australia duck problem

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

australia duck problem

Postby firebird » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:43 pm

Another part of Australia just lost the right to hunt ducks. The government banned it with apparently very little opposition. Just thought it was a good heads up for us to be united and an ACTIVE part of a conservation group or two on our wetlands!
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Re: australia duck problem

Postby Quackcephus » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:00 pm

firebird wrote:Another part of Australia just lost the right to hunt ducks. The government banned it with apparently very little opposition. Just thought it was a good heads up for us to be united and an ACTIVE part of a conservation group or two on our wetlands!

Everybody needs to be a member of Delta Waterfowl, their State Waterfowl Organization, NRA, their State Gun Organization, etc. Stand up & be counted, in this day & age the SILENT MAJORITY ain't gettin' done. :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:35 pm

The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby greenster » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:25 pm

I agree Voice you opinion on matters if you want hunting/fishing or even target shooting for you kids or grandkids you need to join an non-profit origination Like Delta waterfowl, NRA, *** And I hate to say it but duck unlimited too. Not only will they support you and the hunting tradition but spend money conservation as well. If you leave it up to PETA the world will be a miserable place now and forever.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gunman » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:39 am

A-men.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:07 pm

The part that disappoints me the most is that people have so little knowledge that they think this will help nature. When you take away the reward of wonderful days in the field, you also take away the incentive to buy land, improve habitat, etc. Without active hunters, the amount of habitat available will drop rapidly. This is what will happen in Queensland, but they are too foolish to know it.

Speaking for myself as a microcosm of the greater habitat struggle, I purchased a small, but productive piece of ground primarily for hunting ducks at a price of $55K. We plant food crops on it for the ducks, but the deer, turkey and other creatures benefit equally. It is not farmed. It is purely a habitat. As a matter of fact, as the duck lake got shallower in mid summer, it looked like a great blue heron, egret and bald eagle convention as they took advantage of easy pickings.

If we didn’t have duck hunting, would I have spent this money for this habitat? Heck no.

Hunters = Habitat = Nature. It is a strange relationship, but it works.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole