Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.
Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o
An Indiana farm wife called the local phone company to report her
telephone failed to ring when her friends called -- and that on the
few occasions when it did ring, her pet dog always moaned right before
the phone rang. The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene,
curious to see this psychic dog or senile elderly lady.
He climbed a nearby telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed
the subscriber's house.
The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned loudly and
the telephone began to ring.
Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:
1. The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire via a steel chain and collar.
2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.
3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the phone number was called.
4. After a couple of such jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate on himself and the ground.
5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.
Which demonstrates that some problems can be fixed by pissing and moaning.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
- Forum & State Moderator
- Posts: 3091
- Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:58 am
- Location: "Buzz" at 8 months . Land of 10K polluted lakes
:toofunny: :toofunny: thats great! im going to have to save this one!
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
- Posts: 975
- Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:39 pm
- Location: Brainerd, MN
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:47 am
- Location: sharon,pa
:toofunny: thats a good one
- Posts: 224
- Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:46 pm
- Location: Murphy, TX
good one H2O
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.
Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
- Posts: 2751
- Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:02 pm
- Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Which demonstrates that some problems can be fixed by pissing and moaning.[/quote]
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs
"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
- Posts: 4202
- Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:12 pm
- Location: Chugiak, Alaska
Return to The Honey Hole
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: endofadirtroad, Google [Bot], i_willie12, OHIODUCKA5 and 10 guests