MINNESOTA GAME FAIR

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

MINNESOTA GAME FAIR

Postby gunman » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:31 pm

Sorry I know this should be in the Minnesota Forum, but I wanted it to have maximum exposure to some who don't visit that forum but live in neighboring states that might want to attend. I think it would be a fun time to put some names and faces together! Here’s the link:

http://www.gamefair.com/

It’s going to be a BLAST! The dates are going to be August 12,13,14 and Aug 19,20,21. TONS of venders show up for this, you get to try different shotguns for free, (just pay for ammo, which is sold cheap) Join in on shooting competitions and such. They also have dog trail, exhibition shooting, and tons of FREE seminars from the big wigs, including two time world duck calling Champion BERNIE BOYLE, and many more! The seminars ranging from Waterfowl to dog training, to big game, pheasants and MORE. They will have duck and goose calling contest on the 13th and 14th, which are two of the BIGEST contests in the Midwest. Also is a 3-D archery range which I have shot before and its allot of fun...might have to do it again this year! anyways from what I understand, the weekend of the 13th and 14th are the days to be there for waterfowling stuff! see ya there! -Chris
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby birdshooter » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:07 pm

Already planning to be there the 13th. should be great to see all the good callers. Was just up at Sportsman's Warehouse in St. Cloud for their Waterfowl weekend, they had some world class Duck and Goose Callers with contest for each. The open goose contest sunday was eyeopening, with both Tim and Hunter Grounds, Field Hudnall (2004 world goose champion) from Zink, who won the open goose by one point over Hunter. It was just amazing to see what these guys can do with a goose call.
birdshooter
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole