Predict the next 5 Hollywood disasters...

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Predict the next 5 Hollywood disasters...

Postby Snaph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Well, it has been blatantly obvious that Hollywood has been out of ideas for a while now. The latest travesty, "The Dukes of Hazzard." I don't even have to go to knows it sucks. So in an attempt to prove Hollywood's predictability, I would like to see what you guys think the (lets say 5) movies, Hollywood will destroy. I am talking about old sitcoms, TV series, movie remakes, books, old cartoons made into real action, i.e., "Scooby Doo". That kind of stuff. I know 5 is a lot to ask because they have been picked through pretty good. Here are my 5, if they are in the works. I had no idea.

1. The six million dollar man. You know this is gonna happen.
2. C.H.I.P's. Biker cops with tight pants...oh boy.
3. Underdog. "There's no need to fear..." Yes there is.
4. Get Smart. I wonder how they will "reinvent" the shoe phone.
5. Fantasy Island. They will get the Mini-Me dude to play Tattoo.

As I write this I forgot two more mediums Hollywood steals from...video games and comic books. Any more predictions?

...And yes, I know Jessica Simpson it hot. Thats not the point. :hammering: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Snaph on Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snaph
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:00 pm

I heard the other day that a possible SMURF movie was in the works.

as long as they stay away from Clints movies i'll be ok. We don't need any remake of Any Which Way But Loose.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby mallardman77 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:23 pm

just goes to show there's really no creativity left in Hollywood. I'm thinking there gonna milk the sitcom thing until it's tapped out which I say has already happened, but it's making them money and thats all that matters to the production companys. But i'll try for 5, here goes:

1: The Simpsons(Please don't ruin it!!)
2: Friends(this one wouldn't suprise me at all!)
3: Miami Vice(might even be able to get the original Crockett and Tubbs, there both unemployed right now :laughing:)
4: Fall Guy(one of my fav shows as a youngster. Lee Majors as Colt Seavers :thumbsup: )
5: Night Rider(has this one been done?)
:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:37 pm

miami vice....the movie....oh dear
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:27 pm

I can see Miami Vice and Night Rider (forgot about that one)
If they every brought the Simpsons to the big screen it would still be under control of the current producers, so I would not worry about that one just yet. Friends...the movie...eh gad! don't give them any ideas.
What was that show with William Shatner, TJ Hooker? That would be a suck-o-rama.
Snaph
hunter

Postby gunman » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:29 pm

No no no, ever since the Dukes movie was going to come out i've been saying this, that they are going to re-make the Smokey and the Bandit movies....thats just a plain given, and like everything else they will find the two dumbest actors to play them......God I hate hollywood.......

p.s. did anyone else have a thing for Sally Field? :thumbsup:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:51 pm

Snafu you are kidding right. Ruin Dukes of Hazzard? Jessica Simpson in a little red bikini, shorter shorts, and smaller tops. :mrgreen: I'm going this weekend!
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:24 pm

Sorry GA. If The "dukes" sweeps the oscars, I will apologize. The movie is gunna suck. Jessica Simpson or not. :thumbsup:
Snaph
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:12 pm

Snaf, that was GSP, not GA. And by the way, they're already in the process of turning Miami Vice into a movie. Colin Farrell and some other dude will take on the roles of Crockett and Tubbs. I think it's updated from the 80's, but it looks like they'll still be rocking some pastel suits and loafers with no shoes! Should be painful!

In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:16 pm

HuntingWife wrote: And by the way, they're already in the process of turning Miami Vice into a movie.

Please God, NO!!!!

Last edited by mallardman77 on Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:17 pm

Yeah... and that pounding you hear is the four horsemen of the Apocalyse approaching!
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:21 pm

Oops! Sorry GA...I was wrong...GSP... it is your 8 bucks not mine. Thanks for the correction HW. See guys, this is why it is always good to have a woman around. :thumbsup:
Snaph
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:24 pm

Snafu518 wrote:Oops! Sorry GA...I was wrong...GSP... it is your 8 bucks not mine. Thanks for the correction HW. See guys, this is why it is always good to have a woman around. :thumbsup:

Ha! Not to worry though, I am sure Ga will be standing in line to plunk his money down as well... he's only been talking about it for months! I'm sure I'll be right there with him too, since Lord knows I'm not letting him take another girl!

:thumbsup:
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:01 pm

Just got back home from the "wedding crashers".

first movie me and the Mrs.'s have been to in about a yr and 1/2. $10 a person know. (1/2 the price of a good lap dance.)

Movie was funny. not great. but some dang funny parts.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby Snaph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:14 pm

I am guilty of topic hijacking. So I guess I just have to sit here and shut up. :hammering:

What is Hollywood going to ruin next? "A-team" the movie? Cripes. Not that these shows could get any worse.
Snaph
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:26 pm

I know what you were lookin for, i just thought i would mention going to the movies.

OK, Hollywood could ruin:

Night rider is already in the can.
Miami Vice also filmed and ready to go.
A Team also is being cast right know.

GI Joe.

MacGyver

No more Indiana Jone's (unless Harrison Ford does it again)

Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Rambo

Magnum PI

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby Snaph » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:45 pm

I loved Magnum PI! Tom Selleck (sp) is the man. Are they really casting the "A Team?" Jezzz I was just kidding about that.
Snaph
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:58 pm

Yeh, my wife is up on all the rag mags. She says that they are either casting or shooting it.

It gets worse. She thinks that Cedric the Entertainer(i think he sucks) is going to be playin T. :thumbsdown:

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby gunman » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:08 am

ACEBLDRS wrote:

It gets worse. She thinks that Cedric the Entertainer(i think he sucks) is going to be playin T. :thumbsdown:

Thats it...I quit
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:38 am

ACEBLDRS wrote:Yeh, my wife is up on all the rag mags. She says that they are either casting or shooting it.

I was so disturbed by that statement that I went and looked it up online. The official press release says it's Jamie Foxx as Tubbs. Sigh of relief!

Shame on your wife for scaring everyone like that! :thumbsup:
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:05 am

This is why I haven't been to a movie in 2 years... they quit makin' 'em. It's just remakes of remakes or a movie version of a TV show that really wasn't that good. :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:27 am

HuntingWife wrote: The official press release says it's Jamie Foxx as Tubbs. Sigh of relief!

HW, i mean it will be Cedric (lack of) The Entertainer as "MR. T"

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby HuntingWife » Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:44 am

ACEBLDRS wrote:
HuntingWife wrote: The official press release says it's Jamie Foxx as Tubbs. Sigh of relief!

HW, i mean it will be Cedric (lack of) The Entertainer as "MR. T"

Oops! My bad... when you said "T" I thought you meant Tubbs. I guess I should be reading things more closely! Still not good though...
HuntingWife
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole