The Pizza Bomber...two years later.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

The Pizza Bomber...two years later.

Postby Snaph » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:20 pm

Remember two years back when a pizza delivery guy robbed a bank with a bomb locked to his neck, the cops stopped him and then was blown up?

This story is so bizarre and fascinating, I thought I would share it. If you are a crime buff you will like it. If you don't like reading don't bother clicking on the link. I have a personal interest in the case because it happened in my home town, and I was about 200 yards away when the bomb went off and this man died. I did not see it or hear it (I am guessing I did not hear the bomb go off because I was on the phone telling my wife I was going to be late) I was in diverted traffic close to the crime scene. It has been almost two years since this happened and Fox news has a special on it Saturday at 10 PM.

I would be surprised if a movie was not made out of this case, just because it is so weird. And for that matter maybe somebody might have some insight into this from some of the cops on this site. Read on...

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_m ... tml?sect=7
Snaph
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:32 pm

Man, i can't believe that it has been two years. Make a movie about it? Man Snafu, that thing was almost right out of the movies. Crazy.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Snaph » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:48 pm

The state cops were in our parking lot (at work) that day looking for whatever. His last delivery point was less than a mile away. Creepy. Those of us that have carry pemits used them the next day. Paranoid, yes. A victim...no.
Snaph
hunter

Postby dukhnter7 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:35 pm

I've been in Law Enforcement for 14 years and have been a Hostage negotiator for 12 years. These kind of things intrigue me. Just a gut feeling, but I think the guy had something to do with it. A couple things stand out. I have never seen a case where the hostage taker arms his hostage with a deadly weapon. (the walking stick/gun) If the motive was to kill or injure the officers, he failed. If there is a mastermind behind all of this, my guess is that he is not going to like failing. He would probably contact authorities by letter letting them know that they were "not safe". It would be the only way the mastermind piece of crap could save face. The "mastermind" is probably a lifetime loser. He has failed at everything that he has done so by taking a hostage and making him do the dirty work, if it fails, it is the hostages fault and not his.

Like I said before, this is just a gut feeling. But when you have a gut the size of mine, you have to follow it.

Or - it could have been a team of aliens that beamed down just to screw with us.
dukhnter7
State Moderator

Postby gunman » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:04 am

good read, thats always a good site to wast acouple hours in....
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole