALL of my stuff over the internet. I do searches for the product, look through all the little store to the big ones that you have named, find the sweetest deal and Buy On-Line. I pay No Tax, but shipping which is usually less than the tax. Then E-bay is a wonderful place. :yes: I bought Waders just the other day (LaCrosse Top Of The Line) that retail at all teh Big Stores for $249-$259, bought them for $189 (New).

Bought a LayOut Blind just last night Cabela's $299, E-Bay $202.50 (new). :eek: My Reloading Steel, I had been paying $14.99 for #10 in the bulk, which was a peretty good price. Exact same Steel, E-bay $11.00 per #10.

I go to the local store and check out the product I want, feel it, touch it, check size, compare it against other products,get all the info that I need, and then go searching On-Line. Here in Dallas, Texas the money is here, so mark ups are max. But by looking at Shops that are in poor states, the mark up is much less and they are just trying to make a living. When I bought my SBE, locally they were $1350, I bought mine On-Line for $1028.00

I do all of my buying like this, and sometime Cabela's & Bass Pro are as cheap as any body. cooter
member of: Team GREEN
cooter
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:20 am

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:21 am

cabelas tends to have more of the stuff i am looking for. i do shop at bass pro quite a bit too though because the have retail stores that are relatively close to my area. i do some shopping at local sporting goods stores too, but their selections are often times very limited.

it's a wonder my wife doesn't think i spend too much money on hunting/fishing stuff...
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby Hooked on Labs » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:53 am

Dog stuff from Dogs Afield - owned by Jerry Day
Hooked on Labs
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:16 pm

well, cabelas and bass pro got a huge selection and are cheap on some things and pricy on others, so if i really need something those, but if not locally owned stores, so both.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby quackkiller » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:45 pm

I get what I can from a local store called Final Flight Outfitters, and if I can't get it there then I get it from sportsmens warehouse, mack's, or cabelas.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby 870 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:40 pm

For years it was just Macks Pr Wing, but last year I ended up buying so much stuff fron Cabelas they sent me a hard back Special Limited Edition catalog. Now we have a brand new Gander Mountain man that reminds me "Baby wheres the check book" :yes:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:05 pm

Gander mostly, it's about 1/2 a mile from my workplace, with another just off the highway on my way home. I think Cabelas has some great deals and a better selection though.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:13 pm

I also buy 90% of my stuff on line... I research the product & go where it's the cheapest. I've been shoppin' for an SBE II & found the cheapest place in my area to be Bass Pro Shops... they're throwin' in a case of Federal Ultra Shocks to boot. I just bought the top of the line Hodgman waders... 1600 gm's of thinsulate in the boots, fleeced lined & the have a built in shell holder... regulary $259.00 & up... $213.00 to the door. :yes:

My wife also does nearly all of X-Mas shoppin' on line. :eek:

What we save in gas, sales tax, etc is well worth the shippin' :thumbsup:
Last edited by Quackcephus on Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby donell67 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:38 pm

i shop at sportsmans warehouse but mostly order from cabelas. they have pretty good prices, but there kent steel shot went up in price. luckily i got my shells before the price increase.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mallardhunter » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:40 pm

Cabelas, its closest :thumbsup:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Snaph » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:18 pm

One thing I have never figured out is why we do not have a BPS up here in my neck of the woods (and lake). My whole area is all about hunting and fishing, and yet, we just got a Gander Mountain a few years ago. Then again, the idiots that run things up here might be a reason. They have their heads so far up their butt, they need a glass belly button to see.
Snaph
hunter

Postby cast-n-blast » Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:23 am

donell67 wrote:i shop at sportsmans warehouse but mostly order from cabelas.

:withstupid: I do the same, but lately I've been shopping ebay.
"Hippies...They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad."

"If God didn't want us to shoot animals...then why'd he make 'em out of meat?"
cast-n-blast
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole