R U A Righty or R U A Lefty?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

I'm a RIGHTY!!!
80%
I'm a LEFTY!!!
20%

Total votes : 41

Postby gunman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:18 am

Just wondering what the ratio is........LEFTY's RULE!!!!
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:58 am

:withstupid:
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby wa.duckhunter » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:15 am

I shoot em with my right and I stack em on my left. :yes:
wa.duckhunter
hunter

Re: R U A Righty or R U A Lefty?

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:53 pm

gunman wrote:........LEFTY's RULE!!!!

Pffffft.......... What ever! :hammering:

:laughing:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby donell67 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:44 pm

i am a lefty but i shoot right handed.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Quackcephus » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:15 pm

I'm CURSED... Right Handed with a Left Dominate Eye :eek: I shoot, bat, etc. right handed... sometimes I have to "wink" to make it work out, but I don't know any other way to be. :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby donell67 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:26 pm

i lucked out with right eye dominant. thank goodness, i am a bad enough shot as it is. lol
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Snaph » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:34 pm

Cephus. I have seen a guy with the same problem. He will shoot righty, but he moves his head all the way over the stock to use his left eye. And I thought me swinging a golf club looked goofy. I guess if he gets the job done...there is no prob. :thumbsup: That is a lefthanded thumbs up by the way.
Snaph
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:36 pm

Snafu518 wrote:Cephus. I have seen a guy with the same problem. He will shoot righty, but he moves his head all the way over the stock to use his left eye. And I thought me swinging a golf club looked goofy. I guess if he gets the job done...there is no prob. :thumbsup: That is a lefthanded thumbs up by the way.

Ya should of seen me on Prom Night... nuff sed!!! :laughing:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby Snaph » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:51 pm

:toofunny: I gottcha...at least I know I am not the only one. :salude:
Snaph
hunter

Postby gunman » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:25 am

Quackcephus wrote:I'm CURSED... Right Handed with a Left Dominate Eye :eek: I shoot, bat, etc. right handed... sometimes I have to "wink" to make it work out, but I don't know any other way to be. :yes:

yep that makes three of us......right handed but left eye dominate, i've become very good at snap shooting left handed, but when i'm shooting the rifle and I need to make a lomg shot, i'll switch the gun to my right sholder, i'm just much more steady with it in my right.....it's funny to see peoples faces when I switch shoulder and start plugging away..... :mrgreen:
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:59 pm

Lefty all the way! Shoot, write, throw, play hockey all left handed. Luckly for me my left eye is the dominant one. Must be pretty tough shooting with the wrong eye.

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby gunman » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:28 pm

hmmm interesting, about a 1/4 to a 3/4 split......
--------------------
gunman
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:59 pm

The majority of the worlds population are right handed and throughout history left handed people were considered handicaped and use of their left hand was discouraged. Some even suggested that left handed people were possesed by the devil.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:27 pm

It is thought that 1 out of 10 people are left handed. The reason the left handed people were looked down apon, was because it is/was believed evil lurks to the left. (like liberal democrats :mrgreen: ) So I guess some of it is true. :getdown:

One thing the true southpaws in here will agree on is; Just because you do ONE thing (write,eat, shoot etc) lefthanded. And you do everything else righthanded. You can not call yourself lefthanded. I know you might want to join the club, and I don't blame you. You are not allowed in.

:mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby Cobra » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:21 pm

Basically a LEFTY but am old enough to be of a generation where they still tried to curb the tendency. Fairly ambidextrous now, not really by choice, just that there were very few "expensive" LEFTY products available when I began to learn. Left eye dominant but shoot pretty well as a righty. Write lefty, golf, throw and kick as a righty. Most everything else is done equally by whichever hand gets ahold of it first.
Cobra
hunter

Postby gunman » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:02 am

One thing the true southpaws in here will agree on is; Just because you do ONE thing (write,eat, shoot etc) lefthanded. And you do everything else righthanded. You can not call yourself lefthanded. I know you might want to join the club, and I don't blame you. You are not allowed in.

So what the heck am I!!!!!!!!!! a Half & Half? I feel like a coffee creamer......
--------------------
gunman
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole