Fall Festival's

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Fall Festival's

Postby greenster » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:45 pm

Just wondering if any-one knew of some big sales, or events that was going on with in the next few months. Ill be at Macks PW Festival sept 24th
Think its 23-25 its’ a really good event down here in Arkansas Duck calling contests lots stuff on sale Family Events. Bring the youth's down they suppose to have clay targets with Tommy browning instructing, calling workshops ill say no more because of rules regarding :spam: there might be some more information in your mag.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackkiller » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:05 pm

There's the DU Expo in Memphis and I believe it is September 17-18. The DU regional duck calling contest and U.S. Open goose calling contest will be there.

On the same weekend in Nashville, TN. The U.S. Open Duck calling contest, and TN State contests will be held at the Bass Pro.

The Reelfoot Waterfowl Festival is this coming weekend the 20-21. There is a sanctioned duck & goose calling contest held there.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:24 am

The closest thing we have to that kind of stuff is.... well--- nothing! :hammering:

We dont have any of them special fairs or conventions........YET :mrgreen: (Swamps gave me a good idea that I just may have to follow thru with! :thumbsup: )

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby greenster » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm

September October is time for conventions and stuff, lots around here in Arkansas.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

fall

Postby choclab » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:03 pm

Does anyone know of any here in Washington?
"The rich....who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, are the real enemies of game". Teddy Roosevelt
choclab
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:05 pm

AlaskaRedneK wrote:The closest thing we have to that kind of stuff is.... well--- nothing! :hammering:

-Stouff

Couldn't have said it better myself. The closest thing we got here is the boat show. They have some fishing exhibitors, but nothing for hunting.
:thumbsdown:

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby greenster » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:13 pm

Maybe yall need to move to Arkansas then. Sniff. Sniff Who has the only town marked as duck hunting capital of the world, and best duck hunting store ever. :mrgreen: I’m just picking.. Check your local chapter of DU and local hunting organization stuff like that. One or two might turn up.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Admin2 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:22 pm

mallardman77 wrote:Couldn't have said it better myself. The closest thing we got here is the boat show. They have some fishing exhibitors, but nothing for hunting.

And MB wonders why you have lost 1/2 of the resident hunters in the last 20 years. :thumbsdown:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby mallardman77 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:41 pm

Yes, the introduction of the gun registry, the cost of licences have all added to the decline of hunter numbers here. It makes me :pissed: to see guys who love hunting as much as i do give up the sport because they don't wanna deal with all the gov. B.S. anymore.

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby greenster » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:54 pm

Times like this make me glad I live in a state who's economy relies so greatly on hunting, fishing and outdoors. Think last report was Well over 400million (not sure though ) is over all spending on outdoors (includes hunting, fishing, hiking, what ever else you do outdoors) Timber, Cotton, Rice, Beans are major cash crops that contribute to the great sport of waterfowl. I know you’re like Cotton you say? Yes I have actually hunted over cotton fields and did Very well they seem to want to fall in for the night there in early season rather than flooded timber as later on. But to make long story short I don’t believe Arkansas will induce any more expensive licenses or anything that might avert hunters from this great state, mainly because the states economy will inevitably fail.

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby greenster » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:57 pm

The 2005 Hunters Expo will be held Sept. 9-11 at State fairgrounds in Little Rock, Arkansas

greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Return to The Honey Hole