Satelite Radio?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Satelite Radio?

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:22 am

Does anyone have satelite radio? I am thinking about getting it pretty soon. When i go on my duck hunts, i am out of area for some of my favorite sports stations. So i figured that if i get satelite radio that would solve my problem. What do you guys think is the better brand? XM or Sirius?

Programs and Hosts that i would be interested in getting would be.

Jim Rome

Tony Bruno

Morning Extravagansa(sp?) with Andrew Sacilliano(sp?)

NFL packages ( i believe that is Sirius)

if any of you have either of these brands of radio and get these or other interesting programs, please let me know.

thanks.

josh
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Merganser » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:13 am

Got XM on my truck. Costs $120. a year for subscription. It's worth the cost. Got 100 or so channels to choose from. I listen to Fox News, CNN,
Nascar, ACC ballgames, and assorted music channels. Have not had Sirius so do not how it compares. Best thing about satellite radio is able to listen to same channel all the way without losing signal (ie: Nascar race for 3-1/2 hrs. during Sunday afternoon trip up to where I duckhunt or a Carolina basketball game).
Merganser
hunter

Postby Fredito » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:46 am

I have XM and love it...XM receivers for the most part are smaller then Sirius recivers. Sirius has NFL, but XM has NCAA football and MLB. XM has the MyFi which is a receiver that can record, and recently worked out a deal with Napster for the ability to record and save as MP3's...another area to consider is that XM has over 4 million subscribers and Sirius has about 1 million...and last...but not least....XM has Opie and Anthony :thumbsup: while Sirius has Stern :thumbsdown:
:spam: :spam: :spam:
Fredito
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:03 am

Got XM on my truck. May be willing to sell you the antenna and reciever since I am moving to town and will be riding my bike to work.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:12 am

i have XM in my wife's tahoe. it works really good. i mainly listen to ESPN, fox news, or one of the vaious ncaa/nascar/mlb stations. i believe next year sirius is getting the nascar stuff and i also hear a rumor a little while back that they (xm & sirius) might be joining forces. (one buying the other out, i just can't remember which one is doing the buying.)

on a side note, xm is $100/year if you pay on a per year basis. even at $120/year it is worth it though. hth!
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby vikingsfan » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:03 pm

We have the sirius sportster. It's got around 150 channels and i love it. You choose your favorite nfl team and everytime they play it will automatically put it on the game. Definently get satelite radio.
vikingsfan
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:58 pm

I also have Sirius. Sirius gets NASCAR in 2007. I like that I can use mine at home at work (makes the day go so much faster.) or the car. I went to both websites to compare the two. Sirius looked better for what I like. Satelite radio is the way to go. Who you go with is up to your tastes. Either way, you will love it.
Snaph
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:01 pm

well, i like the fact that no one gave a negative towards sat radio. I believe that i will have to get it.

KS_ If your sure your not going to hook up that XM to your bike, i might be interested in buying it from you. I guess then i would only need to buy the service. Is this like a cell phone, you get the equipment for cheep if you sign up for a subsciption?

josh
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby pitboss » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:54 pm

Sirius here too... good stuff :thumbsup:

jeff
pitboss
hunter

Postby greenster » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:27 pm

I would suggest Xm for technological reasons but both work well and do there job.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:08 pm

I have used both, and they work well. Let the program content guide you. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:02 pm

Rat Creek wrote:I have used both, and they work well. Let the program content guide you. :thumbsup:

I have decided on xm for their programming.

I like tony bruno, and he is on in the morning, on xm

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby ol' yeller » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:01 pm

I had an aftermarket XM unit installed in my truck a few months ago and the fiance has one (that came free because of a special XM offer) in her truck. We both love it. I bought one that has a separate cradle that stays mounted semi-permanently in my truck. I'm about to add a cd/mp3 player in the boat and a spare cradle for my XM unit. It'll make those 4 hour waits until shooting time go much quicker. :thumbsup:

I listen to the comedy stations a lot along with the NASCAR station, FOX News, country and rock.
ol' yeller
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole